“Very comfortable”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in New Windsor
Campinas, SP
“Very comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel during a shopping trip to Woodbury (convenient drive) and to visit the Wallkill Watchtower Branch (not too far away). It was really clean and everything seemed brand new in the room. I used the kitchen during my stay and the only things missing were soap for the dishwasher and wine glasses which were both provided in less than five minutes by the staff when asked by phone. Not a very good breakfast though.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Long Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

I have stayed at this Homewood Suites six times over the last year and a half. I am a HHonors Diamond member, always trying to find a Homewood when I can. I have stayed at about ten different Homewoods. This place is great! Every time I stayed here, I have not been disappointed. The best Homewood I have been to. Spotless and clean. Front desk was always pleasant, even the maintenance guys say hello when they pass you in the hallway. The breakfast/managers reception staff was always smiling while making sure the food was never running out. There was an excellent selection of food, better than other Homewoods. Manager by the name of Patty talked to all of the guests eating at the tables, always asking ifwe needed anything. It doesn't get any better than this!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel and would come back in a minute! We were a group of 6 adults, 7 children in 3 rooms.

The hotel was CLEAN, bright and felt brand new. The lobby with the "see through" fireplace was beautiful. The pool was great for the little ones. There is an exercise room, and a putting green. The lobby was welcoming and comfortable. We were able to sit in the lobby and catch up with our other

They offer a full breakfast included. Make your own waffles, eggs, cereal, toast, etc.

I have to GUSH at how outstanding the manager on duty was. She checked us in and made sure our request to have two rooms near each other was accommodated. We were right off the lobby, however we didn't hear any noise. We were meeting another family for a reunion and she stopped to make sure we were having a good evening and asked us in the morning if our "girl's night" was good.

The next morning at breakfast we asked if they had some egg whites in the back for my husband who has dietary restrictions. They did not, but she remembered we would be there another night and promised they would have them for us the next morning. Sunday morning not only did they have the egg whites for him, but they prepared an egg white omelet for him with veggies just the way he likes it!

We felt like our business was important to the hotel, which is such a rarity these days. Thank you to the entire staff, we will definitely be returning again!

Room Tip: Queen rooms do not connect.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Yaphank, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

We try to find Homewood whenever we travel, having stayed at several we have never been disappointed.

Our stay started wonderfully as we were passing the hotel on our way to an appointment and were checked in, with a smile, several hours before the normal 3 PM. It was nice to get the luggage out of the car and relax for a few minutes before heading back out.

We find their rooms to be a great size for a few days stay. We chose a King Suite with seperate bed room. We like the sitting area and the kitchen will cover all your basic needs. The full size fridge is a bonus and our left over pizza box slide right in. A few bottles of soda and water eliminate trips to the machines. The room was spotless, our only problem was a tv remote that didn't work and was replaced within minutes of asking the desk.

Its the little things that make this place our choice. EVERY employee we passed greeted us. The serve a pretty standard 'free' breakfast buffet (waffles, eggs, cereal and danish, very good coffee for a hotel). The second day of our stay we got downstairs a little late and they had put away the morning meal, but one of the girls went into the kitchen and got our daughter 2 boxes of cereal. I also saw them make a special order of eggs one morning.

The Value seems excellent, we had paid significantly more for a standard hotel room on a past trip.

Because of the staff and the extra steps they take we already booked our next trip to the area at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Snowmass, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

Our non-smoking room smelled faintly of smoke when we arrived at 10PM....but by 4am it was so thick with smoke that it woke me up with burning eyes, nose and throat. I had to open both room windows to make it bearable. If my husband and son weren't still sleeping I would've vacated the room immediately. At 7am it was still nauseating so I went to the front desk to complain. All I got was an appology and a lame excuse that maybe there was a heavy smoker in one of the rooms down the hall. The desk clerk confirmed that our room was a non-smoking room and neither of the rooms on either side of us were smoking rooms....so how our room was full of smoke could not be explained. He said he'd have the service staff look into it when we checked out. Seriously?! How does that benefit us? I told him we would not stay at Homewood suites again and he simply shrugged and appologized. If this is how they honor their 100% satisfaction guarantee its appaling. Offering a guarantee is a complete marketing scam if you fail to honor it when there is a complaint.

