“The best B&B I've stayed in!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newark
Vintage Gardens Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Newark B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bracebridge, Canada
“The best B&B I've stayed in!”
Reviewed September 22, 2010

When travelling, my husband and I love to stay in a B&B. We have travelled a fair amount in Canada and the UK and this is by far the nicest and cleanest B&B we have stayed in to date. The estate house has been lovingly converted to a B&B with extras that you don't often find; for example, personalized toiletries, homemade cookies every evening, and use of a bathrobe. Although Vintage Gardens is located right in the town of Newark, the grounds are large and private enough that you feel like you are in the country. The owners care and it shows. Definitely a must stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Calhoun,Ga
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We went to my husband's mother's 80th birthday in N.Y. We stayed here with other family and enjoyed ourselves so much. The rooms were clean and tidy and felt like being at your grandmother's. The breakfast tasted homemade and very fresh. We will be back. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Chico, CA
Reviewed September 13, 2010

This July I spent four wonderful days at Vintage Gardens in Newark. Every year a friend and I take a trip somewhere, and this year we decided to focus on the history and culture of Philadelphia and the Finger Lakes. When looking for a centrally located place to stay I found Vintage Gardens. It looked good and the price was right so we booked the Heirloom Peony suite. It only got better from there. Kimberlee and Michael, the innkeepers, sent us all sorts of information about the area so it was easy to plan what we would do. Upon arrival, I was so pleased to see what a wonderful property this is. The home is lovingly restored down to the arts and crafts style fumed oak flooring and the estate's grounds are lush and inviting. Our suite was large and even stocked with bath and beauty products that Kimberlee helped formulate. Every morning we were treated to a sumptuous breakfast in the dining room, including waffles that almost floated off the plate and homemade sausage. Kimberlee and Michael were happy to provide us with more ideas on places to eat and things to see and do. When they found out I was a wine lover, they gave us several good recommendations on which wineries would be good to visit. We packed our days with sightseeing and wine tasting, and every evening the innkeepers would check in with us to see how we enjoyed ourselves. Our evening were spent relaxing in the estate's library and drinking great Finger Lakes wine, which is made more in the European style than the heavy California reds I'm used to. I enjoyed my stay so much that I am working on getting some members of my wine club to head out for a visit. Although I normally only visit an area once or twice in my travels, I will absolutely return to this beautiful B&B and the diverse sights that you can easily visit from there!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 12, 2010

My wife wanted to go to a B&B for her birthday. We went on a wine tour in the Finger Lakes and discovered a romantic and restful getaway at Vintage Gardens, Our room was immaculate, the service was attentive and friendly and breakfast will never be the same. Loved it, will return again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Acton, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 23, 2010

This B&B is simply glorious. The house is grand, wonderfully appointed, and immaculate. Kimberlee and Michael (the owners) are terrific and utterly accommodating, and their passion for this property and its history shows in every detail. Thoughtful and yummy breakfasts, and a windowed and frescoed porch room that made me swoon! You will be thrilled with your stay here!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Collierville, TN
Reviewed July 8, 2010

My wife and I have stayed at Vintage Gardens B&B a number of times over the years. And every time, this charming B&B has never disappointed us. The rooms, like the rest of the home, are beautifully decorated and meticulously maintained. Sitting on the front porch is peaceful and serene. The home is situated on a lovely small estate with a beautiful garden and fountain pond.

Breakfast is always wonderful, and not your everyday breakfast either. And if you walk away from the table not feeling "full", it must be your own fault. The cookies on your bed at night is a nice touch as well.

And for you business travelers, they do have Wi-fi and the porch is a great place to work on your email. (I am doing it right now).

Kimberly and her husband are the nicest of people. When my wife and I come homne to visit, we always stay here. Our only disappointment is when there is no room at the inn!! I strongly recommend staying here.

Fritz

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed December 3, 2009

My husband booked a romantic weekend for the two of us at this wonderful B&B in 2005 and it was so wonderful that we have been back every year since! This is by far the best B&B we have ever stayed in. Kimberlee and Michael are wonderful, warm, and so accommodating. The breakfasts are creative and delicious. The rooms are so comfortable (especially the lush beds). You can spend all day at the house and not feel bored, but we also love the location. It is right in the Fingerlakes wine region, but is also close to so many other attractions like Seneca Falls and Rochester. I think what makes this place stand out are all of the unique special touches like fresh baked cookies each night, the cozy fires, the fresh flowers, and the best toiletries that I have ever used. They are so good that I have purchased larger sizes of the lotions and soaps for gifts. Usually a place this nice would feel a bit stuffy but our experience was the opposite. It is so comfortable and stress free which is why we plan on continuing our tradition of visiting each year for a very long time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Newark Garden Hotel
Manchester Inn
Manchester Inn
#1 of 1 in Manchester
Holiday Inn Express Victor

Been to Vintage Gardens Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!