“For the prices they charge, they should pay customers for picking...”

Lawrence Farms Orchards
Ranked #6 of 20 things to do in Newburgh
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Prices on average are at least twice the price, if not triple the price, of supermarkets, and supermarkets have it picked and delivered to your neighborhood market for purchase. Not only were cherries $7+ per pound, but donut peaches were $4.99 per pound and regular peaches $3.99. Why bother spending the money for gas and stomping around a large farm to pick your own if it's not to get great quality at a reasonable price. They even threaten to charge you for sampling. We felt taken after paying for the fruit we picked, which truly took away from the experience.

This was my last time visiting Lawrence Farms. There are too many other farms to pick from.

3  Thank 15Zap

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Love Lawerence farms orchards. I have been coming since I was a kid and now I bring my own. Great day to experience picking veggies or fruit. They have a lot to offer. The views are amazing and bring a picnic lunch or have a snack they offer a concession stand on site. Its a good wholesome family fun day or romantic walk through the orchards. They have goats, horse and ducks to check out amongst other things to do great day trip.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I pick our own sour cherries every year. We usually make an event of it and sometimes drive an hour or so to a farm, usually the Hudson area. Today we arrived at Lawrence farm-bucket in hand and saw the price per pound sign (in the orchard) I guess most people that get that far 't turn back. To add insult to injury there was also a sign asking people not to sample more than one or two cherries. Okay ,their price pound $7 INSANE!!! Please don't come here to pick cherries. Every place up a bit is $2 a pound and you can sample all you want. These people are %@&$%@#$@ disgusting.

6  Thank ssproutie
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful relaxing place to spend time on any giving day. my strawberry i picked r just so tasty and deliciousI would go back anytime I have a day off

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I grew up in the woods and sometimes the city is just too much. Lawrence Farms Orchards is the perfect place for me to recharge my batteries. From the rolling hills on the acres and acres of farmland to the fun atmosphere that screams family fun, it's just a great place to be.

The fresh, homegrown fruit are AMAZING! I definitely recommend the concord grapes, they're so juicy. My boyfriend liked the apples, although he really wanted it to be as amazing as my grapes. I loved climbing the trees to get the apples. The cinnamon cider apple doughnuts were just so delicious, we had a yummy hot dog for lunch, too.

It was really relaxing and wonderful to walk around and get lost. I do recommend to go in the summer and early fall months. Going in late fall is kind of pointless since everything dead and it's not close enough to the holidays to get a tree, hot chocolate or a carriage ride.

Overall: Go with your family and be prepared to walk.. lots of walking. :D

2  Thank Marilyn D