“Perfect Every Time”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in New Windsor
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was the 3rd time I stayed here. I booked the hotel from hotels.com for 6 nights. The hotel gave me the room location I requested and upgraded me to a one bedroom suite even though I pre-paid for a studio. It was a nice surprise. I love their shopping service. You just let them know what you want from the store and they get it right away and there is no charge for this service! You just pay for the items purchased. Staff is very professional, friendly and helpful. Room and hotel are immaculate. Free shuttle service is very convenient. Beds are comfortable. Good water pressure. Free meals are very good. I am used to staying at 4-5 star hotels but even though this hotel is a 3 star it is excellent. Rates are very good and you get way more than you pay for. Will definitely being staying each time I return to the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank WDubin
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Hi Wendy D!
You give a great critique! You cover just about every facet of your stay and then rank it accordingly. Of course we love your feedback about us and it means so much that you keep returning. We appreciate that you continue to choose our Homewood Suites because we know that you have several lodging options in the area! I am so happy that you were able to enjoy an upgrade during your last visit - we love when we are able to treat our guests to a nice surprise!
I look forward to your next visit - please let me know when that will be!
Warm regards,

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We chose the Homewood suites for our mini vacation to the Hudson valley because the rooms are large, comfortable suites that feel like small apartments. The hotel provides a free hot breakfast that is a definite step up from the cold buffets at other properties.

The fitness facility is clean, with new equipment. Lovely outdoor area and a small indoor pool.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank trixnewjersey

Dear Trixnewjersey,

We are so happy to hear that you will come back again and that you enjoyed your stay at our Homewood Suites! Try to visit again later in the fall as you will catch some truly spectacular views in the Hudson Valley! Feel free to e-mail me direct so I can confirm your reservation and share some really terrific things to do that you may have missed on your last stay.
I appreciate your very positive comments and would be delighted to welcome you back!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We've spent three nights here and have really enjoyed it. The accommodation has been very good. The staff have been very friendly. Complementary food and drink has generally been ok. What has made it special for us has been the other guests. The hotel is used by contractors working in the area who have been very friendly and we have had very enjoyable evenings sitting and chatting.If we revisit Orange or Dutchess County we will certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris C
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear Chris C,

Thank you for the kind words about our guests and associates. Though we cannot take credit for our guests being friendly to one another, it is wonderful and rather unique how our hotel seems to have a way of enabling guests to develop warm, relaxing interactions with one another. We have some plans to upgrade outdoor seating for next season that will be even more inviting, hopefully you will return to an even better experience.
Now to the ‘food & drink’, within reason, how could we make it better? What would you like to see different, understanding that we do have limitations in what we can offer; we would love to hear how we could make it better? Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stayed here with family on two separate occasions in July 2012. Son was attending theatre camp in the Catskills. We had also stayed here in 2011. We choose this property because we are able to get a very spacious two bedroom, two bath suite. Last year we were awakened in the early morning hours by a loud party in an adjacent room. We had to call the front desk and ask them to quiet the party, which they did. I was very please to find a change in policy this year that no longer allows parties in the rooms. This year's experiences were very peaceful and relaxing. The staff is very helpful, providing a list of recommended restaurants nearby. As with all Homewood Suites, our suite had a full size refrigerator, microwave, and stove. Breakfast was provided each day. Options included an egg dish, bacon or sausage, fresh oatmeal, waffles, fresh fruit, and an assortment of cereals.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindy P

Dear CindyP,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. Although we have never allowed parties in our suites we have certainly become more proactive in our approach to these situations and we have also become more creative in offering other options to guests who want to host gatherings. We understand that we are many times the central meeting point for reuniting friends & family so we try to encourage those gatherings without disturbing other guests. Thank you for noticing!
So often we implement programs and procedures that we have no way of measuring and wonder if we really made things better, nice to know we have done well with the party procedure. This review will be shared with all of my associates at the property so that I can show how valuable good procedures are to our guests. Hopefully next year you will have occasion to stay with us again at which time I hope to meet you.

Warmly,

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My husband and I recently spent nearly three week here waiting on our first great grand baby. From our first contact to make reservations, throughout our stay, and up until our goodbyes, we were treated like family. It's an extremely comfortable hotel and beautifully maintained. Just down the street from Stewart Airport (very quiet though) so very convenient if you're going to the Hudson Vally area. Our suite was just what we asked for and perfect for an extended stay -- two rooms, two TV's, desk, kitchen, etc. When we had to extend our trip ( the baby was late) they went above and beyond to accommodate us even though it was a very busy time for them. The food was really good and we especially enjoyed the bountiful breakfasts and cook out night. In short it was a great stay at a beautiful hotel. BUT -- the best part was the friendly and helpful staff who waited with us and celebrated with us the arrival of the newest leaf on our family tree. We shall always remember that kindness.Hope I get to go back soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AuntNeat
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Dear AuntNeat,

What a wonderful story to tell for years to come! Although I won’t divulge who I think you are…it is safe to say that the staff grew really attached to you and your husband during your stay. Thank you for allowing us to share in your joy! To think that we will be a small part of one of the most magical of times in a guest's life is truly an honor. This property has seen the birth of no less than 4 new babies now between associates and guests this year, all wonderfully happy and healthy events. Your family tree is growing in good soil! Please seek me out when you come to visit the baby in the future and don't forget to bring pictures.

Warmly,

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I loved everything about our stay. Quiet, clean, friendly accomadating staff, great breakast, nice patio, very affordable. I was very impressed. It seemed like just another day for these folks but they really were quite charming.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tbgmike
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Dear Tbgmike,

Thank you for your very positive review! I especially loved the way you perceived our staff..."really quite charming". They are! And because they are so genuine this was just a typical day. I am so happy that you felt the sincerity that this team exudes and I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Not sure if all Homewood's do this but I discovered this hotel has a free manager's reception M-F that includes real food, not just finger food. Tuesday is outdoor BBQ including burgers, dogs, chicken, salad, watermelon open beer tap and wines. The free breakfast was also superior to most others in the foods available and their quality. The rooms were huge and very well kept. It's right by the airport but I didn't notice any noise as one might expect.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KCandJP
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear KC and JP,

So glad that you enjoyed the manager’s reception, we take so much pride in this event where you will usually see any number of the hotel managers flipping burgers on the Tuesday nights that you mentioned. We really do enjoy the reception! More than any other part of being a Homewood, I think the evening reception is helps connect us with our guests on a very personal and comfortable level. Seeing that you post from Long Island, next time you are up maybe you would have time to check out our local wineries. It is a great experience that we like to think rivals Long Islands’ incredible East End wine industry.

Thanks again and safe travels,

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Windsor
The Thayer Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Point
HYATT house Fishkill/Poughkeepsie
Four Points by Sheraton Newburgh Stewart Airport

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport? Share your experiences!