“Great food - friendly servers great views”

Billy Joes Ribworks
Ranked #8 of 188 Restaurants in Newburgh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: 845-565-1560 Zipcode 12550
Reviewed July 29, 2014

First time here for me. We were there on a Sunday early evening. The place was buzzing. We had a very friendly server. Food was excellent. I had the chicken sandwich and my wife had a salad with BBQ shrimp. We did not wait at all. If we wanted to be outside, the wait would have been about 30 minutes. We will be back. My only negative was that we waited what I thought was an inordinate amount of time for our dinner. The food was hot. Our guess is that the kitchen was backed up. No one said anything to us. We're willing to go back again.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Up frm NC to visit FAM. Originally from NY. Beef brisket sand wth cheese was awesome. Server was great. Even took FAM pics. Props to the management team that day(07/28). Guy lost his ring on the deck. They pulled the floor board & got the ring! Can't go wrong with those guys. Beautiful view. I ll go again next visit.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Our server was very attentive and did not rush us at all. Generous portions, good beer selection and great views from outdoor seating area. Pulled Pork a little dry but taste was right on.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our small group of 6 very hungry, very thirsty travelers (all adults) were completely satisfied by an outstanding server, very good food and a great drink selection (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic). The view of the Hudson was remarkable and the outdoor seating area was very comfortable. What we were able to observe over our several hour stay was all of the wait staff were focused on serving their guests (we actually felt like 'guests'). Many establishments have a good selection of food and drink, as does Billy Joes, but their high energy, friendly service is what makes me reward this restaurant with a very rare 5-star rating. If I'm ever in this area again, this place is Night #1!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

There's a nice big bar in the center of a huge deck with a DJ on Friday nights and probably Saturday nights too. To be determined on my next visit. Had a great time dancing and meeting new friends al fresco. Views are awesome!

Drinks are reasonably priced and the bartenders are very nice. Not pretentious at all. Oh and they are cute too.