“Rad Wedding at the Radisson in NR”

Radisson Hotel New Rochelle
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Rochelle
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had our wedding there on May 25, 2013. We had been working with the Radisson for this most important event for about year ,, they were great. The banquet staff Tegan, Debra, and Christine really worked with us and were very patient. They made that part of our planning very smooth. Our wedding day it self was seamless. The wait staff was amazing, they were polite, efficient and fun. They added to our wedding day so much. I don't even know where to begin when it comes to the food there was so much, and everything was so delicious. Their partnership with Conti's bakery made that part very easy also and my cake was delicious. As my husband always says great business brings new business and we plan on recommending the Radisson in new rochelle for any and every event. Thank you all for my making our special day even more special.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Radisson10801, General Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Yanique A.
NYNY

Thank you so very much for posting comments about your recent wedding event at our hotel. I know that Tegan, Debra, and Christine loved being part of your event. Our goal is to make sure that everything is taken care of and all you have to do is enjoy your day. We appreciate you mentioning our wait staff doing an amazing job, as well as how much you enjoyed Chef Billy Rosenberg's food and that there was so much food to chose from. We have a great hotel family and truly value their being part of our team.

We are so glad you liked Conti's bakery and that they made that part easy for you and you enjoyed your wedding cake. They do an amazing job and yes, we do have a great partnership with them. They create some amazing cakes.

We always love hearing from our guest and hope that when your next event comes around that you give us a call. We do parties from 2-225; whether it is a family reunion, baby shower, christening, bar/bat mitzvah, birthday party, anniversary party, you name it ..........
we have something for everyone.

We wish you and your husband a wonderful life together and are so glad that we could help you plan such a great event. It was our pleasure to be a part of it. Thank you for selecting Radisson - New Rochelle.

Rhonda Hausman, CHA

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I didn't stay at this hotel - however, I did have an event in one on the banquet halls available and I had an awesome experience! Everyone was professional from beginning to end and very helpful. I dealt with Tegan and Debra and I couldn't have been happier they answered all my questions and everything turned out exactly as we discussed. The staff was amazing - very nice and professional the brunch was great- everyone exceeded my expectations! Everyone at my event was pleased.. I have no complaints and would do business here anytime. The upgrades in the lobby look great and the banquet room I had was lovely and it wasn't overpriced! Keep up the good work I have already recommended the Radisson New Rochelle to a few friends and will continue!! Thank you to all the staff for helping to make my event special!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Radisson10801, General Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review in regards to your recent banquet event. We appreciate you mentioning Tegan & Debra from our Catering Department; they do a fabulous job and are great at what they do ... parties! We have a variety of options in regards to meeting room space whether it is an event for 2 or 220; we have a space that will be perfect for you. Some of our specialties are bar/bat mitzvah, baby showers, wedding showers, small weddings, conventions, and wedding receptions. Our Chef Billy Rosenberg does a fabulous job overseeing our restaurant NoMa Social; as well as all of our banquet events. We have a variety of menus to chose from and will look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when the time comes.
Our hotel has been locally owned and operated for over 38 years, we value being part of New Rochelle and Westchester County. We offer banquets, hotel, convention center, restaurant, nightclub, and commerical office space all under one roof. Please call Debra, Tegan or Christine @ (914) 576-3700 X241 for any future catering needs or (914) 576-3700 X261 Glenia, Natasha or Christine Mazolli for any room reservations for your group rooms.

Again, we appreciate your kind remarks.

Rhonda D. Hausman, CHA
Radisson - New Rochelle.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family and I had the opportunity to attend this hotel for a wedding reception on Saturday October 25th. From the moment we stepped into venue (cocktail hour) the service was superb. My family and I have attended many wedding receptions (some at top of the line catering halls) and the experience at the Radisson was great. The food was delicious and our friends and I could not stop talking about it. The dinner portions were very nice too. My son is a vegetarian and they prepared a dish for him that he loved (he is very picky). The banquet manager on staff that night was Debra Hosein and she did a very nice job with the staff that were there.

Whenever we decide to have an event we will come back and will suggest you to our friends.

Mr. and Mrs. Glenn Davis

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Glenn D
Radisson10801, General Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Glenn D,

Thank you so much for such a great review of the wedding reception at our hotel. We truly appreciate you mentioning how great the food was and the fact that we do offer specialized meals for those with special diet request. Chef Billy Rosenberg, our Executive Chef for our banquets; as well as NoMa Social does a fabulous job with our dining experience whether you are having a dinner for 2 or party for 250.

We appreciate you mentioning Debra, she has been with us for a couple of years now and does a fabulous job; as well as Christine Z & Tegan and all of our banquet staff. Matter-of-fact, Radcliffe S. has been with us over 38 years in our banquet department so we do have a wonderful staff that loves what they do. We have over 6,500 sq feet of banquet/convention space that offers a variety of events to choose from.

We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again & again, thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review for us.

Rhonda D. Hausman, CHA
Radisson - New Rochelle, NY

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed with my spouse for 2 nights in early April. We'd booked the room using Hotwire, at an excellent rate. Wound up in a room with two doubles, but not a big deal.
We arrived late and stressed out, after driving in from Newark. Check-in was good, - very professional and friendly.
We were given a room on one of the higher floors.
First impression was positive. It was a large, clean room. This is not a luxury hotel chain, so don't expect the type of furnishings you would at a 5 star resort. The furniture and decor is standard to the chain, and that's OK for me under the circumstances.
Bed was the "Enter your sleep number" type, which led to an interesting conversation between myself and my wife as what that number should be. Let's just say we won't be buying one of those beds in our future lol! We did settle on a softness we both found comfortable.
Our room was quiet, and kept quite clean, and overall comfortable. Really that was all I was looking for.
Ordered a room service breakfast which was OK, (little overpriced, but that's expected) What really shined for me, was that they made a plate of fresh fruit for me at my request. Really appreciated that they did that, and did not make it an issue. They handled the special request with enthusiastic professionalism.
I think this is an example of a well managed, well maintained Radisson property. This is not a 5 star chain - it's more of a budget plus brand, so keep the expectations realistic. What they do, they do well. The management and staff of this property should be highly commended for their good work.
It's a good place to stay if you plan to stop over in New Rochelle.

