“Going down hill”

Dining options: Reservations
Broomall
“Going down hill”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This used to be a great stop while staying at the Days Inn up the hill. Today, it's a shadow of itself. First of all, the hostess (I think one of the owners) doubles as the bartender. Did you ever hear of that?? Try getting a drink when it gets a little busy with guests coming in. Every beer (same brand) you order comes in a different glass. Come on! Hire a full time bartender. Secondly, both the exterior and interior are tired and worn out. Needs a facelift for sure. The food is adequate. We stop only because of its location to our hotel.

• Visited September 2013

New York
“Overcooked Steak and weird smell in dining room..”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was the first time I ever been here. I wanted a medium steak and it came out well, tough and like chewing dust. I refused to send it back, but my boss even thought it was ridiculous. There is a funny smell in the dining room. I can't place the smell to describe it, but the best I can say is OLD smelling. I would not return. Maybe it was a bad night..I cannot weigh in on that as this is the first visit for me and probably the last.

• Visited July 2013
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Not the same owner, but not bad”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We'd gone here for maybe 20 years when it was Banta's. Now it's changed ownership. It's gotten a little pricey but the steaks are still excellent. They come rare when I order rare, so that's good. I haven't ordered anything but club steak in a long time, but my husband gets a smothered chicken breast that he says is very good. My only complaint has been that they don't serve smaller sized steaks. However, the waitress this last time was able to get me one from the early bird special menu even though it was 7PM. The atmosphere was still good - early American - but very quiet the last time we went.

• Visited August 2013
Newburgh, New York, United States
“not bad”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Nice menu choices. I still wish it was owned by the same owners. They carry many original menu items from previous owners before remodel but dishes don't taste quite the same. Stuffed Shrimp and shrimp scampi are too buttery.

Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

The steaks are the best in the area ! I also do like the Early American decor. I had my baby shower there and We were all very happy with the outcome.
Very accommodating!