“Alittle Better than Taco Bell”
Review of Chapala Grill

Chapala Grill
Ranked #9 of 63 Restaurants in New Windsor
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2012

For someone use to fairly good Mexican dinning as served in San Antonio, Texas, I was disappointed. I expected good tasting, hot and spicy Mexican food. This was blah ...

The service was good and friendly, and reasonably priced perhaps a family restaurant. However, the margarita's were flat and tasteless and food very dull. Only the taco was acceptable- the enchiladas and tamales were tasteless, and the tamales looked like it came from can, and the enchiladas were the thinnest I've ever seen. Refried beans were watery.

The menu list many items but my family was too disappointed to try anything more...

1  Thank Charles U

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I've been to all the upscale, so-called unbeatable Mexican places in & around the tri-state area, including NYC. Chapala Grill is in a league all its own.

The food- impeccable. The service, friendly, warm, family-owned - they make you feel welcome & love to make sure you are having a great experience.

I cannot say enough about the food! Try the Fundido appetizer (spanish sausage (chorizo) smothered in cheese, served with warm flour tortillas). Try the guacamole - unbelievable. Try the Tacos Al Pastor for a main entree. Marinated tender steak with a sauce that I cannot describe but it could just be all the juices from the peppers & onions inside of the flour tortillas that house the peppers, onions & steak. It is unreal. I get it EVERY time. My fiance gets the Texas Burrito, which is huge. The look on his face each time he bites into it is priceless. They top your meal off at the end with a free shot of Liquor 43 (delish, although I prefer to sip it, not shoot it).

Kind of looks like a hole in the wall - but just go for it. You will NOT be disappointed. I was dragged there by a friend, thought I would hate it based on judging from decor/outside appearance. I was SO pleasantly surprised upon eating the food!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Last minute decision to eat out and this was a great choice! They were very attentive to our sons needs, being sure he was fed and had something to do so we could enjoy our meals. Service was great, we had about 3 people checking in and helping us which seemed like the way they run the show there. Food was very, very good and sangria was wonderful!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

This place does not look like much from the outside. When I stepped inside I was surprised that it was larger than it looks from the outside. It's also bright and really clean. The service is wonderful, the staff is very attentive and the food is great. They have a really nice looking patio that I would have loved to sit on if the weather were better. When the bill came, we were surprised how inexpensive everything was. We will be going back.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My wife and i have been going to Chapala Grill since it opened. The food is great, as are the cocktails. My wife absolutely loves their frozen margarita's.
The owners are super nice people who truly care about their restaurant and their customers.