“Usually a very plesant place to stay unless they stick you in a stinking, reeking, smoking room” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport

Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in New Windsor
Saint Leonard, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Hotel just flat out sucked. I'm a Hilton Honors member and have been for years. Made a reservation for a non-smoking room weeks in advance of my stay upon arrival was informed I would have to stay in a smoking room. It was too late to make other arrangements so I went ahead and took the room. OMG.... you talk about a stench, I don't know how even a smoker could stand that smell. Called the desk and they said there was nothing they could do other than send up a can of air spray that lasted all of about 5 seconds. Terrible stay, won't be staying there again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Glenn M
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear GlennM,

I know we spoke on the phone but I still feel compelled to respond to your post. I truly appreciate feedback from our guests and I am relieved that I don’t have to respond to very many unhappy travelers. As you know your comments had me very bothered of course because you had such a poor stay and also because I am not sure that anything could have been handled differently. As I said during our conversation, I am sorry that our availability did not change and we were not able to accommodate you in a different suite type. Even though you confirmed a smoking suite, we noted your request for a non-smoking suite if one became available. We always try to honor requests but this time, as you know the hotel was sold out. At check-in we explained that the availability did not change but that we would call you to move if it did. I was happy to see that we did call you with that opportunity immediately upon receiving a cancellation.

As far as offering smoking suites, we are mandated to do so. As a Homewood Suites by Hilton, we must stay in compliance with the standards and so it is for that reason that we continue to offer designated smoking suites on our 4th floor.

Your opening comment speaks to the fact that you were satisfied with us in the past, so this gives me hope that our history of great customer service will guide you back again.

Kathy Russo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have been staying at the Homewood Suites New Windsor for six years now. Everytime I pull in I feel an overwhelming sense of being "home". I travel most times to this area with my four children and sometimes the husband as well. The staff ALWAYS makes an effort to accomodate us. We always find our room to be clean and with plenty of space. I LOVE that Homewood Suites provides a full kitchen. The dishwasher was very handy when my youngest was still using bottles. They provide plenty of cooking utensils. A really awesome service they offer at no charge is grocery shopping. They will send someone to the store to get the items off yoour list and bring them back and put them in your fridge/freezer. You are only charged what the groceries cost NO extra fee. In fact I gave them coupons and they used them!! Sure appreciate the effort on their part. Breakfast if good and dinner on weekdays is even better. This hotel is staffed very well and is clean throuhgout. Beds are comfortable and pool is nice. There is nothing bad that I could say about this location! Look forward to seeing you guys in April!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hi hannahlore,

Well April is almost here so please e-mail me and let me know your return dates! We want nothing more than to continue pleasing you during your visits with your family. Thank you for continuing to choose our hotel ….our home is your home!
Feel free to include grocery items in your e-mail if you would like. We can have them available in your suite upon your arrival.

Woodbridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Clean, comfortable, quiet. A home away from home! We had the King deluxe suite. It looked like an apartment. Full equipped kitchen, eating area; table/chairs, flat screen tv's in the bedroom and livingroom. The bathroom was very clean and had plenty of towels. Extra pillows and blankets in the mirrored closet. The lobby is very pretty, fireplace, flat screen tv on the wall above it. They have a small snack shop and the prices are good, Great place!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Emily C,

It really makes us happy when our guests feel so at home during their stay with us and we appreciate your very positive review. I hope that since you are not so far away that you will visit us again soon.

Newburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place would be the best hotel stateside for me, it is like your own top-notched celebrity suites that is welcomed and authentic. This hotel i can't get enough of it, it is more than what you pay for. The staff are great and complimentary dinner sounds really freaking awesome. Furthermore, i just have to say it again this hotel is the topic.

Room Tip: All the suites are freaking awesome.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Alex B,

Thank you for posting your very positive opinion of our Homewood Suites. We are currently working on some great projects which will even further enhance our guest suites. I hope you come back soon to see the new touches.

We are honored to be your stateside choice!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel from 12/27/12 to 1/1/13. We called ahead, as we had a late arrival, and the check in could not have been more seamless. The room was spotless and comfortable, housekeeping was excellent, and breakfast presented a variety of choices, hot and cold. The hotel is located on the grounds of Stewart International Airport, and is within driving distance of West Point Military Academy, Newburgh Mall, many Revolutionary War sites, and a hour drive to New York City. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Newburgh/New Windsor area. I will stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hi Nylonghorn,

We look forward to having you as our guest every time you travel to our area, any time of day or night!

Thank you for sharing such nice comments!

Poolesville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I were traveling to Newburgh for a family event. It was easy to find, and the staff was very accommodating. We arrived earlier than normal check in time, but they kindly let us check in early. The room was very clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Hi Daryl B,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments. Since you have family in the area, I hope that we will be seeing more of you! Although we can’t guarantee it, we will always accommodate an early arrival if the suite type is available. Sometimes it is just these small gestures that make a big difference. Glad that you were happy with your stay!

Thanks again!

Frederiksted, St. Croix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We've stayed here numerous times, usually a few times each year, we're in the area; and each is just as good as the last! Great customer service, clean hotel/rooms, great prices (for what you get), & nice facilities! Free complimentary breakfast in the morning, and NOT just toast/bagels. Full spread, and each morning it's a different entree. Everything is always good, appetizing, & great price....FREE! Thursday nights they also have complimentary dinner!! How AWESOME is THAT???!!! You also have a small kitchen w/complete stovetop, microwave, & dishwasher...& don't forget the pots/pans, silverware, flatware & more, because it's all there! Standard sized frig (you'd have in your kitchen at home). Free wi-fi, in room.

Staff has always been pleasant & helpful, if/when I have an issue...always resolved quickly, happily, & correctly!! :D There is an indoor pool, which has always been well maintaine..I've never seen/experienced ANY issues.

Sleeping...bed are clean & quite comfortable. I'm usually an insomniac...NEVER a problem here!

I've also NEVER had ANY issue(s) w/my bill, ALWAYS accurate..no hidden charges. What can I say....we're treated well everytime, and so we keep coming back! They've gotten "it" right here.

Room Tip: Be prepared to NOT have ANY issues! :D
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Travelinggirl56,

What great comments! You covered just about everything in detail and I appreciate that! It is really good to hear that for someone who struggles with sleep that you rested well with us.

We look forward to having you back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Windsor
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
#1 of 2 in Central Valley
4.5 of 5 stars 634 reviews
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport? Share your experiences!