“Great stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Rochelle
New York City, New York
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Enjoyed our couple of nights stay at the ever improving Radisson, new décor and room size are great, comfy beds, and friendly, dependable desk service. It is a nice value for the area and convenient to train, good parking, etc. Many reviewers esp on other sites have food and noise issues. Can't really vouch for having a wedding at any chain hotel and counting on the food, but I get the noise issues. Reality is, it's an event hotel, not a romantic getaway. Often groups from parties, weddings and conferences stay there. They stay up later than most. Forget the typically cranky Yelp reviewers and stick with TripAdv.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PMTR3
Radisson_AGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and took advantage of our very convenient location. Earlier reviews speak to the superb quality of food served in our banquets department (as does the New York Times review of our restaurant "NoMa Social"). We can't wait to have you back with us whenever your travels bring you to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Northport, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I had to make a last minute stay at this hotel. All I can say is hats off to the staff. The check-in was smooth and very friendly. Janice in the bar area made a great dinner recommendation and was very attentive and the room was spotless. My only knock was the bed. It was a select comfort bed which was a fun surprise but unfortunately it wasn't working. That said, I will absolutely stay again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tom M
Radisson_AGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Tom,
I want to thank you for your favorable words about our staff and you time spent with us. We feel that our staff is what sets us apart from our competition, and comments like yours let us know we are on the right track. I am very sorry that the Sleep Number bed option did not work for you. As you can see in the previous review, some people absolutely love them, and some would prefer a standard mattress. We do offer both options and would be glad to add a preference for our Simmons Pillowtop mattress to your profile. Simply request one of our standard mattresses when booking you next reservation so we can make you even more comfortable with us in the future.
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at The Radisson hotel New Rochelle, NY in early November 2013 for business purposes. The staff was very pleasant and the decor was inviting. It looked as though it had recently undergone renovations and was in the process of wrapping things up. The best part about my hotel stay had to be the king sized Sleep Numer bed in my room. It was so comfortable! I also ordered room service while there. The service was prompt but the order taker failed to inform me that fries came with the meal I ordered so I ended up with two large heaping mounds of fries not to mention the heaping charge that went along with the unnecessary second order. As for location, great. Was able to walk to several surrounding venues. Overall, my experience was a good one, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013
Frannie,
Thank you for taking the time to review the experience of your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and took advantage of our very convenient location. I would like to apologize for the miscommunication that resulted in your extra french fries, and hope you were satisfied with the quality of your meal with us. We can't wait to have you back with us whenever your travels bring you back to our area.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

This hotel was very nice, and I enjoyed staying. I went there for a party and was quite impressed with the rooms. The staff was nice, but there was one negative that really through me off. The banquet staff did not seem to care about the hotel at all. I wondered if they were outsourced or from a temp agency. Working in hospitality myself, I know that banquet staff is often found through a temp agency. I went to the restroom during the party and there was paper towels and garbage all over the floor and counter. There was a banquet server in the restroom and after she finished her business she washed her hands and left. I thought maybe she was calling housekeeping to come clean it up. An hour later, I went back to the restroom and the same trash was still there. A hotel needs to be a family, with all departments working together and each person caring about the hotel as a whole, not just their one department.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Radisson_AGM, Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the experience you had with us. Firstly, I would like to say that I agree with you 110%. All employees need to be mindful of the overall guest experience and work "as one" to provide seamless and high-quality service in all areas of the hotel.

Our banquet staff is not from a temp agency, but we do have a few new members at the moment who are still in the process of training. THIS IS NO EXCUSE, and I can assure you that I will be addressing this issue immediately to make sure something similar does not happen in the future.

I apologize that your experience with us was anything less than amazing, and hope we have the chance to exceed your expectations in the future.
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

My business hosted a two day conference at the Radisson New Rochelle. I have been working in New York for many years and this is the best experience we have ever had! We have already booked another event for 2014. I highly recommend for hosting meetings as well as business travelers.

Malachi Pancoast
President
The Breakthrough Coach

1 Thank Katie R
Radisson_AGM, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share some kind words about your experience with our hotel. We very much enjoyed having your group with us and look forward to having you back again next year. Our entire staff is dedicated to giving the type of experience you mentioned, and it is reviews like yours that stand as a reminder that their dedication is noticed. So, I would like to thank you for choosing The Radisson New Rochelle and providing us with such an outstanding review.
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel was selected for me. Were I to go again, I would select it for myself. The room was comfortable. Comes with sleep-number mattress which I did not adjust.
Small fridge in the room was convenient as was the single cup coffee maker. Shower excellent.
Restaurant and lounge in house means there is no need to leave the property.
Staff very friendly and helpful

1 Thank roadrun50
Radisson_AGM, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share some words about your experience at our hotel. We aim to win over and make repeat guests out of everyone who stays with us, and I am very glad that we were able to make a lasting impression on your first stay. We can't wait to see you again soon, whether for more business or a pleasure trip to NYC.
New Rochelle, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Job Well Done! Thank you Radisson Hotel & Christine Zipparo, Banquet Director for helping me with the ask of a Meet & Greet event for or New President. It was a great success all was impressed with space, deserts and service. After meeting we journey up too "NoMa Lounged" which was very impressive as well. Real nice atmosphere only one suggestion would have nice to have something to nosh at the lounge other than that service was real nice. I do want to specially thank Christine Zipparo for her friendly accommodating professional attitude it was just a pleasure. We look forward to have other events in our near future.

Roberta,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your positive experience with us. We are glad that we were able to provide a good atmosphere for your "post-meeting" gathering. We hope to be able to serve you and your group again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Rochelle
Royal Regency Hotel
Royal Regency Hotel
#5 of 6 in Yonkers
Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown

Been to Radisson Hotel New Rochelle? Share your experiences!