Room Tip: Go higher couple of floors if possible.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cantrav10

Cantrav,

Thank you so much for such a great review. We appreciate your comments and for being so detailed in your responses. We have been locally owned and operated for over 38 years and assure you that we continue to raise the bar in regards to service; as well as our overall guest experience.

In regards to the Sleep Number Bed, we have information indicating that 65 is the same as a traditional mattress so we leave each one on 65 then let our guest decide if they want the mattress softer or more firm -- it has worked well since we started doing that. We also have traditional mattress availble for those that prefer traditional mattress, they just need to request either when they make the reservation or at check in.

Some of our guest are not aware of the new Radisson that Carlson has been masterminding over the last couple of years. The properties that have decided that they do not want to update ...aren't with the brand any more. Our property won "Renovation of the Year 2011" for our lobby renovation and we won "Renovation of the Year 2012" for our restuarant NoMa Social renovation. We look forward to submitting our guest bathroom renovations for next year. We are always looking for ways to improve upon our guest experience and assure you that we use information from our Medallia's & Trip Advisor to identify areas that we need to improve upon.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your compliments and look forward to an opportunity to serve you again on your next visiit to New Rochelle.

Rhonda Hausman, CHA
Radisson Hotel

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I should have written a review a long time ago about this location, I have stayed here on 3 different occasions and each time everything was great. But I am taking the liberty this time particularly because my last stay (May 2013) was for a birthday weekend for my friend and they were so helpful and accommodating to make it a surprise birthday! They went along with the whole thing and I quote the Birthday person said..THIS IS THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! We stayed in a new renovated room for the record good job on that and love the sinks! :-)

So I would like to commend the people at the front desk..M. Caras ( on his cruthes and all ) still being so nice and friendly as well as the Front Desk Manager Mr. Osiel that made sure at our check in to read the notes on the account and made sure all the preparations were right! I am a pretty fussy person when it comes to hotels but this Radisson has left me with a new outlook on their establishments and I will be traveling soon to the islands and I have looked into staying with a Radisson there as well!

Once again thank you!
See you on my next stay!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevators are best !
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Radisson10801, General Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you so much for all your kind remarks in regards to your stay and the great experience that Louis & Ken provided. We have a great hotel family and they love making sure our guest have a great stay.

Radisson - New Rochelle has a couple of outstanding members of our staff that have been with us over 38 years! We are truly proud of our entire hotel family and again, Thank You for sharing your experience.

Radisson New Rochelle

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Right in the center of the city. Well maintained property with a really nice restaurant. Rooms are basic but clean and oversized. Free parking and a very cooperative staff. Easy access to all local attractions.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Radisson10801, General Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear Great Location-
We truly appreciate you taking the time to post about your recent stay. As you mentioned we are centrally located to numerous cities since we are right off I-95 @ exit 16 so whether you are visiting Manhattan, Mt Vernon, Pelham, Larchmont, Stanford, or White Plains ...we are just minutes away. As far as even the things that are within walking distance such as restaurants, movie theater, Amtrak/Metro North station, etc we have the perfect location and offer complimentary parking to our guest.

We have recently renovated our lobby, the restaurant, and updated all of the guest rooms; and have completed a number of our guest room bathrooms with a great sophisticated, yet comfortable design. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel and our customer service and appreciate your comments.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This Radisson Hotel has an inviting modern reception area, the rooms are spacious, not very clean, but my experience there was unforgettable and unforgivable. At 10:30 at night, after a drive from Boston and its nighmarish Marathon terrorism event, I received a call from the "Manager" who said this: hello room ...., we are having a serious security problem in the hotel and we urge guests not to leave their rooms; we have lost all our computer records and we need to re-enter your credit card information so you can remain in your room until the crisispasses and we know you are a registered guest. I stonewalled this request with every possible answer, for which he had a comeback. i also was aware, that every decent hotel I;ve ever stayed at does not allow direct calls to the room unless you know the person's name. Finally I relented and gave him my information. As soon as the call was over, I called the front desk to confirm, but the desk informed me not to pay attention, it was not them who had called. I cancelled my credit card immediately but in the meanwhile (about 10 minutes) over $500 had been credited to my card, including to a prison. No follow-up phone call from management on what to do, no instructions. The following day, after a very early start and an busy work day, I approached the desk and asked them how this could happen and why they had not gotten back to me, as in their hotel, it was their responsiblity to keep gueswts informed. They said they did not have the manpower to forward calls, so they left open lines with direct dials to each room and many rooms had received these calls and a number of guests had been scammed. I said, what do i do about it? They said, oh in case you wish, here's a police number to call and file a complaint. That's it. No further contact or remorse.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank lilacroller

Please provide your contact information so that we could discuss your remarks. Email address would be great. Please send to Rhonda.Hausman@radisson.com.

Our hotel has been owned and operated for over 38 years and we are constantly trying to identify and correct any issues that our guest experiences that they feel needs improved upon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Rochelle
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Renaissance Westchester Hotel

Been to Radisson Hotel New Rochelle? Share your experiences!