“One of the Best Wedding Receptions”

Radisson Hotel New Rochelle
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Rochelle
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family and I had the opportunity to attend this hotel for a wedding reception on Saturday October 25th. From the moment we stepped into venue (cocktail hour) the service was superb. My family and I have attended many wedding receptions (some at top of the line catering halls) and the experience at the Radisson was great. The food was delicious and our friends and I could not stop talking about it. The dinner portions were very nice too. My son is a vegetarian and they prepared a dish for him that he loved (he is very picky). The banquet manager on staff that night was Debra Hosein and she did a very nice job with the staff that were there.

Whenever we decide to have an event we will come back and will suggest you to our friends.

Mr. and Mrs. Glenn Davis

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Glenn D
Radisson10801, General Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Glenn D,

Thank you so much for such a great review of the wedding reception at our hotel. We truly appreciate you mentioning how great the food was and the fact that we do offer specialized meals for those with special diet request. Chef Billy Rosenberg, our Executive Chef for our banquets; as well as NoMa Social does a fabulous job with our dining experience whether you are having a dinner for 2 or party for 250.

We appreciate you mentioning Debra, she has been with us for a couple of years now and does a fabulous job; as well as Christine Z & Tegan and all of our banquet staff. Matter-of-fact, Radcliffe S. has been with us over 38 years in our banquet department so we do have a wonderful staff that loves what they do. We have over 6,500 sq feet of banquet/convention space that offers a variety of events to choose from.

We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again & again, thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review for us.

Rhonda D. Hausman, CHA
Radisson - New Rochelle, NY

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed with my spouse for 2 nights in early April. We'd booked the room using Hotwire, at an excellent rate. Wound up in a room with two doubles, but not a big deal.
We arrived late and stressed out, after driving in from Newark. Check-in was good, - very professional and friendly.
We were given a room on one of the higher floors.
First impression was positive. It was a large, clean room. This is not a luxury hotel chain, so don't expect the type of furnishings you would at a 5 star resort. The furniture and decor is standard to the chain, and that's OK for me under the circumstances.
Bed was the "Enter your sleep number" type, which led to an interesting conversation between myself and my wife as what that number should be. Let's just say we won't be buying one of those beds in our future lol! We did settle on a softness we both found comfortable.
Our room was quiet, and kept quite clean, and overall comfortable. Really that was all I was looking for.
Ordered a room service breakfast which was OK, (little overpriced, but that's expected) What really shined for me, was that they made a plate of fresh fruit for me at my request. Really appreciated that they did that, and did not make it an issue. They handled the special request with enthusiastic professionalism.
I think this is an example of a well managed, well maintained Radisson property. This is not a 5 star chain - it's more of a budget plus brand, so keep the expectations realistic. What they do, they do well. The management and staff of this property should be highly commended for their good work.
It's a good place to stay if you plan to stop over in New Rochelle.

Room Tip: Go higher couple of floors if possible.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cantrav10

Cantrav,

Thank you so much for such a great review. We appreciate your comments and for being so detailed in your responses. We have been locally owned and operated for over 38 years and assure you that we continue to raise the bar in regards to service; as well as our overall guest experience.

In regards to the Sleep Number Bed, we have information indicating that 65 is the same as a traditional mattress so we leave each one on 65 then let our guest decide if they want the mattress softer or more firm -- it has worked well since we started doing that. We also have traditional mattress availble for those that prefer traditional mattress, they just need to request either when they make the reservation or at check in.

Some of our guest are not aware of the new Radisson that Carlson has been masterminding over the last couple of years. The properties that have decided that they do not want to update ...aren't with the brand any more. Our property won "Renovation of the Year 2011" for our lobby renovation and we won "Renovation of the Year 2012" for our restuarant NoMa Social renovation. We look forward to submitting our guest bathroom renovations for next year. We are always looking for ways to improve upon our guest experience and assure you that we use information from our Medallia's & Trip Advisor to identify areas that we need to improve upon.

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your compliments and look forward to an opportunity to serve you again on your next visiit to New Rochelle.

