“Love this place!”

Little Mexican Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Mexican Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 191 Restaurants in New Rochelle
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Little Mexican Cafe has been a New Rochelle destination for aficionados of gourmet Mexican cuisine since 1990.The cheerful dining room is a great setting for simple business lunches or a great evening dining experience. There is a full bar offering domestic, imported and Mexican beer, wine and our signature margarita, all to compliment the cafe’s authentic Mexican cuisine.House specialties include Charro, pork Mexican sausage and seasoned beef with guacamole, rice and beans, and Carne a la Brasa, skirt steak marinated in chipotle and lime served with rice, beans and guacamole. Our Tacos al Pastor was acclaimed in the NY Times as well as a wide assortment of savory enchiladas, sizzling fajitas and other Mexican favorites. We also have a large selection of seafood dishes, including ceviche and oysters.Little Mexican Cafe is the perfect place for hosting special occasions. Accommodations for private parties up to fifty people are available. We also offer take out and free local delivery.
Yonkers, New York
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The food is great, everything is fresh, service is wonderful, atmosphere is beautiful and drinks are out of this world. I will be going back for more! Two thumbs up!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank cbranc
Ed A, Owner at Little Mexican Cafe, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Your review is two thumbs up -- thanks for sharing your kind words! We'll see you soon for more drinks and Mexican favorites!

Cheers,

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and drinks, sabotaged by awful service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

As a steady customer of Little Mexican Café, it is with great regret that I post this review; however, I feel that enough is enough, and it has to be done. Last night yet one more delicious meal was nearly ruined by the inexcusably inattentive service of the waiter whose name appears on the bill as "Tito." This is neither the first, nor the second time that this waiter goes "missing in action," only to leave us sitting there, simmering in frustration. Last summer my in-laws came to visit from Florida. We went straight from the airport to LMC, as it was lunchtime and we were all hungry. At that hour of the afternoon, the restaurant was literally EMPTY. Tito took our order, the food was served, and then . . . . wait, and wait, and wait. "Where IS he?" We finally had to appeal to the busboy to bring the bill, as Tito appeared to be nowhere in sight. We spotted him as we were leaving the restaurant: there he was, seated at a table, in casual conversation with a young lady. We had been TOTALLY ABANDONED, IGNORED AND FORGOTTEN. On another occasion, my wife and I had to ask the busgirl to take over, as Tito seemed to be having yet another attack of amnesia. Last night, my wife and I sat there waiting, waiting, waiting for our dinner. This time, however, Tito was in sight: there he was, out on the sidewalk, talking on the cellphone. The rest of the staff seem to be totally aware of his tendency to abandon customers, and why LMC allows itself to be sabotaged in this manner by an incompetent waiter is totally beyond us!! It's truly a shame, because the food, the drinks, and the pico de gallo ("salsa" to English-speaking customers) are all first-rate. So here's my word of warning: make sure before you are seated to specify that you DO NOT wish to be served by Tito! His cavalier service notwithstanding, it's still a terrific place to eat.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Robert R
Ed A, Owner at Little Mexican Cafe, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
I sincerely apologize about this, Robert. While I'm glad that you always enjoy your meal, it's disappointing that inattentive and inefficient service spoil your visits. What you describe is completely unacceptable -- I appreciate you mentioning this, as this will certainly not go unheard. I will be sure to check in about this right away. The last thing we want is our guests to leave unsatisfied, so I'm sorry we missed the opportunity to improve your experience before you left. Again, thank you for sharing this feedback.

New Rochelle, Ny
“The Best Mexican Food Anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Been a customer here for years and the food is always consistently excellent, prepared well and served by a friendly face. Tito and Edwin keep this place on top of their game. Always a nice experience with a great price and a great meal. Best Mexican food I have ever had.

• Visited January 2014
Ed A, Owner at Little Mexican Cafe, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thanks for sharing your review! It's great to hear from such a long time guest like yourself. You know you always have a table at our place! We'll see you soon.

Edwin, Owner
New Rochelle, New York
“Authentic Mexican at a Good Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I've been going to the Little Mexican Cafe for about 7 or 8 years. The food is always tasty, the prices are better than fair and the service is always polite and timely. I recommend you try the guacamole (made on the spot), the fajitas and the steak tacos. It's all very good.

• Visited October 2013
Ed A, Owner at Little Mexican Cafe, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Mike, it's so nice to hear from such a long time guest like yourself! I'm glad you enjoy our dishes and service. Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. I hope to see you back in for another round of fresh guacamole soon!

“Great Steak Tacos!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

They were delicious, had a nice, clean flavor to everything. The food was prepared quickly as I was picking it up.

Visited December 2013
Ed A, Owner at Little Mexican Cafe, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thalet, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your meal from us! We want to get those to-go orders out to you quickly so you can get home to chow down. Thanks for stopping in — I hope to welcome you back again soon.

All the best,