“unfriendly staff and horrible food”

Billy Joes Ribworks
Ranked #5 of 180 Restaurants in Newburgh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: 845-565-1560 Zipcode 12550
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“unfriendly staff and horrible food”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

the very first time i went there they IDd me at the door at like 6 PM when i was going for dinner. the prime rib was an absolute joke and some security guy yoked me for smoking outside. ever since then ive been going out of my way to inform people how much better brians backyard is Brian's Backyard BBQ has REAL BBQ, not that fake crap Billy Joe's Ribworks tries to push off as BBQ, id rather have a mcrib over anything from Billy Joe's Ribworks

• Visited February 2013

Staten Island, New York
“Excellent place to stop and eat on the way back from upstate.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were headed back from Saratoga to our home in Staten Island and decided to look for a restaurant in Newburgh and came across this place. We decided that it seemed the same cost of the major chains like Applebees, Fridays etc, so we went. We we're pleasantly surprised it was on the Hudson River with a gorgeous view through the large windows on the waterfront. We were say right away (it was about 6pm on a Monday night) and our waitress was pleasant and helpful. The food wax good, plentiful and priced as we expected. It cost us the same amount for a family of 4 as if we went to any chain restaurant but the atmosphere was way better. There were vintage style signs hanging, a beautiful view of the river and mountains, and was not something you can just find in any old neighborhood. I definitely recommend eating here, a 10 minute ride from I87 and easy to get back on as well.

• Visited July 2013
Callicoon, New York
“Great food, louzy parking”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went there yesterday for the first time, with family, loved the food, service was very good the place was crazy busy. We wanted to sit outside on the water but it would have been a 25 minute wait. Unfortunatly that just wouldn't have worked with the people we were with. Our waitress was wonderful and very quick to help our every need but get us to an outside table. So we ate inside, there the decor was fun to look at but you couldn't carry on a conversation to save your life. Way way way to loud. So go enjoy your food and the suroundings of the hudson river good for people watching, get your belly full. But don't think your going to geta word in because the band was to loud. I know that where the reasturant is in Newburgh, NY on Front Street but there was only two handicapped parking spots, really need to change that. If you cannot walk a far distance, hard to be dropped off and then go find a spot to park. Very busy street. Your party drops you off and then you wonder if there every coming back to join you.

• Visited August 2013
Hyde Park, New York
“Not that good this time”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our first visit, the food was the star, not so this time. We dined with another couple and I didn't want to complain in front of them.....they don't like when I do! I ordered a combination platter that included a half rack of St. Louis ribs, they were awful, dry as a bone chewy and not edible. The waitress didn't question the ribs being left on the plate and my not wanting to take them home. I would have asked the manager to bring me something edible in their place if not for the couple we were with. I can't blame them for that, but where is the standard? Why would any chef send out that product? Terrible. The pulled pork was excellent, so if we go again I will stick to the pulled pork.

• Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Scenic”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The food was ok but if you eat outside it's quite scenic. They are literally right on the water! (Inside reminded me of a cafeteria.)

The waitress was a doll - polite and friendly - she really went out of her way. Loved her.
Food was ok. Unfortunately since we sat next to the railing overlooking the water we had a slight problem with gnats. I covered my drink with a napkin. Live music was playing which was very nice!
I recommend for the music and the view, but don't sit right next to the railing.

Visited July 2013