“Great Trip”

Pride of the Hudson
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Newburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: Your Hudson River Adventure begins at the Newburgh Landing in Newburgh, NY. Your Captain will present a narration of the sights along the River including Mt. Beacon, Bannerman Island, Storm King Mountain, Breakneck Mountain, The Catskill Aqueduct, World's End, Cold Spring, and West Point. May 1 - October. Visit our website for full schedule. A cruise through the majestic Hudson Highlands aboard the Pride of the Hudson is a unique way to celebrate any occasion. Our friendly, accommodating, and professional crew will respond to all our needs. Your guests can party in the comfort of our air-conditioned heated main salon that features huge wrap around windows. For those who prefer the open air, they can relax on our spacious sundeck topside or cozy foredeck area. Both the top and main decks have a fully stocked bar.The Pride of the Hudson is available for charter.The Pride of the Hudson is conveniently located near the NYS Thruway exit 17 and Route 84 Exit 10. Departures are from Newburgh Landing, Newburgh, NY in the beautiful Hudson Valley.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The sightseeing ride on either Pride or the rival Paddle wheeler are fantastic. You go through the Hudson River Fiord to West Point. Views are jaw dropping. We go every year but I was 40 before I took it the first time after living in the area my whole life. Having taken similar outing in many parts of the world I do not think there is better bang for the buck anywhere and it is ridiculously convenient.

1  Thank marvin b

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Expected a narrated cruise. The narration was pre-recorded and kept cutting out, so we observed "radio silence" for much of it. The lower, enclosed deck was incredibly hot (no a/c) and there were ants crawling on the windowsills and walls. Cruising south it was very hot, but once we turned around to head north we had the breeze and it was more pleasant. My party consisted of myself, my husband, and two kids (9 and 13) and cost over $80. I'm not sure it was worth that price, but it gave us something to do on a Thursday afternoon.

3  Thank connectikat
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My family and I wanted to do something special and then go out to eat. We enjoy being outside, but it was difficult to mesh what the younger kids wanted to do (2-16) with what the adults wanted to do. We came across "Pride of the Hudson" and all agreed it looked like a fun trip. The boat ride was two hours long. It was narrated for the first half and then we enjoyed the scenery on the way back. The day was beautiful, so we sat outside on their top deck. The kids enjoyed snacks from the bar and my wife who has Celiac's Disease enjoyed a gluten free beer! We were impressed with the crew's knowledge of the sights along the Hudson. We didn't realize there was so much to see, so close to home and it was a great way to see it all. I would recommend this trip to anyone who wants to try something new and who likes to have the family all agree on something! It seemed like a good trip for any age. Well worth it. Oh, one more thing, there are plenty of restaurants along the waterfront, so we went out for an early dinner afterwords.

3  Thank Scott G
Reviewed November 13, 2012

nice way to see hudsonvelly. good to go on hudson river cruse will defenete come back to visit hudsonvelly

3  Thank nina s
Reviewed September 4, 2012

It was a nice tour and our out of town guests enjoyed a beautiful day on the boat. It gets a bit boring after a while but was well worth the half price ticketsof $10/each thru double take deals/coupon clipper.

1  Thank Laura M

Been to Pride of the Hudson? Share your experiences!