“Convenient and Reasonable”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Rochelle
Abingdon, MD
“Convenient and Reasonable”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Overall a nice stay. Pillows are a bit uncomfortable. Flat ones were too flat and fluffy ones were too tall to sleep on. I recommend asking for a room on the side away from the post office. Trucks are loud! But the breakfast was above average and the room was spacious.

Room Tip: Away from side facing post office
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Cindy B,

Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor! It is always nice to have our guests share their experience with our hotel and team. Our brand has high standards for a beautiful buffet breakfast. The breakfast team at this property truly cares about the set up and offerings, we take great pride in our make your own waffle station, as well as our hot foods selection including but not limited to scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, pancakes/French toast, potato pancakes, red potatoes and so much more! We also take delight in offering healthy options such as yogurt parfaits, fresh cut fruit, granola, oatmeal and assorted cereals!
Our rooms are spacious and our goal is to exceed your expectations for comfort, service, and cleanliness. I do apologize that our pillows did not accommodate you or exceed your expectations. Our standard is to provide a mix of both foam and feather pillows to please all guests. In the coming year, we are going to be providing exceptional queen sized pillows that I am sure will be an excellent fit for your comfort.

I will be happy to assist you in making reservations in the future should your travels bring you back this way, please feel free to contact me directly.

Have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Hotel is fine but I am pretty sure its being partially used as a shelter..during breakfast it was clear that the overwhelming majority of people staying at the hotel were there due to some sort of city shelter program...

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Michael T
Dear Seriousityelder,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor, I am so sorry our breakfast room did not meet your expectations. Each day my team and I set forth an excellent breakfast and our goal is to provide unparalleled service. It is unfortunate that you viewed our breakfast as some sort of city shelter program. My management team is certainly involved in community service and we do give back regularly, however we have not participated in any program that involves those charities on property or in our breakfast.
Our community service projects typically include us visiting other sites and providing some sort of visitation or labor for those in need. If time permits I would like to discuss your experience with our hotel further as this is certainly not an impression that we look to leave with our valuable guests!

I thank you for choosing Residence inn by Marriott, New Rochelle and look forward to speaking with you in the future.

Best Wishes for a Warm holiday Season!
Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very friendly staff! Check in was very easy and the room was excellent. Very clean and well appointed. Free breakfast was very good and the hotel is in a convenient location. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Pvh16,

Thank you for your wonderful review about your stay here at the Residence Inn- New Rochelle. Our staff strives to exceed our guests expectations each and everyday! We hope when you travel back to New Rochelle we see you again!
minnesota, usa
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Spent three nights here, took the train into Manhattan each day, returned around 4PM. Train is three block walk, very convenient. It takes about 1/2 hour to get to Grand Central. Small shops surround the hotel with local flavor. Good breakfast, quiet suite with two TVs. Staff was very helpful and accomodating. Attached to a fun center with movies, bowling, mini golf, etc. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shimizuMinnesota
Dear shimizuMinnesota,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at the Residence Inn-New Rochelle. I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location with our accessibility to the Metro North Train Station. Hopefully you were able to have some fun in New Roc City also!

We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to New Rochelle!
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed October 19, 2013

What makes our event special is the service provided by the Sales Coordinator, Najwa Sobti. She has been very accommodating with everything we need to make our event successful. Front desks are very warm and always try to accommodate even though the hotel is always busy. Very clean, and what makes it nice is, it's close to I-95, train station, the mall, restaurants and any other activities that you're looking for. The facility on the 10th floor is also open for anybody who is staying in the hotel if they want to just lounge or do some work. Would recommend to anybody.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Paola,

Thank you so much for your kind words! Najwa certainly is an asset to our team here and we are so appreciative to have her. As the Sales Coordinator she has the opportunity to work with our guests who need meeting space, and handles all groups for the hotel. Her positive, friendly 'can do' attitude is the Marriott New Rochelle way!

We look forward to seeing you soon!
Thank you!!

Newark, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We booked 4 rooms for a business trip, we each put the rooms on our own credit card, the trip was canceled a week in advance, but for some reason my card was charged $230 for a "no show" fee. When I called to try to correct the mistake the women who answered had a serious attitude and told me I was a "no show". I explained that we had booked 4 rooms, and I was a part of a group, I explained that the rooms were canceled over a week in advance. I was told a manager would have to get back to me. After several calls and 3 weeks later, I have yet to speak to "the manager" who can fix this issue. Maybe this review will get your attention, maybe not, either way, don't give them your card number unless you want unauthorized charges.

Room Tip: Don't give them your credit card info.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brent W
Dear Brent,

Thank you taking time to share your expereince with our hotel and TripAdvisor. I do apologize if there was any miscommunication with your reservation/cancellation. I have brought this issue to my leadership team and we are not familiar with any messages regarding fees for you. I would be happy to speak with you personally and investigate the history of this situation.
Please call me at your earliest convenience.

General Manger
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

For our stay our next door neighbor was a barking dog. On our last night the barking was constant prompting three calls to the night manager who responded with "don't worry about it". We'll I did worry about it as at 1 AM the alternative presented was to move rooms! The right solution was to actually remove the dog, not relocate a platinum member guest. Our reservation was also cancelled two consecutive days by email prompting the question. why is this happening to a long time Marriott member? The inconvenience of twice having to resolve this first thing upon waking up was very puzzling and disappointing.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ken H
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Ken H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Residence Inn, New Rochelle. I am so sorry that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to not only meet your standards but to exceed every guest's wishes! My team is dedicated to your satisfaction and strives to go the extra mile for every one, every day. I can understand that a pet near by may have been a nusaince for you - we are a pet friendly hotel as we want every member of the family to be able to thrive on long stays. It is very uncommon that we have a problematic pet here, and I apologize that we were not able to fix that in a sufficient amount of time. I would really like to discuss this matter further with you, and have an opportunity to look in to the history of your reservation to learn what happened with your cancellation.

I would truly like the chance to learn more about your stay and speak with you personally. I can be reached via email at NewRochelleGM@IH-Corp.com, or by phone at 914 636 7888.

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn, New Rochelle, I look forward to speaking with you in the near future!

Best Wishes,
#4 of 8 in White Plains
Courtyard Rye
Courtyard Rye
#1 of 1 in Rye

Been to Residence Inn New Rochelle? Share your experiences!