Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport
$85
  • Breakfast included
$143
Hilton.com
All reviewsroom was cleanbreakfast barnon smoking roomdesk clerki highly recommend this hotellate checklinens
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I wanted an economical place to sleep and shower while visiting my new in-laws.I am a no frills traveler I want a clean room and a good bed when i travel because I am usually only sleeping and showering there. The furniture was not new but the beds were comfortable. The room was clean and the desk clerks were very pleasant and helpful. We had a clean room to sleep and shower in.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lou-Ann B
Gmny132, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Lou-Ann,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your stay on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to hear that you found our hotel staff to be "very pleasant and helpful, as well as you found our rooms to be "clean with comfortable beds". These kind words will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

We hope to see you again soon!!!

Pratibha Tamakuwala
Econo Lodge near Stewart International Airport

Reviewed September 24, 2011

I live in Florida but was asked to deploy to NY and NJ to assist in FEMA.s efforts to help families to recover from the destruction caused by hurricane Irene. That means living out of a suitcase and different hotels every few days and never spending enough time in one location to even find the local MacDonald.s. I spent 4 weeks doing that and leaving at 7am and not getting back till 10pm. I stayed in many many hotels and Motels over that 4 week period and staed in many better ones and many worse but the rooms are clean , the continental breakfast with bagels ,cereal etc does the job , the price is very reasonable . It is centrally located on a main street and not hidden away on a dark road but even more important the owner and is wife go way out of their way to help and make you feel at home which when you are a traveller is very important I lost my cell phone cord - they found me one in their lost and found , i needed papers faxed they didn,t even charge me . I highly recommend this Econ Lodge

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank mdplusk
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I don't expect much from any hotel except for a clean room with a bed and bathroom...This place cant even offer that. I was using Credit Card rewards points booked online and immediately they ask me to sign a paper for $17 for breakfast when it clearly states free continental breakfast on the website. Then when i refuse to sign, the front office worker Raj then says oh...your tired you can deal with it in the morning. RIPOFF!! Then we get into the room and there are pubic hairs all over the bathroom and bath tub, ask to see another room same thing. Then to top it off ask the front desk person for a refund and he says oh...i cant do it right now..I ask him can you document it and sign a piece of paper, oh i cant do it right now. Stay here if you want to get flees or step on someone's pubes. SO DISGUSTING, We wound up staying at the days inn in newburg instead, very nice quality there!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank albanyalum
econolodgewestpoint, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge Near Stewart International for your recent stay in our area.

Upon receipt of your review the following actions were immediately taken:

1) The staff persons who attend the front desk received additional training concerning what we offer to our guests and this includes the free continental breakfast advertised on the website.

2) The housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the standard of cleanliness in which we expect our rooms to be maintained. What you have described is not acceptable and we will not put up with it nor do we expect our guests to do so.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will stay at the Econo Lodge Near Stewart International. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed May 21, 2009

This place is a party house. The furniture is very old and room is in bad condition. A lot of young partiers, due to cost per night. Not a family motel. Carpet is dirty. Chairs are stained. Wires sticken out of walls. Cock roach motel. Never again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank traveller1024
Reviewed February 25, 2009

This hotel is disgusting. My boyfriend and I were going to stay there using our reward points but you could not even pay me to stay there. Our room was very stuffy and dirty. You could barely even see through the sliding glass door. Within a half hour of checking in a police officer showed up and said there was a larceny in the room next to ours. That was the last straw so we immediately checked out.

We called Choice Hotels to get our points back and the person on the phone said it wasn't the first time that has happened.

Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thesilverghost

Dear Guest,

Upon receipt of your review the following steps were taken immediately:

1) The housekeeping staff received additional training as to what we expect of them in maintaining the standard of cleanliness which we have set for our establishment.

2)Both the maintenance staff and the housekeeping staff were spoken to about finding some way to see to it that the rooms are less stuffy.

I’m sure that you were horrified to have the police officer come to your room and explain to you about the matter of the larceny which was committed in the room next to yours. Our security staff has received extra training in the matter of their responsibility in keeping proper watch over the safety of our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit in our area you will say at the Econo Lodge Near Stewart International. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.