“friendly staff, close to rt 87, good food...”
Review of Chili's

Chili's
Ranked #63 of 180 Restaurants in Newburgh
Cuisines: American
Syracuse, New York
“friendly staff, close to rt 87, good food...”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

tried easter sunday luncheon, immediate seating, quick response from server, we had 2 chipotle chicken dinners w fries, a small steak, grilled chicken salad... steak was ordered medium, came very rare, sent back, was heated to desired doness...4 people-$44.95

• Visited April 2012

Dallas
“NOT a good reflection on the chain”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I have eaten at Chili's in Texas, Massachusetts, Connecticut.

We had 3 meals at the Newburgh restaurant. The ribs were least bad; the other two meals were inedible. All of the food was served barely warm, poorly seasoned, and sloppily presented. The chain's standards were missed that night-- completely. The staff were friendly enough except our waitress who was cavalier and didn't seem to have a sense of appreciation of her job and Chili 's reputation. A very bad value.

Find a McDonald 's and at least get what you pay for.

• Visited November 2011
Wahington DC
“This is a good Chili's!”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Sure, it's a chain but sometimes that is a good thing - as it is here. Thankfully the receptionist at the Hampton Inn steered us away from the Gateway Diner ( if we wanted a fly in our soup we should eat there!) and said the Chili's was very good. And it was - great drink specials, food was substantial (just don't expect haute cuisine) and wait staff incredibly friendly and helpful. Definitely worth going with cadets from West Point!

• Visited October 2011
Mabalacat, Philippines
“Not a fan of casual theme dining”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

These chain restaurants are always hit or miss, and this location certainly lives up to that reputation. I don't understand why Chili's restaurants are always so greasy? I mean everything is covered in grease, the tables, menus, cutlery, etc. It's disgusting and detracts from an somewhat depressing theme based environment. I generally stick to what I know so rarely disappointed with the food proffered. The rule applies, you definitely get what you pay for.

1 Thank gargravarr
Dobson, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exactly what a West Point cadet wanted after a long summer...”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I am not a big fan of chain restaurants but my son and his friend (both USMA cadets) HAD to eat at Chili's for their first real meal since June. I was surprised by the quality of the food. The guacamole appetizer was very good and very generous. The young men loved what they had to eat and actually got full--I stuck with the sirloin as I figured it is a safe option and it was done just right.
Our server was very attentive and did not let anyone's glass get empty. She checked with us about our food and made sure we had everything we wanted without being intrusive.
There were a lot of Cadets there that day and I believe everyone was made to feel welcome and appreciated.

• Visited August 2011