“Decent food, great service....BUT....a nasty fish tank.”
Review of Torches on the Hudson - CLOSED

Torches on the Hudson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

So...my six year old loves fish and fishing. We head to Torches for lunch and have a decent lunch (it was his mom's birthday). Service was great, food was pretty good (I prefer some of the chains). Nice view of the Hudson as well. The salt water fish tank in the center of the restaurant needed HELP! Dead fish, dying fish, gross....we asked to sit by the fish tank....ugh. A pricey restaurant like this one should be able to maintain a (rather large) fish tank...it's a shame. It put a damper on the whole experience,

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Six of us went to dinner on 6/13/14. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable, making several great menu suggestions. Service was quick and the food was good. The only problem was that some favorites had been removed from the menu. Very nice place with great views of the Hudson River.

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I describe my visit here as inconvenient. It's weird that the parking lot was packed, we had to wait a long time for a table and the restaurant was not full. The hostess and server acted as if our small party of three was a problem as we were seated. My Bloody Mary was the worst I have ever had, it made me wonder if there was a bartender on duty. The brunch items were not fabulous. Food left on the Buffett line was dried out and bland. It's not worth us trying it again.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

First, the location of the place makes it worth giving it a shot. Went for dinner last night. The ambiance and atmosphere is above acceptable. The service was good. We shared a calamari appetizer which was quite good and fresh tasting. The main courses were a stuffed chicken breast and grilled salmon. The salmon was good but nothing exceptional. It came on a bed of rice and broccoli. The chicken was just okay at best. There was something missing from the dish overall. And the chicken was a little overcooked. They do have a very nice beer and wine menu if that's your thing. The hours are a little strange, too. Very limited on weekday nights. A touch pricey for what you get. A few improvements here and there are warranted but overall halfway decent. We are going to try the Sunday Brunch soon which seems like a great deal. $15 pp with a wide amount of food options. We'll see how it goes.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I am sad to say I was disappointed. Lots of people enjoy the place and the atmosphere is elegant but the food was not top notch.