Vintage Gardens Bed & Breakfast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$86
$80
Manchester Inn(Manchester)
$65
Hampton Inn Geneva(Geneva)(Great Value!)
$124
$77
HIExpress.com
$75
$65
Days Inn Geneva Finger Lakes(Geneva)(Great Value!)
$57
All reviewserie canalbreakfast was deliciousb bcookiesfinger lakeslarge bathtubsuggesting restaurantsrose roomfresh strawberrieslocal maple syrupbath productsinteresting historya wonderful place to stayupstate new yorklovely homevisiting familyrooms are beautiful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed at Vintage Gardens B&B recently on a trip to Newark, NY. It was recommended by a friend who is from the area. What a lovely place! The owners are so welcoming, the house is gorgeous and the beds were so comfortable! We enjoyed the gardens and the hospitality-we really felt at home. We stayed in the English Tea Rose room and it was beautiful. The breakfast was delicious and the cookies in our room upon check-in was a nice touch. We would recommend Vintage Gardens and will definitely stay there again if we are ever in the area. The price was very reasonable as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
VGardens, Owner at Vintage Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Thank you for your nice review. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I've lost track of how many times we have stayed here but I do know that we always have a wonderful time:). Kimberlee and Michael are so nice and very knowledgeable about activities in the area. The breakfasts are delicious and so are the cookies:). We will be back for another visit in October:)

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
VGardens, Owner at Vintage Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

We always enjoy you staying with us. See you in October!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

We are 8 family members biking the Erie Canal. Just left Kimberly and Michael's this morning. We were met by Kimberly, who showed us our rooms and immediately offered a plate of warm cookies and tea. The rooms were beautiful, spacious, the beds were delicious, as was the breakfast this morning. I have been visiting B&B's for over 20 years and this place is by far my favorite.
The house is the original home of Jackson and Perkins nurseries. I believe it was built in the early 1800's, a huge farmhouse and refurbished in the late 1800's into a tudor. I loved peeking into every nook and cranny of the place, was smitten with the morning room, and immensely comfortable in the sun room. Each room is tastefully decorated, and the feel of the place is spacious, open, light and friendly. We stayed in the American rose room and I loved the sunny atmosphere.
The owners are friendly and helpful and the full experience was one of comfort and grace. I wish we'd been booked in for a week.
My only disappointment was that the night before we arrived the deer nibbled up the gardens and I didn't get to see the roses!
I highly recommend this B&B and when you go, tell them Santoshi says hello.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
VGardens, Owner at Vintage Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Glad you had a nice trip biking along the Erie Canal. It was nice meeting you and having you stay at Vintage Gardens. See you the next time and we will do our best to keep the deer out of the rose garden!

Reviewed May 12, 2012

My husband and I completed a two-week road trip with a stay at Vintage Gardens, and it was simply the best B & B of our entire trip. Kim and Michael are gracious and knowledgeable hosts, the grounds are gorgeous, the food delicious, and there are many nice touches throughout - I'm still using the hand cream I acquired there. We stayed in the Asian Lily room, which I would highly recommend for its comfort and tasteful decor; Kim has exquisite decorating sense.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
VGardens, Owner at Vintage Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Looking forward to seeing you next time you are in the area!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Two friends and I, members of the Syracuse Rose Society, wanted to stay at Vintage Gardens, because it had been the Jackson & Perkins Estate mansion, whose rose nursery was once the largest in the United States, perhaps the world.
We were delighted and impressed with our visit!
Some highlights of our stay: homemade cookies upon arriving, locally made soap and toiletries in our rooms, fresh flowers throughout the exquisitely remodeled house, remarkably comfortable beds, a scrumptious breakfast, replete with fresh berries and extensive, varied, beautiful gardens (the cherry trees, primroses and tulips were in bloom).
We chose the Lily, the English Tea and the Peony rooms and loved them!
What a fabulous stay! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are on the 2nd floor, except for the Garden Room which is on the ground floor. All have views on to the gardens; the Garden Room and the English Tea Room are particularly sunny.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
VGardens, Owner at Vintage Gardens Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thank you for sharing great rose tips with us. We enjoyed talking with you about the JP rose history and gardening and look forward to your next stay.