Rhonda Hausman, CHA
Radisson Hotel

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I should have written a review a long time ago about this location, I have stayed here on 3 different occasions and each time everything was great. But I am taking the liberty this time particularly because my last stay (May 2013) was for a birthday weekend for my friend and they were so helpful and accommodating to make it a surprise birthday! They went along with the whole thing and I quote the Birthday person said..THIS IS THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! We stayed in a new renovated room for the record good job on that and love the sinks! :-)

So I would like to commend the people at the front desk..M. Caras ( on his cruthes and all ) still being so nice and friendly as well as the Front Desk Manager Mr. Osiel that made sure at our check in to read the notes on the account and made sure all the preparations were right! I am a pretty fussy person when it comes to hotels but this Radisson has left me with a new outlook on their establishments and I will be traveling soon to the islands and I have looked into staying with a Radisson there as well!

Once again thank you!
See you on my next stay!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevators are best !
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Radisson10801, General Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you so much for all your kind remarks in regards to your stay and the great experience that Louis & Ken provided. We have a great hotel family and they love making sure our guest have a great stay.

Radisson - New Rochelle has a couple of outstanding members of our staff that have been with us over 38 years! We are truly proud of our entire hotel family and again, Thank You for sharing your experience.

Radisson New Rochelle

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Right in the center of the city. Well maintained property with a really nice restaurant. Rooms are basic but clean and oversized. Free parking and a very cooperative staff. Easy access to all local attractions.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Radisson10801, General Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear Great Location-
We truly appreciate you taking the time to post about your recent stay. As you mentioned we are centrally located to numerous cities since we are right off I-95 @ exit 16 so whether you are visiting Manhattan, Mt Vernon, Pelham, Larchmont, Stanford, or White Plains ...we are just minutes away. As far as even the things that are within walking distance such as restaurants, movie theater, Amtrak/Metro North station, etc we have the perfect location and offer complimentary parking to our guest.

We have recently renovated our lobby, the restaurant, and updated all of the guest rooms; and have completed a number of our guest room bathrooms with a great sophisticated, yet comfortable design. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel and our customer service and appreciate your comments.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This Radisson Hotel has an inviting modern reception area, the rooms are spacious, not very clean, but my experience there was unforgettable and unforgivable. At 10:30 at night, after a drive from Boston and its nighmarish Marathon terrorism event, I received a call from the "Manager" who said this: hello room ...., we are having a serious security problem in the hotel and we urge guests not to leave their rooms; we have lost all our computer records and we need to re-enter your credit card information so you can remain in your room until the crisispasses and we know you are a registered guest. I stonewalled this request with every possible answer, for which he had a comeback. i also was aware, that every decent hotel I;ve ever stayed at does not allow direct calls to the room unless you know the person's name. Finally I relented and gave him my information. As soon as the call was over, I called the front desk to confirm, but the desk informed me not to pay attention, it was not them who had called. I cancelled my credit card immediately but in the meanwhile (about 10 minutes) over $500 had been credited to my card, including to a prison. No follow-up phone call from management on what to do, no instructions. The following day, after a very early start and an busy work day, I approached the desk and asked them how this could happen and why they had not gotten back to me, as in their hotel, it was their responsiblity to keep gueswts informed. They said they did not have the manpower to forward calls, so they left open lines with direct dials to each room and many rooms had received these calls and a number of guests had been scammed. I said, what do i do about it? They said, oh in case you wish, here's a police number to call and file a complaint. That's it. No further contact or remorse.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank lilacroller

Please provide your contact information so that we could discuss your remarks. Email address would be great. Please send to Rhonda.Hausman@radisson.com.

Our hotel has been owned and operated for over 38 years and we are constantly trying to identify and correct any issues that our guest experiences that they feel needs improved upon.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The service was phenomenal, and Debra and the carering staff were very nice and hospitable. Definitely will stay here again. The service at our reception was very good, and the servers were very nice and always asking if everything was good or if we needed anything. Then while we stayed in the room the service was on point, and the sleep number beds were a nice touch as well. Also the club nomo allowed me and my wife to take some of or wedding pictures there while no one was there. Very thankful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Radisson10801, General Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Very Good Stay,

We truly appreciate you mentioning how pleased you were with your event and that our staff did a fabulous job. Debra and our banquet staff absolutely loved taking care of you and your family.
Christine, Debra & Tegan in our Sales & Catering Department are experts at any type of party, convention, wedding, social gathering, trade show. We do events for up to 220 in our Empire Ballroom and have smaller venues for smaller events. We are always pleased to hear from our guest ad know that when you plan your next event we will be here to assist you.

