“Excellent all around!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I went for dinner this weekend and everything from the service to the food, to the location, was excellent! Highly recommend it!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I am so happy I read reviews of this restaurant before our trip to the Hudson Valley because it was definitely worth finding (with GPS) on our drive from West Point to Fishkill, NY. We were the first to arrive on a week night and were warmly welcomed and seated inside with a beautiful lake view. Our waiter, Jeremy was so friendly, informative and efficient. He recommended dishes that were delicious. My friend had the shrimp veracruz and I had the baked stuffed sole. Our salads were fresh, our entrees tasty. The sides of garlic mashed potatoes, broccoli and carrots were yummy and pretty as a picture. (see below) And then there are the views of the lake...Specials all sounded very interesting too. We would definitely return if in the area.

2  Thank Sherstur
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I had reservations for 7 PM on a Friday night and I also requested a indoor window seat because of the beautiful view of Orange Lake. We arrived on time and were immediately taken to our window seat. As expected, the view of the lake was spectacular. As an aside, the tables were full on the outdoor dining deck where the view of the lake is just as spectacular. We both ordered before dinner drinks and told our server that we would order our meals after we finished our drinks. No problem. My wife ordered the the veal cutlet which was cooked perfectly and tasted just as perfect. I ordered the New York strip steak and I can honestly say it was the best NY strip steak that I ever had. It was cooked perfectly and had that wonderful charcoal taste that I love. We lingered over some wine, then ordered dessert. We shared the creamsicle pie which was enough for the two of us. The orange creamsicle, vanilla ice cream, and whipped cream topping was a nice combination. Overall the service was excellent. We watched the sun creep over the mountain which was a wonderful way to end a wonderful dinner. We can't wait to return.

1  Thank Ed V
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Based on the wonderful reviews I read I decided to take a chance and book my parent's 25th anniversary lunch. The service was great, the food was awesome, and they were so accommodating. It's there policy to charge for the amount confirmed, but they only charged me for the amount that showed, which was about a 14 person difference. I really enjoyed it, but most important, my parent's loved it.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Visited while traveling from Boston to Jersey Shore, based on TA reviews. I was moderately pleased, spouse was thrilled. First, me... violated my Prime Directive and ordered steak "Texas Style" which meant barbeque sauce and fried onion strings, because I'm a sucker for fried onion strings. Confirmed that Prime Directive is NOT to be violated (don't ruin good beef with sauces) as the BBQ sauce left a sour aftertaste and indeed ruined the steak, which wasn't that great to begin with. The onion strings, however, were awesome!

The entre came with bread (warm but not very fresh) and a run-of-the-mill house salad. Mashed potatoes were very good. Meal was rescued by house-made Mud Pie... to big to finish, too good not to. Left half the steak on the plate, though, so I had room.

Spouse had beet salad with goat cheese (raved about it) and steamers she liked, but not as much as the seafood back home. Finished with ice cream from local maker called Gilette in Gardner, NY that was all-natural (no artificial colors, flavors or anything else) that she called the best ice cream she's had since Lappert's in Hawaii years ago.

Service was just wonderful. Really, the server could not have been more helpful and anxious to do everything possible to make this the greatest meal we've ever eaten. I think his name was Jeremy.

The lake view is pretty nice, but not worth going way out of your way for. But if you pick the right stuff to eat (I didn't... but I should have known better) you can have a special meal here.

1  Thank Keith B