“Friendly people, great service; they make sure you enjoy your visit!”
Review of Corner Tavern

Corner Tavern
Ranked #10 of 31 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Friendly people, great service; they make sure you enjoy your visit!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Wonderful variety, very nice setting and people who want to make sure you enjoy your food.
We've been enjoying great meals here several days a month and encourage you to visit: if you don't like anything - let them know and they will make it right!!!
You can't do better.
Karl

• Visited April 2013

Newark
“Good food and nice atmosphere!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Hello: Well, I am really surprised that others have criticized the Corner Tavern for their food. We go there regularly and recently bought the $50.00 gift certificate this past Christmas so that we would get their giant discount coupon book for free. The decor is "reminiscent", not exactly out-dated. It is a testimony to the history of Newark from her glory days when Newark was the renown "Rose City" of the East. To top it off, I have NEVER had one single dirty piece of silverware nor dishes come out of their kitchen! My son-in-law is from Harrisburg, PA, and he has eaten at all kinds of restaurants. Yet he LOVES the Corner! We even had their rehearsal dinner there 4+ years ago and everyone raved about the steak dinners!
Now, I cannot speak to their other dishes, because we do gluten free anymore. HOWEVER, their Greek Chicken Salad is considerably nicer and noticeably cheaper than another restaurant in town. We always order that with their Basil Vinagrette, and it is GREAT like that!
Their Corner Burgers and variations of that are WONDERFUL! It's like eating ground steak with barbecue sauce. It is lovely, too.
Before my gluten-free days, I used to order their baked, bread-crusted Salmon for dinner. It was a real favorite. The only thing I don't care for is the many dishes with wine sauces, but that's just me. If you like wine sauces, then you will really enjoy the Corner Tavern!
But one of my very favorite parts is the fine service the servers provide. If we call and say we want a booth on the Restaurant side, we ALWAYS get a booth. Plus, many servers know us and know we do gluten-free...meaning hold the bread and croutons, etc. They are VERY accommodating, pleasant and cheerful about all of our needs. When we are too tired to cook or just want somewhere to go eat and "shmoose" in our area, we nearly frequently make our way to the Corner Tavern because we know we will enjoy it!

• Visited February 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“1950's modern........:(”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This place is tired, and looks it. Food and service are OK. Lackluster service. There are much better places in town to eat. This is a great location for future development, or a complete modernizing of this restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
Ocala, Florida
“An overpriced outdated dining experience”
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Three dirty dishes, two overpriced "prime rib" entrees that tasted like pot roast, and lousy 80's decor contributed to another mediocre dining experience.

The server who broight us our food was average, but offered no concessions for the dirty dishes. The 75 dollar tab belied the average service and food, and therefore was a lousy value.

Will not return.

Geneva, New York
“YUMMY!”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I have only been here 3-4 times, but each time the food and service was excellent! I had the Linguini with white clam sauce and it was the best I have ever had..

• Visited July 2011