“One of the best in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Citrus Restaurant

Citrus Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 62 Restaurants in New Windsor
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Just steps from New Windsor’s famous five corners, Citrus offers the authentic blends of Indian home cooking and bona fide Thai cuisine in a warmly adorned restaurant. Named after common ingredients found in both Indian and Thai cuisine, Citrus is one of New York’s top Indian and Thai dining destinations. Citrus shares their passion for traditional and regionally-inspired cuisine prepared from fresh ground spices and ingredients to create a menu featuring signature dishes ranging from Citrus Calamari to Mango cheesecake. At Citrus, we invite you to take a culinary journey throughout India and Thailand, to savor and discover new dishes with good company.
Cornwall, New York
“One of the best in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had the best dinner we've had in a long time at Citrus. The staff was so friendly and attentive. Their suggestions were great and our glasses were never empty. The food was amazing. It was very clean. So clean that you really notice. Since we went on a weeknight, we did not get to check out the buffet, but the menu was extensive. My husband ordered something from the Thai menu and I ordered something from the Indian side. Both entrees were delicious, hot, and fresh. When the bill came, were pleasantly surprised again. I'm sure we will be back many times. If you are anywhere near 5 corners, it's worth stopping in.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank khalv92

San Diego, California
“Nice buffet but tons of options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you live in the Hudson Valley and are craving for India food, then this would be on the top of my list.

Their weekend buffet fare is nothing short of extensive. They may not have a ton of entrees, but they do have a wide variety of desserts, which are all excellent.

Food is good, which some decent vegetarian options (I cannot comment on the non-veg options since I am a vegetarian) that taste quite good.

I love their lotus shoot in coconut milk (or something like that).....it tastes amazing and I find myself going to Citrus just to taste that.

Their weekday buffet is not nearly as impressive as their weekend buffet, which is a bit expensive, but I think worth the money.

I have also gone there for dinner once and remember the food being delicious.

I would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Psychoanalyst
“THE best Indian food you will ever eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

If I could afford to eat out every night this would be the only place I would go to. If I were stranded on an island and I could order take out this would be the place I would order from. If I were given one last meal before death this would be the place I would want my meal from. I cannot say enough how consistently outstanding the food is. We are lucky that we are only 10 min. away. But if we lived farther, the drive would be so worth it

4 Thank Mom22greatboys
Grafenwoehr
“Great flavors, buffet, and service with a smile”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

LOVE the buffet ; mostly Indian but Thai food is also on point; great value on buffet; busy but not crowded; friendly, family-like service! Makes you want to visit India!

2 Thank chachycpt
“Stay away”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Billed as Indian and Thai food/fusion, it's over 99% Indian with little Thai fare. The Indian food is average, at best. The service is atrocious. We waited forever for food to arrive. There are far better places to eat.