“Nice staff, Uncomfortable Bed”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in New Windsor
“Nice staff, Uncomfortable Bed”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We normally stay at the Marriott when we're in this area, but decided to give the Homewood Suites a try. The staff was very pleasant, and even though the food put out for breakfast isn't anything to write home about, they at least try their best. Our biggest complaint was that the bed wasn't really comfortable--we'll be going back to the marriott even though they have smaller rooms for precisely this reason. Also, I had called ahead and asked for feather free pillows ( allergies), but for some reason they didn't take off the feather-filled comforter (I would argue that if someone indicates an allergy to one kind of down bedding it merits removing all of it). Having said that, the staff corrected the proem right away and was ver apologetic.

• Stayed September 2013
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Greyjoy 100,

Although, we don’t hear this often, it is still very hard to accept that we have failed to please a guest. I can appreciate your comments and I wish we were able to have a second opportunity to change your opinion of our hotel. I also wanted you to know that all Homewood Suites will be enhancing their bedding package in 2014. Our hotel will not only be enjoying new linen but all new bed frames and mattresses as well. Please e-mail me so that I can share specifics and dates etc.

I apologize that you did not have a great experience with us and again, I do hope you change your mind.

Kathy Russo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Brooklyn, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Extremely clean. Friendly staff. I was looking for a decent place to stay for an impromptu overnight, but I needed a place that was kid-friendly. This turned out to be an excellent choice. Great to have a 2-room suite. Breakfast was pretty decent. Our 3y/o chowed down. We did not try the pool because we forgot swimsuits. I would definitely stay here again. It's not a luxury hotel, but it's a great value for what it is.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Megan R
Megan R,

I am so glad to hear that you and your children had a fun time. During these cold winter months, come back and bring your swim suits, our heated pool awaits you!

San Antonio, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Due to an error on my part, my reservation was not held. When I arrived at the hotel, the manager graciously solved the problem, provided me with a beautiful suite, and was the soul of kindness during the two days I was in her hotel. There were not many rooms available in the area and she did not have to do this because her hotel was full. She turned what could have been a nightmare into a great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Cynthia D
Cynthia D,

It is great when we can manage the inventory and accommodate guests on even the busiest of nights. I am sure that you are alluding to our Assistant General Manager who is absolutely a key asset to our success. Thank you for recognizing her and her efforts to please our guests!

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice 2-room suite. Very modern, newish everything. Fridge, microwave, stove, coffee maker, microwave popcorn, etc. Comfortable bed. Quiet, even the fan on the heating system was quieter than most. Fast, complementary, high-speed internet. Nice breakfast. Courteous, friendly staff. All we could ask for.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi pescokid,

This was a really super assessment. We feel the same way…” All we could ask for”!
Thank you.

New York, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I give this place a 9 out of 10. The fitness center only has one working treadmill but the pool makes up for it. The food was excellent and the staff was very friendly. I would definitely come back to stay again for business.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Froy P,

Come back because we want 10 out of 10! All fitness equipment is in working order and we also offer a complimentary pass to a local gym.

Thank you for giving us such a great rating!

Northern VA
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I were in Newburg for a reunion of former work colleagues and the function was held at the Homewood Suites. I have to say that I was very impressed with this property. The lobby is beautfiul, very inviting. The staff was very helpful and our group of 50+ had nothing but positive comments.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear WheelsUpNorthernVA,

It is such a nice surprise to have someone post a review regarding a function held at our Homewood Suites! Thank you and I am glad your entire group enjoyed themselves.

Washington DC, United States
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel is sure to wow even the most critical customer. Every measure is taken to anticipate the customers needs. The location is perfect for access to West Point visits and activities. The drive in to the hotel is spectacular. Rooms and baths are very spacious. Amenities are clean, abundant and high quality - Rooms even had a full kitchen with utensils and equipment for any purpose!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Susan B
Thanks Susan B for your kind words! It really makes us proud when we read reviews like this! See you again soon I hope.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Windsor
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
#1 of 2 in Central Valley
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport? Share your experiences!