“Pretty Good Diner!”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stopped in the Alexis Diner for drinks and dessert last weekend. The decor is typical diner, nice & clean. The wait staff were good. The drinks were pretty good considering it was a diner. The desserts were typical diner as well. They were good but not great. All in all, it was a nice stop and end to our evening.

1  Thank Leslie G

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I've been to the Alexis a few times while traveling throught the area. It's a diner. The food is good and the portions are large while the prices are pretty standard for a diner. I'm a fan of the meatloaf sandwich while the wife enjoys the salads. As most diners go, the selection is large and diverse. I'd have no qualms telling someone to stop here and I'm sure I'll be back.

1  Thank Amys_husband
Reviewed July 24, 2012

A great diner type breakfast - large selection with a variety of foods and big portions! You know it is good by the crowded parking lot!!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

The food has declined greatly from what it once was. Used to go here all the time, but not anymore.Hope they hire better staff soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

My husband and I had a flight out of Newburgh and I typically "need" a drink prior to flying, but it was before lunch time and we couldn't find a place that would serve before noon. My father-in-law said he knew of a diner that had a full bar and that they would likely serve early since it wasn't a Sunday. Truthfully, I didn't really believe him, but went along for the ride (with a couple minatures in my purse just in case.) We walked in to a clean amazing space loaded with house baked goodies and a full bar! Oh my. Is this heaven? Our server was super fun and nice - called us, "honey" and "young lady" and such - brought me a screwdriver and my husband a beer. Everyone else ordered lunch, but I went with a mushroom and cheese omlette. We all were very happy with our choices. The food was excellent. I imagine we'll make at least one visit to this place everytime we visit the area. My new favorite place!