• Stayed September 2011
4 Thank signastrom
KathyRusso, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear "Signastrom"
We are so sorry to hear about your experience at our Homewood Suites, where we pride ourselves in upholding Hilton's 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and believe that our stellar online reviews and outstanding ranking in the Hilton Homewood system are a testament to that focus. Unfortunately when smoking suites are sold out, some smoking guests elect to smoke in ‘non smoking’ suites which can create an overwhelming smoke smell to anyone nearby. In trying to make all of our guests happy, Hilton still offers smoking suites at the Homewood Suites brand of hotels. As the property manager I want to assure you that we have done our best to isolate them through ventilation modifications, ozone equipment, deep cleaning, etc. It is very likely that based upon your experience, and the intensity of the odor, that a guest smoked in an adjacent suite that was not equipped to handle smoking the way our designated suites will. I am truly sorry and ask that you contact me directly at 845-567-2700 or e-mail me at Kathy.Russo@ hilton.com so that I might make a follow up effort in satisfying you,
Warmly,
Kathy Russo
Newburgh, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

I am actually still staying here, and I am so in love with this hotel!

Lets start with a list of accommodations; newspaper outside your door every morning, free dinner (including wine and beer) and breakfast, flat screen HD TV, desk, a table to eat at, large bathroom, spacious closet, a kitchen including stove top, microwave, dishwasher, full size fridge, sink, a full set of cooking utensils, eating utensils, pots and pans, dishes, and glasses. There is even a note on the fridge that says (paraphrasing) "Please write down your grocery list, leave it at the front desk, and the groceries will be in your room by the time you get back this afternoon." Holy cow...a hotel that does your grocery shopping? That is an extra 30 minutes (or an hour and a half as it is toting two children like myself) you could spend shopping, visiting the local attractions, or anything else!

The room is very spacious, which was important to me as myself, my husband and two children are staying here until our more permanent housing is available. I haven't slept on the pull out couch, as my daughter is, which I heard is somewhat uncomfortable. The bed is extremely comfortable, and the pillows are a perfect balance of firmness and softness, which is important to me because I have chronic back and neck pain.

There is ample parking for all guests as well.

The front desk staff is very hospitable, friendly, and respectful. The hotel manager, Dominic, is very sweet, funny and would really go out of his way to make his guests more comfortable. I spoke with the front desk about a few guests who were having an inappropriate and loud conversation near the lobby, and Dominic was personally investigating within the minute. I even got a call less than 5 minutes later to let me know that they had handled the situation. They treat every guest like they are the most important guest in the hotel.

The only thing that I have found that some people would find irritating is that I hear the upstairs "neighbors" walking around clearly. They never stayed up too late, and I'm up before dawn, so it never really bothered me, but it might bother others.

This is by far the best hotel I've ever stayed in. We just finished a cross country drive, so we've stayed in all types of hotels, across the country, so I can say this with certainty; this is the best hotel, for a more than reasonable price, you can stay in.

If you have any qualms with military, however, don't stay here. Yes, there are some out there that do not like military. The Air National Guard Reservists, Army Reservists, USMC Reservist, and Active Duty military of all branches stay here quite frequently.

Room Tip: If you are military, you will receive a generous discount.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank USMCMomma22
Northeast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

Nice hotel with good included breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is better than dinner, but dinner is OK if you don't have time to go to an outside restaurant. Very secure and quiet and convenient to the local airport and major highways. Lots of shops and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
Hampton Inn Harriman Woodbury
#1 of 2 in Central Valley
Quality Inn & Suites Fishkill

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport? Share your experiences!