“Best Meal! Service and Flavors were Top Notch! We will return.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Machu Picchu Peruvian Restaurant

Machu Picchu Peruvian Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 175 Restaurants in Newburgh
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Description: Family owned since 1990, Machu Picchu Peruvian Restaurant opened it’s doors to invite their community to experience the culinary richness of Peru. Today our menu reflects the fusion of styles and tastes that Peru is so famously known for. We pride ourselves in preparing all of our plates with the freshest ingredients in our contemporary and time-honored dishes. The imported mahogany and cultured stone design of the restaurant provides a warm ambiance for your dining experience, along with the décor which has been all crafted by Peruvian artisans and displayed to evoke an inviting and rustic feel for our customers. We also offer a full bar that is stocked with top shelf liquor as well as domestic and imported Peruvian beers. Come try our Pisco Sour – a classic Peruvian cocktail – which has said to be the best in Hudson Valley!
Albany, New York
“Best Meal! Service and Flavors were Top Notch! We will return.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We spent the day on the Hudson, and in Newburgh and Beacon, and was looking for a nice dinner on a Sunday Night. Machu Picchu delivered! We made reservations in advance, but they weren't needed, as the restaurant has plenty of tables in a nicely decorated dining room and it wasn't packed during prime dinner time. However, this may not apply for dinner on a Friday or Saturday night. Machu Picchu is located just a few blocks up from the Newburgh Landing and the menu is available for viewing online.
Our Server, Bendido(?) was top notch. We were treated like -and felt like royalty. He was always nearby or arrived promptly the moment we needed anything, but didn't feel hovering and didn't check with us too much while we were eating. He gave us plenty of time looking at the menu, but checked back with us frequently and was able to answer questions about any dish, the ingriedients, and how it was prepared and also made recommendations. Our water and our drinks were never empty and he asked after each item we finished if we enjoyed it or what we thought.
The Ceviche was the best I've had North of Miami, and quite possibly the best of my lifetime. It was a large portion with an equal amount and plenty of each element and the freshness was evident. Another added bonus was that the server asked me how spicey I wanted it when I ordered it.
We ordered a variety of items: a few appetizers (Ceviche, plantains, side beans) and then a steak & pasta meal (peruvian pesto), and another entree and each item was authentic, full of flavor, and just right. There was so many tempting choices on the menu that it was hard to narrow down and pick what to order.
We left over-full and very pleased and the bill wasn't as high as other recent nights dining out, however it was definitely the best. We don't live too close to Newburgh, but have already decided it is worth the drive for this class and quality of a meal. This is the type of place that I would go to every week until I try everything on the menu and I've already decided after the first visit that this will be my birthday dinner location this year. If you are in Newburgh for the day, driving by, or can get there, it is a must try.

• Visited June 2014

New York City, New York
“Great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Been here 5 times already, I never thought they'd be listed on this site since it's a small restaurant. Anyways, the food is delicious, I always order the ceviche mixto for $14.95. I have tried every ceviche and this one is my favorite. I don't eat at other resto here in Broadway St. but this was recommended to me by a friend so I'm hooked!

Rock Tavern, New York
“Love this place...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I've been to Machu Picchu several times and have always had a great experience. Great variety, great service, great value. Try the Ceviche!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Marlboro, New York
“A Great Change Of Venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

My Wife and I had a night party to go to and found a recommended restaurant close to home.
Machu Picchu has the taste we like and we got a table right away as we were tight on time.
Service was very good and the aura also. I had the tamale and my wife the fried plantain as appetizers. all very good. My main course was a Picca glazed flank steak which anyone would die for. My wife enjoyed the arroz con pollo with a cilantro sauce and both were generous servings.
All together we really enjoyed our time at Machu Picchu.Oh and try the cocktail called the Picce sour. (Drink of Peru)

• Visited April 2014
Chicago, IL
“A Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

This little storefront hides a restaurant that makes up in preparation and flavor what it may lack in atmosphere. The staff is very friendly, though the kitchen made a major misstep on this, our second visit. They forgot to prepare one order in our party of four. The waiter and staff apologized profusely, and the food, when it arrived, was outstanding! Do order the plantains. They are very sweet. We will return, and keep a better eye on the kitchen.

Visited July 2013