“First time at Homewood Suites”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in New Windsor
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I were in Newburg for a reunion of former work colleagues and the function was held at the Homewood Suites. I have to say that I was very impressed with this property. The lobby is beautfiul, very inviting. The staff was very helpful and our group of 50+ had nothing but positive comments.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear WheelsUpNorthernVA,

It is such a nice surprise to have someone post a review regarding a function held at our Homewood Suites! Thank you and I am glad your entire group enjoyed themselves.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel is sure to wow even the most critical customer. Every measure is taken to anticipate the customers needs. The location is perfect for access to West Point visits and activities. The drive in to the hotel is spectacular. Rooms and baths are very spacious. Amenities are clean, abundant and high quality - Rooms even had a full kitchen with utensils and equipment for any purpose!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan B

Thanks Susan B for your kind words! It really makes us proud when we read reviews like this! See you again soon I hope.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

A little out of the way but a nice hotel, very comfortable (except for the pillows!) with a friendly staff. Breakfast was convenient and good. Check in and check out was swift. Room was down at the far end of the hotel so it was a bit of a walk. Probably could have been directed to the room a bit better.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

XTeacher73,

Since your review, we have done some re-fresher training at the front desk so that we are sure to accurately direct guests where to park so that they are closest to their suite. We always learn from the feedback of our guests and appreciate your comments.

Thank you for choosing our Homewood Suites by Hilton.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here one night for a wedding at Brotherhood Winery. Unfortunately we didn't book a room until last minute. The only room available was a "smoking room" (rm. 407). We don't smoke and have stayed in smoking rooms before but the stench of smoke in this room was incredible. We had to wash everything that entered the room when we got home.
Other than that the hotel was incredibly accommodating and very well kept. The breakfast is nice, get there early.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Billica,

Thank you for your very objective comments. We never like to accommodate non-smokers in our smoking suites and I feel bad that we had no other option for you. Our hope now that we have been approved to do so is to convert the few smoking suites we do have to non-smoking within this next year.

Try us again. Don’t wait for a wedding to come back!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

When visiting West Point I normally try and book The Thayer because of the ease of access. The Thayer was booked so I searched and decided to try the Homewood Suites as I am a Hilton member. The hotel was excellent with very spacious rooms. While I was 20 minutes away from West Point, the rooms and price made up for the closer location. For the 4 nights I stayed there, I would have received 2 at The Thayer. I would highly recommend and it is a great option if visiting West Point.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Mark C,

This is a really nice testimonial. We are proud and honored to be the home away from home for several families visiting West Point and we appreciate their trust. We also appreciate the service of all of our cadets attending.

Thank you!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed here right after they opened a few years ago. What a train wreck, no training the staff was rude,swore I'd never come back. Guesse agin while in town I did return, and was really surprised at the staff. The hotel is looking a bit worn carpet ect....but still very clean. The food was also a big plus. This is a great turn around and I would defentally go back.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul G

Paul G,

This is probably one of the most rewarding reviews yet! We have worked so hard to bring this hotel to the level I knew it could reach. The success we have enjoyed is all in part because of supportive owners, Hilton guidance and a great team! We are an award winning hotel because of the very fine individuals I have the pleasure of working with. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I am so pleased that you came back and I look forward to you returning again soon. Carpet is being installed mid January!

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel every year for the last 3 years and never have any complaints. Clean room, the kitchen is a bonus feature including a living room area too. The staff is always friendly and kind. Nice variety of choices for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013

TravelOrchid,

Thank you for your very positive comments. It is so important to us that guests want to return. We have been told that we are becoming a tradition in some families and I don’t know what better compliment there is!

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Windsor
#1 of 2 in Central Valley
Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport
HYATT house Fishkill/Poughkeepsie
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport? Share your experiences!