Radisson Hotel New Rochelle
Residence Inn New Rochelle(New Rochelle)
$179
$120
RodewayInn
$168
$152
All reviewsfront deskbanquet staffoffice buildingwedding receptionsleep number bedwedding venuenew yorkon site restaurantwedding gueststrain stationbusiness centerbusiness tripoutdoor poolnomaeventballroomdirector
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This is a great facility that is self-contained. The management is professional and the desk clerks are very kind and accommodating. This is structured to be a high class hotel. Amenities are first class. I stayed in a king suite which had the. "Extras" that puts them a notch above the average hotel. I will say however, the room I stayed in was obviously at the end of the depreciation cycle. Carpet stained and very worn. A very small fridge which was on the floor in the corner of the closet. The room did not have a micro wave. Overall a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Larry E
Radisson_AGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Larry,
Thank you very much for taking the time to let others know about your experience with us. We are proud that you recognized our staff's commitment to delivering top quality service.

I am sorry to hear that the room you stayed in was starting to show wear, and wanted to let you know that we are in the midst of a complete building renovation that started with our "Radisson Worldwide Renovation of the Year Award winning" lobby and restaurant areas. 2014 will continue to bring more decor updates in the hallways and guest rooms, as well as a "Going Green" energy project that will help us do our part in protecting the environment.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Enjoyed our couple of nights stay at the ever improving Radisson, new décor and room size are great, comfy beds, and friendly, dependable desk service. It is a nice value for the area and convenient to train, good parking, etc. Many reviewers esp on other sites have food and noise issues. Can't really vouch for having a wedding at any chain hotel and counting on the food, but I get the noise issues. Reality is, it's an event hotel, not a romantic getaway. Often groups from parties, weddings and conferences stay there. They stay up later than most. Forget the typically cranky Yelp reviewers and stick with TripAdv.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PMTR3
Radisson_AGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and took advantage of our very convenient location. Earlier reviews speak to the superb quality of food served in our banquets department (as does the New York Times review of our restaurant "NoMa Social"). We can't wait to have you back with us whenever your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I had to make a last minute stay at this hotel. All I can say is hats off to the staff. The check-in was smooth and very friendly. Janice in the bar area made a great dinner recommendation and was very attentive and the room was spotless. My only knock was the bed. It was a select comfort bed which was a fun surprise but unfortunately it wasn't working. That said, I will absolutely stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Tom M
Radisson_AGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Tom,
I want to thank you for your favorable words about our staff and you time spent with us. We feel that our staff is what sets us apart from our competition, and comments like yours let us know we are on the right track. I am very sorry that the Sleep Number bed option did not work for you. As you can see in the previous review, some people absolutely love them, and some would prefer a standard mattress. We do offer both options and would be glad to add a preference for our Simmons Pillowtop mattress to your profile. Simply request one of our standard mattresses when booking you next reservation so we can make you even more comfortable with us in the future.

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at The Radisson hotel New Rochelle, NY in early November 2013 for business purposes. The staff was very pleasant and the decor was inviting. It looked as though it had recently undergone renovations and was in the process of wrapping things up. The best part about my hotel stay had to be the king sized Sleep Numer bed in my room. It was so comfortable! I also ordered room service while there. The service was prompt but the order taker failed to inform me that fries came with the meal I ordered so I ended up with two large heaping mounds of fries not to mention the heaping charge that went along with the unnecessary second order. As for location, great. Was able to walk to several surrounding venues. Overall, my experience was a good one, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Frannie,
Thank you for taking the time to review the experience of your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and took advantage of our very convenient location. I would like to apologize for the miscommunication that resulted in your extra french fries, and hope you were satisfied with the quality of your meal with us. We can't wait to have you back with us whenever your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This hotel was very nice, and I enjoyed staying. I went there for a party and was quite impressed with the rooms. The staff was nice, but there was one negative that really through me off. The banquet staff did not seem to care about the hotel at all. I wondered if they were outsourced or from a temp agency. Working in hospitality myself, I know that banquet staff is often found through a temp agency. I went to the restroom during the party and there was paper towels and garbage all over the floor and counter. There was a banquet server in the restroom and after she finished her business she washed her hands and left. I thought maybe she was calling housekeeping to come clean it up. An hour later, I went back to the restroom and the same trash was still there. A hotel needs to be a family, with all departments working together and each person caring about the hotel as a whole, not just their one department.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Radisson_AGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the experience you had with us. Firstly, I would like to say that I agree with you 110%. All employees need to be mindful of the overall guest experience and work "as one" to provide seamless and high-quality service in all areas of the hotel.

Our banquet staff is not from a temp agency, but we do have a few new members at the moment who are still in the process of training. THIS IS NO EXCUSE, and I can assure you that I will be addressing this issue immediately to make sure something similar does not happen in the future.

I apologize that your experience with us was anything less than amazing, and hope we have the chance to exceed your expectations in the future.