“Great place to stay, great value...”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in New Windsor
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel with all the amenities, and great location for West Point functions and the surrounding area. The manager welcomed us personally and made the check in process seamless. She was onsite the next morning for the continental breakfast and asked about our stay. Very welcoming hotel...much appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kate L
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

A TripAdvisor Member,

I believe you had the opportunity of being welcomed by our Assistant General Manager who is really quite incredible. She has served in almost every department and remembers almost every guest. What an asset!
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for four nights. I can honestly say this was the cleanest hotel we've ever stayed at. We recently stayed at a more expensive Cape Cod hotel that wasn't even close. The staff at Homewood was incredibly personable and friendly. We most enjoyed the very comfy beds, the daily full breakfast, the pool, and the putting green. The drive to NYC was roughly an hour and actually a very nice ride. My wife seems to have high standards in terms of cleanliness, and even she was very impressed. We also enjoyed a BBQ on their patio which was fully equipped with gas grills, it was very relaxing. We would most definitely return in the future. This Homewood Suites is a great property, and we can't say enough about the friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank peter s

Hi peter s,

We are so proud of your comments! I am blessed with having an amazing Director of Housekeeping and an absolutely terrific Housekeeping Team! This group brought us to several Hilton awards and continues to strive to keep our hotel looking and feeling brand new! The great majority of this staff has been with us for years and takes such pride in their work. They are the backbone of our success and so THANK YOU for noticing their hard work.

Your comments about the friendly staff are also very much appreciated. I work with genuinely sincere people and they exude kindness without even trying.

I hope you return again soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

After fleeing another hotel where we had an experience straight out of a nightmare, it was a pleasure and a comfort to arrive at this hotel! I feel I can always count on both Homewood Suites and Hampton Inns - Hilton knows how to do things right!

The 24 hour delicious coffee is always a sight for sore eyes. The breakfast (included) was plentiful: Eggs, bacon, a waffle station, scones, BIG blackberries and blueberries, watermelon, yogurt, granola, bananas and MORE. My husband and I ate outside on the patio where it was peaceful and serene (everyone else at inside the lobby area.)

The room was comfy, cozy and most of all: CLEAN - Praise and thanks be to GOD. After the dirty, seedy hotel we had just ran from - I could have kissed the hotel staff here! Who, by the way are courteous and helpful (especially the young man with the dirty blonde hair - terrific!)

My husband and I even used the hot tub after a day of touring "Storm King" park by foot. The water was hot, the jets were powerful AND we had it all to ourselves. You won't regret a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear gram777,

What a really nice posting! It sounds like you had a very nice time at our Homewood Suites and I am happy that we were able to help you end your trip much better than it started.

Thank you!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 23, 2013

i am a disabled person and the toilet that was in my room was too low. you did not have a di room for me or my 83 year old mother who had to walk a long way from the main lobby to a room that did not have a toilet that she could use properly. I also found the tub filled up with water every time i used it to shower and there were no bars to hold on to or mats in the tub. Because I was told at check in that there were no handicapped facilities available i took the room not thinking to ask for a raised toilet seat. other than those problems I found the Hotel and the staff excellent../

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

A Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that our hotel did not have a handicap accessible suite available during your stay. These accessible suites have several modifications which would have accommodated all of your mom’s needs. I do hope that you visit again and if you would e-mail me, I will personally see to it that you confirm the exact suite and location you request.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Homewood Suites is a great find. I've stay here a couple of times and my daughter lives in the area and she has had other people stay. She has recommended this hotel to all her guests. It is close to the airport and there are several places to visiit in the area including the Washingtonville Brotherhood winery. The indoor pool is a really nice feature. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Frank L,

Make yourself known please! If your daughter lives in the area then chances are we will be seeing you often and I would like to make your next reservation. Please tell her that we appreciate her recommendations and e-mail me the dates of your next visit!

Thank you for the very positive post.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a very friendly, clean, and comfortable hotel. Only got to spend one night here on a business trip, but it was great. I wish I could have stayed here longer than in some of the other hotels I had to spend time in. Out of the 3 hotels we travelled to, this was the best and most comfortable. The value was excellent!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Mark F,

We too wish you could have stayed longer than one night and I am sorry that you had to check-in and out of three hotels during your business trip. Please feel free to e-mail me so that we can discuss the possibility of a partnership between your company and our hotel so that when you travel back into our area...we will be the hotel of choice!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

What a lovely place at a very quiet airport. We really enjoy staying at suites with our children, the cleanliness and attention to detail were very apparent. The staff were extremely friendly. The breakfast was good. The only complaint was that even though people were still getting breakfast, they shut down ontime, it was okay for us but I would have liked them to extend it just a bit out of courtesy to the guests.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Diane S,

I too always confirmed a Homewood Suites when traveling with young children. Having a suite can make the trip an entirely different experience and I am delighted to hear that you found us to be friendly, clean and attentive. I am however sorry that you felt rushed during the end of breakfast hours. In. situations like this it is always best to start cleaning from back (the kitchen) and work our way to the actual serving area. This extends the courtesy of additional time to our guests who may have arrived a bit later for breakfast then they would have liked.

Thank you for your candid feedback. It gave us a great focus during our refresher trainings.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Windsor
6 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Montgomery
Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport
HYATT house Fishkill/Poughkeepsie

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport? Share your experiences!