We are so glad that you had a great time in NoMa Social and that you were able to get some nice shots. NoMa Social, our restaurant just had our 1st anniversary and have received some great reviews such as in the New York Times. We are open for breakfast, lunch & dinner; as well as room-service for our guest. Chef Billy Rosenberg, formerly of F.I.S.H. and his staff does a fabulous job. The food is outstanding. We also have nightclub open each Friday & Saturday night from 10:30pm - 3am.

We look forward to serving you and your family again and again, thank you for such a nice review.

Radisson Hotel
New Rochelle, NY

Reviewed April 25, 2013

part of this review should be Excellent -- the other part should be "Terrible."

I've stayed here twice now -- and I've also stayed at the local Marriott maybe 10 times. I was hopeful the Radisson would be my new "home" base in New Roc, but after this trip, I will never go back.

I called and asked for an eary check-in after arriving on a red eye from Arizona. The desk manager was wonderful and gave me a room at 7am -- and didn't charge me - even though I offered to pay a business class rate upgrade (he said he would do that, but he didn't have a free business class room).

I arrived, rested, and was happy. But then I couldn't get on the internet. I wrote it off and went on my family visit (a funeral) and came back at the end of a long day hoping for a glass of wine in the restaurant so I could catch up on some overdue work. The internet still didn't work. I went to the desk with my laptop, thinking maybe I had a computer glitch. They said they had other complaints, so they would call the internet company. Meanwhile, the small table I was using in the bar was wobbly, so much so it tipped the glasses off. breaking them. It was a mess. The bartender was great - she set me at another table, got me a fresh glass of wine. I felt caref for,

But still, the internet didn't work. Now I was getting desperate.

I was on a deadline for work, so the bartender took me to the business center. Even there, the internet didn't work. I asked again at the desk about the internet and said I might have to leave. Then, amazingly, the hotel manager (Colby?) gave me her desk and computer to use. This was great for a while, but I realized I needed to download some data to my laptop and couldn't connect without internet. I was stuck - again.

I was tired, frustrated, and hearing my boss in my mind say, "why didn't you just go to the marriott?"

So, more than an hour into this, I told them I would have to check out and get this work done.
When I came to check out, the desk clerk said I would now get a 20% discount on my room night--- I would have to pay 80% of the fee for the room, despite checking out because there was no internet!

At least at Marriott, they empower their employees to be able to solve problems. At Radisson, the employees tried their best, but when it failed, they couldn't make it better.

Stay away from Radisson if you need to get things done. It's sad. I was so hopeful this would be my local hotel for visiting my Aunt.

Room Tip: All of the above are great ratings. But the overall experience was ruined by their inability to ref...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jmemmc2
Radisson10801, General Manager at Radisson Hotel New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear Boston MA,

We truly regret that you had issues with the Internet for whatever reason. Many travelers use corporate laptops that have firewalls; therefore are unable to connect. I am glad that you met Colby Brock, she is our Food & Beverage manager and he Father is the owner of our hotel and has been for over 38 years. I realize that using Colby's office was not as convenient as your guest room, but appreciate her trying to resolve the issue. I had the IT department come out last night and we have upgraded our equipment do there should be no problems going forward.

We always appreciate our guest letting us know how their stay was and truly consider all comments/suggestions/ideas that will make future stats more enjoyable.

We consider Marriott Residence Inn as one of our neighbors and we work together. We send them business and they send us business - it is a great partnership. We have the only full service hotel in New Rochelle and then they accept pets, where we do not so we truly both refer
to each other.

We appreciate your time and appreciate your comments. as I mentioned we regret that you had an issue with the Internet. We'd love to have you back on your next
visit to New Rochelle.

Royal Regency Hotel
Royal Regency Hotel
#4 of 7 in Yonkers
Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown

Been to Radisson Hotel New Rochelle? Share your experiences!