“Good Croation in New Rochelle”

Dubrovnik Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Dubrovnik Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 193 Restaurants in New Rochelle
Cuisines: Croatian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We miss Croatia. We miss the smell of the sea, the fishing culture and the sounds of our mothers grilling whatever was freshly caught in the morning. We miss being in a land where football is played with feet. Despite the Croatian affinity for the sea, it's difficult for us to go home as much as we want to, so we did the next best thing, we brought our home to us and established Dubrovnik Restaurant. Since opening, our goal has been to make you love Croatia as much as we do. We are committed to bringing the best of Croatia to New Rochelle, even if just for a few hours. Dubrovnik features the best of Croatian cuisine, including succulent meat roasts, fresh grilled fish and a variety of other favorites. Our restaurant features both indoor and outdoor space, so you can feel as though you're on the inside of a ship or enjoying dinner on the beach. At its essence Dubrovnik isn't a restaurant, it's a portal to Croatia. Come experience Croatia, you won't need a passport this time.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The restaurant has a valet which is great, the food was excellent with very nice atmosphere. The bar area is a little tight. We had Dalmatian platter which was 2 types of prosciutto and 2 kinds of cheese with olives and sliced pickles, and a plate of grilled vegetables ( a little greasy). For dinner we had lamb chops, rib eye steak and tuna, all prepared really well and very delicious. We finished our meal with Croation puff pastry filled with custard creme ( Croation Napoleon), it was flavorful with coffee. We really enjoyed our meal and the service was very good. Everything arrived in a timely manner, I definitely go back.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I hate to write a really bad review of a restaurant, but unfortunately, Dubrovnik earned it.
The arrogance and failure to listen by our waiter ruined what might have been an OK meal.
I ordered Halibut, it was tasty but loaded with bones. My wife ordered Salmon, and requested that it have NO uncooked parts. It had to be sent back twice, and even after that she had to push aside the raw pieces. She finished her dinner nearly an hour after the others in our party.
The waiter made a big deal about having to make "fresh" coffee and it arrived luke warm. When this was brought to his attention he shrugged his shoulders and walked away. The only area where service was good was in refilling wine glasses. Resulting in a cost of $130 per couple for all the wine. I would never go back, and would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

3  Thank seehunt
Jerry T, Owner at Dubrovnik Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

I'm terribly disappointed to read your review. While I realize that I'm several months late to respond, I wanted to reach out and apologize for your poor experience with us back in November. I simply can't imagine what went so wrong in the kitchen that you wife's salmon had to be sent back twice, and I want to apologize on behalf of your unsympathetic server. I assure you that your experience is not a usual one -- as our numerous positive reviews will attest, we take customer satisfaction very seriously and are fully capable of providing our guests with excellent food and service. I truly regret you had such a frustrating experience dining with us, but I do hope you might be open to giving us another chance to show you our best. I'm certain you won't be disappointed again.

Best wishes,
Jerry T., Owner

Reviewed November 12, 2013

It's always been a little surprising that New Rochelle has had so few really good restaurants, but that has now changed with the opening three months ago of Dubrovnik, an outstanding Croatian restaurant. As one might expect, Croatian cuisine relies heavily on the sea, and Dubrovnik offers a wide range of fresh and beautifully prepared fish and shellfish. And everything else here is terrific, too, from wonderful breads and spreads, to salads and desserts. Located on Main Street, Dubrovnik's first floor dining room and bar is lively, but quieter quarters are offered downstairs. And in summer, there is an attractive terrace. Much of the food is cooked on a large outdoor grill on that terrace, and it's fun to watch the chefs work the grill. Service is professional, pleasant and efficient, and the prices are reasonable, too, for the quality of the food. Reservations are already a must for this terrific addition to the dining scene.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

-The service was excellent our server was Antonio he helped us understand the menu. He was professional and attentive. The ambiance is great and well the food was amazing. I had the salmon with sauteed veggies and potatoes. Everything was fresh and cooked to perfection. I would def return.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is as good as it gets! The place is new and they not spare on expense. Great indoor and outdoor settings. Everything about the place is over the top! I had lamb chops that absolutely melted in my mouth. My wife had fish, they bring a plate with the selections to your table for you to chose from! The service was tops as well. My wife liked the wine very much, I am not a wine drinker. I am a flan nut and their's was suberb! Can't say enough about the place!