“Awesome Hosts!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newark
Vintage Gardens Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Newark B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, New York, United States
“Awesome Hosts!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were on a bike trip and we stayed here. Kimberley and Michael made us feel so comfortable. They gave us trail goodies which came in handy on the trip. They treated us like royalty even though we were so sweaty upon our arrival twice. And the food; there are no words to express the unbelievable presentation and taste. Thanks so much. You will be seeing us again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marie D
VGardens, Owner at Vintage Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Marie,
Thank you for the nice words. Your group was a lot of fun! We will see you next time.
Warmest Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

After 3 days biking the beautiful Erie canal, we arrived at Vintage Gardens B&B...,
It could not have been better!! Relaxing in the beautiful gardens, enjoying the tastefully restored rooms and the beautiful sun room, this is a dreamlocation!
Not to mention the breakfast...
We had strawberry pancake...!
Absolutely phantastic..., taken care by wonderful hosts!

• Stayed May 2013
VGardens, Owner at Vintage Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2013

An old friend and I decided to get away for a night to the Finger Lakes over Memorial Day weekend, and were disappointed to find out that staying in a B and B for only one night was next to impossible. Most places require a two night minimum, but Vintage Gardens accepted our reservation for one night only. We appreciated the flexibility that this policy allowed us, and reserved the Garden Room, the only room remaining that had a private bath.

While Newark is an out of the way village, and not really in the thick of things for the Finger Lakes region, it is an easy and scenic drive from the northern parts of the Cayuga and Seneca Wine Trails. It is located on the Erie Canal, and, while not a lot of nightlife was apparent, there were several restaurants within easy walking distance from the B and B, and we spent a pleasant couple of hours walking around the village. I would not let the location deter me from staying at the Vintage Gardens, particularly if I was finished with the wine tasting and just wanted a relaxing spot before I went home. After we checked out on Sunday morning, we drove a short way west by the canal to Pittsford, where we spent a couple of hours shopping before we continued our trip home.

Without reservation, I would recommend Vintage Gardens to anyone. The grounds and house are beautifully decorated and maintained, and it is spotless. The bed was comfortable, and there is plenty of public space for socializing. Breakfast was delicious, and Kimberlee told me that she tries to cook seasonally and use either produce grown in her garden or by a local farmer.(Our breakfast featured spinach from the greenhouse!) Cookies awaited us on our arrival, and every effort was made to accomodate us when we mentioned that we were cold in the room. We felt welcomed and pampered by the hosts.

However, I would prefer not to stay in the Garden Room on a subsequent visit. The room, with a double bed, was really quite small for two people, with minimal space in the room surrounding the bed. A small entertainment armoire, two luggage racks, and a small bedside table complete the furnishings. The room was immaculate and pleasant, but there was no room to spread out, particularly with two small bags, and several coats and jackets. If you are traveling alone, perhaps the Garden Room would be a possibility, but it would still be tight.

The clawfoot tub was lovely, but it was difficult to get in and out of. I don't have mobility problems, but anyone who does should consider this before reserving this room. I didn't see any of the other rooms, but, judging from the other reviews on this site, they would seem to be much more comfortable than the Garden Room.

Fortunately, this room is located right off the parlor, which wasn't in use, so we were able to utilize the parlor to sit in and chat when we returned from our dinner and walk. In all, lovely B and B, pleasant location, but it might be worth it to reserve a more spacious room if one is available!

Room Tip: The Garden Room is very small, and a traveler with mobility problems could possibly find themselves...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your lovely review of Vintage Gardens and our services. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and breakfast. We would recommend the Asian Lily suite for your next stay as it is a very spacious room and I am sure you will enjoy it.
Warmest Regards,
Avon, NY
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Each year my best friend and I get together with our little girls for a weekend getaway in mid-March. This year we decided on a B&B experience to give the girls, who are very into their princesses, that luxury experience. We truly feel we received much, MUCH more! This welcoming and endlessly comforting historic home has something special around every corner. From homemade cookies on our nightstand to the warmth of the fireplace there's no way NOT to relax and that's a lot coming from a mother of a toddler! We greatly appreciated the warmth of the home AND the owners, Kimberlee and Michael Meeks. From lovely conversation with Mr. Meeks to the unforgettable and very special breakfast made by Kimberlee (she specially made waffles in the shape of animals for the girls!!) we truly look forward to coming back one day, hopefully with my husband next time!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Asian Lily Suite which boasted an amazing extra large clawfoot tub, perfect for the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the nice review we look forward to your next visit and meeting your husband.
utica, New York, USA
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I live in Utica, NY; however, we have friends in the Rochester/Canandaigua area. We will stay nowhere else when visiting - Vintage Gardens is truly top-notch. Every time we've been there, we've stayed in the Asian Lily Suite, which hosts a gorgeous bed, comfortable linens, a giant, 2-person bathtub, and a lovely sitting area. We've always been welcomed with cookies or apple cider or cheese, depending on the time of year. Breakfast can only be described as luscious. I've had Kimberly's buckwheat waffles with berries and homemade whipped cream, her omelettes with cheddar and apples, and there's something about those thick slices of bacon that make me wish I could always wake up here.

Unlike other B&Bs, where you are hounded by the owners and guests alike, this place truly feels like a private experience. Michael and Kimberly are welcoming and friendly without being overwhelming. They have lovely stories about their time in California and their dearly-departed friend, Baxter. I look forward to my next trip to Vintage Gardens, as I've never felt so at home (even in my own home!).

Room Tip: Asian Lily Suite has a large sitting area and private bath, but all of the rooms looked lovely and c...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
VGardens, Owner at Vintage Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your gracious review of Vintage Gardens. Your photos of the Asian Lily Suite are very nice. We are pleased you enjoy your stay with us and look forward to your next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Although I was in town to handle a tough family situation, Kimberly couldn't have made my stay more enjoyable. The rooms are so lovely, the beds were heavenly and the breakfast was simply first rate. I hope to go back under more relaxing conditions because everything about the house begged a quiet escape.

Room Tip: The non-suite rooms share a bath, but they have made even that an enjoyable experience.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
VGardens, Owner at Vintage Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you Gwen for your lovely review. We hope all goes well for your family and look forward to your next visit.
Warmest Regards
Fairfax,VA
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Vintage Garden B&B was so wonderful the first time, that I came back to stay the next time I was in the area. I would go back again because the food, coffee, bed, rooms and over all feel of the house is one that is relaxing and special.

Room Tip: Each room has it's own special feel, I would suggest checking out the rooms on-line or take a to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
VGardens, Owner at Vintage Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
We are so happy you had a good stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the Spring (perinals and cherry blossoms April -May and roses mid june). Happy Holidays!
Michael adn Kimberlee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newark
Newark Garden Hotel
#2 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Farmington

Been to Vintage Gardens Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!