“Beautiful views with delicious food (with a few problems)”
Review of The Lakeview House

The Lakeview House
Ranked #4 of 182 Restaurants in Newburgh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2014

What a terrific local place for an upscale meal with a beautiful view. My husband and I enjoy having a date night here on occasion, and especially after the remodel with the new up to date decor and patio. The food is fresh and delicious... Try the pasta special and the Lakeview clams! Going for lunch is a lower cost option and the menu is terrific. Our last visit was a bust though. We arrived at our early reservation time (opening time actually) to a packed parking lot. Apparently a huge party was booked and we would not be able to sit anywhere but deeply inside the restaurant with no views of the lake, which is one of the perks of this restaurant. When we asked the hostess why no one mentioned a huge party there when we made our reservation, she advised us that we "should have asked". What? We left and had a beautiful dinner at another local place. We will return to Lakeview I'm sure but they need to be up front if your dining experience will be affected by a booked event.

2  Thank Alyssa A
There are newer reviews for The Lakeview House

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The desserts are ENORMOUS!! Can easily be shared and are homemade and delicious....so save room!! This restaurant was a sweet find......thanks Trip Advisor! When making a reservation ask to be seated by the window for a great water view. We had the shrimp antiboise and the swordfish special. Both entrees were fresh, generous in size and delicious! Service was excellent!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

While visiting West Point, we decided to try this place although it was 14 miles north of West Point. Glad we did. The lake view was spectacular. And, the food was very good. I recommend this to anyone traveling to that area.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Took my Mom out for her birthday. I knew this restaurant was situated on a lake, so decided to give it a try. This was a lunchtime visit. The restaurant itself is lovely, and well maintained. The view of the lake is nice. The food was just plain boring. My Mom and I enjoyed the mozzarella appetizer, but the entrees were just not great. My son had the chicken sandwich --- the description was much more exciting than what the sandwich was in reality. The chicken patty was too thick & the roll was also thick & hard. I had a turkey sandwich which was really just thick piles of cold cut turkey, with bacon shoved in a corner & some avocado --- again, great description on the menu, but it was an extremely boring, dry wrap. The chipotle mayo was barely detectable. My Mom enjoyed her pork quesadilla, which was important... The waitress was very nice, but we won't be returning here unfortunately. I just expected more.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife took me out for my birthday I had the Shrimp Veracruz again like I've had many times and loved. However, I've always wondered why they don't take the tails off the shrimp, it would be so much better, especially in a fine dining atmosphere.