“Remarkably Good Indian / Thai w Big Menu”
Review of Citrus Restaurant

Citrus Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in New Windsor
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Just steps from New Windsor’s famous five corners, Citrus offers the authentic blends of Indian home cooking and bona fide Thai cuisine in a warmly adorned restaurant. Named after common ingredients found in both Indian and Thai cuisine, Citrus is one of New York’s top Indian and Thai dining destinations. Citrus shares their passion for traditional and regionally-inspired cuisine prepared from fresh ground spices and ingredients to create a menu featuring signature dishes ranging from Citrus Calamari to Mango cheesecake. At Citrus, we invite you to take a culinary journey throughout India and Thailand, to savor and discover new dishes with good company.
Summerfield, North Carolina
“Remarkably Good Indian / Thai w Big Menu”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We went w family - a party of 9. Three of us were cajoled into trying an Indian or Thai restaurant. We ordered samosas, fried cauliflower, scallops, and calamari for appetizers and some Thai soups, Tom Yam & Tom Kha. We passed around the plates so everyone could sample the goodies. Did the same w the entrees. Some like it hot, some not, but everyone loved the flavors. I had the lamb vindaloo. The meat was tender and the spices ...tangy just as I like it.
It was a Friday night and the place was packed. I was happy they were able to accommodate us but we did have reservations. The service was friendly and staff took time to explain the dishes to us. Oh! Don't miss out on the garlic Nan! What a good way to soak up all the sauce. This was our second time there and has become one of our favorite stops when in the area.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank GTZNY

Newburgh, New York
“Delicious Indian/Thai food”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

If you love Indian/Thai food then this is the place. Tasty food always fresh and quick turn over. They offer an all you can eat buffet for 9.99 Monday- Friday and on the weekends a larger buffet for $14 so worth the trip. This place isn't fancy but it makes up in tasty food. Give it a try if ever in the area.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Aly J
“Best place in New Windsor”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Citrus is the deal! The lunch buffet is awesome. There is a big selection of Indian & Thai foods as well as several curries and even dessert. They serve fresh naan too! The service is great as well. The servers are like ninjas! You never really see them but your drink never goes empty and the buffet is always well stocked.
Love this place.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank katiesuzanne66
New York
“One of the best Indian restaurants in the Hudson Valley”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I've been to Citrus a number of times and have always had a pleasant experience. I have tried the lunch buffet once and it had a good variety of Indian and Thai dishes that were tasty and fresh. However, on almost every other occasion I have had the exact same dishes for my lunch or dinner. I start with a bowl of their excellent Mulligatawny soup which is rich and just slightly spicy. For my entree I get the navaratan korma with basmati rice, and an order of Peshwari naan. The korma sauce is rich and creamy with a variety of sauteed vegetables. It is delicious! Perfectly baked and filed with a mix of warm cottage cheese, nuts and raisins. I never get tired of this meal. The restaurant is comfortable and generally quiet, and the service is excellent. I highly recommended Citrus for quality Indian ( and Thai ) food.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank JohnGarbar
Almaty, Kazakhstan
“Nice Thai Experience”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I was in New Windsor on business and found some positive reviews on this Thai and Indian restaurant. Went there for dinner and was not disappointed. The quality of food is excellent, the service was also good and attentive. The prices are quite reasonable. My portion if scallops with rise was good enough to be the only course. However, the tom yam soup was also pretty good.

2 Thank Mikhail B