“Love the rooms!”

Radisson Hotel New Rochelle
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Rochelle
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

The lobby, restaurant, and lounge are a little dated as far as decor but the rooms are excellent!
These are truly non-smoking rooms not just sanitized formerly smoking rooms.
We loved the setup for the room, closet and bathroom.
We stayed 3 nights to attend a nearby wedding and we were happy with the rooms.
The only real problem was that one of two elevators was out of order. All of the guests, staff and maintenance were using the same elevator so there was always a delay.

• Stayed: September 2013
Radisson_AGM, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you so much for your very kind words about our rooms. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your long weekend with us. However, I am surprised to see your comments about our lobby and restaurant areas. We have won "Radisson Renovation of the Year" honors the last two years consecutively for those areas and they are basically floor to ceiling brand new spaces.

I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience that occurred by one of our elevators being down. We were able to get it back up and running in just a couple of hours, but with the traffic of a wedding weekend I know how that can seem like a very long time.

We hope to have you stay with us again soon, and wish you happy travels wherever they may take you.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

When I first began planning my wedding I was referred by a friend to the establishment. All my interactions was via phone and email. In July 28,2013 I had the priveledge to meet Christine, Debra and Tegan, WOW what a great trio. They treated me as if I was the only person that mattered. Being in the catering business as well, I know how important costumer service means to clients. They more than surpassed my expectations. Great women to work with is an understatement. I highly recommend them for your future events be it a wedding or family reunion they are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Radisson_AGM, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about our banquet staff. They truley do everything in their power to make sure events held here are special moments that will be remembered forever. We can't wait to see you again soon for your next event.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My daughter had a nearby Wedding at Glen Island and this hotel is well situated for the event. We checked in for a three night stay and staff was very attentive. The hotel seems to be older but well maintained and the room was a little small but clean and comfortable. The hotel restaurant is very good but pricey. We did not use the pool or nearby NY Sport gym they offer free for guests. We had a very good rate for New York which they give to Wedding parties.

Room Tip: Pick a room on upper floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Radisson_AGM, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Congratulations on your daughter's recent wedding. We are very happy to have been a part of making positive memories that will last forever. As someone who appears to travel and review often, your words of praise for our hotel are very appreciated.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels and this one ranks very high on this list. The brand new restaurant serves five star quality food and has a great atmosphere.

The hotel provides several top of the line amenities such as affordable and clean rooms, a gorgeous lobby, easy transportation to NYC and access to great nightlife. The staff is also extremely helpful, knowledgeable and courteous.

There are few places I'd rather stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jon K

Jon,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and restaurant. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a wedding in New Rochelle and even though we live less than an hour away decided to stay overnight since the hotel is less than a mile from where the wedding was and we figured it would be a late night. My kids were part of the wedding so they were with us. We got a room with two queen beds...clean..spacious...comfortable...nice clean bathrooms...everything was fine. We checked in after midnight and had to check out by 11am. So I feel like the $300+ for the room (yes it was a Saturday) was steep...The lounge looked nice we walked by but were just too pooped to check it out but it was crowded. I don't even think a breakfast was included for that price. We ended up meeting with some people from the wedding next day and did not even check for the breakfast so I don;'t know if the price even included that. Overall good service and amenities..and there aren't a lot of decent hotel options nearby maybe that is why they charge what they charge.

2  Thank Mary Anne M
Radisson10801, Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Mary,
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words about our hotel. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your time with us during your recent stay.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Debora and The Radisson Hotel Rocks!
Thank you for helping us prepare for our event. The food and service was great! The staff was awesome! The rooms are clean. Great location and only 25 minutes from New York City and 1 mile away from the beautiful Glen Island Park. It was always a party and event at the Radisson every time we visited. Love the NoMa Social Lounge for the mature crowd. The lobby is very pleasing to the eye. As you walk into the entrance, love the white sofas and the lighting along the tall glass windows overlooking the parking lot. The Grand Stairs heading down to the lower lobby level opening up to the Cocktail Room and the Eleqant Empire Ballroom, tells its own stories of many momentous occasions. The Radisson Hotel are phenomenal in party preparations for any occasional need. We recommend this place highly to all our family and friends. Thank you, come again. High Five Debora and The Radisson Hotel!!!
Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: If planning an event in the banquet room, best to choose rooms in the proximity. Otherwise, the roo...
1  Thank LuckyLouis2013
Radisson10801, Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Louis,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind words about our property. Yours is the type of experience we aim to deliver to each and every guest. I am extremely excited that we were able to make your special occasion that much more special. Deborah and our entire banquet staff work very hard to ensure events are memorable for all the right reasons. It is very nice to be able to provide them with positive feedback like yours.

Thank you, on behalf of our entire staff, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Recently had a 2 night stay here during the week. The hotel featured a renovated lobby that was very aesthetic and eye-pleasing. The room was big and comfy. Overall, I was very satisfied with what I got: a clean, big room, good amounts of privacy, and free parking. Unfortunately, the doors that adjoin the rooms can be rather thin, as I head a bit too much crying and moaning from the children of my next door neighbors. However, that’s not the hotel’s fault.

There were 2 minor things that prevented me from giving the hotel a 5 star rating, one being the lack of Club Carlson recognition (their frequent guest program). This isn’t specific to this particular hotel as I notice it occurs chain-wide. In almost every club Carlson stay I’ve had, the hotel has been very vague and unclear about the benefits in addition to not receiving many of the promised perks that come with the program. Second, during my entire stay, I only had interactions with hotel employees twice, check-in & check-out. Both times I’ve had to wait several minutes at the front desk to get someone to come out. Maybe this is partially because I come and go during early/late hours, but nonetheless it made the hotel seem a bit lacking. Overall, I would recommend this place, but there are definitely better options out there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tony Z
Radisson10801, Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We are very proud of our "Radisson Renovation of the Year" award winning lobby and newly renovated rooms, and it is good to see it noticed by guests. I do apoligize that you were not recognized as a Club Carlson member by our staff, but would like to personally thank you for your loyalty to the brand. We hope to see you here again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Rochelle
Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Renaissance Westchester Hotel

Been to Radisson Hotel New Rochelle? Share your experiences!