“Beware, they will charge your card even if you cancel in advance”

Residence Inn New Rochelle
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Rochelle
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We booked 4 rooms for a business trip, we each put the rooms on our own credit card, the trip was canceled a week in advance, but for some reason my card was charged $230 for a "no show" fee. When I called to try to correct the mistake the women who answered had a serious attitude and told me I was a "no show". I explained that we had booked 4 rooms, and I was a part of a group, I explained that the rooms were canceled over a week in advance. I was told a manager would have to get back to me. After several calls and 3 weeks later, I have yet to speak to "the manager" who can fix this issue. Maybe this review will get your attention, maybe not, either way, don't give them your card number unless you want unauthorized charges.

Room Tip: Don't give them your credit card info.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brent W
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Brent,

Thank you taking time to share your expereince with our hotel and TripAdvisor. I do apologize if there was any miscommunication with your reservation/cancellation. I have brought this issue to my leadership team and we are not familiar with any messages regarding fees for you. I would be happy to speak with you personally and investigate the history of this situation.
Please call me at your earliest convenience.

General Manger

Reviewed October 12, 2013

For our stay our next door neighbor was a barking dog. On our last night the barking was constant prompting three calls to the night manager who responded with "don't worry about it". We'll I did worry about it as at 1 AM the alternative presented was to move rooms! The right solution was to actually remove the dog, not relocate a platinum member guest. Our reservation was also cancelled two consecutive days by email prompting the question. why is this happening to a long time Marriott member? The inconvenience of twice having to resolve this first thing upon waking up was very puzzling and disappointing.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ken H
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Ken H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Residence Inn, New Rochelle. I am so sorry that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to not only meet your standards but to exceed every guest's wishes! My team is dedicated to your satisfaction and strives to go the extra mile for every one, every day. I can understand that a pet near by may have been a nusaince for you - we are a pet friendly hotel as we want every member of the family to be able to thrive on long stays. It is very uncommon that we have a problematic pet here, and I apologize that we were not able to fix that in a sufficient amount of time. I would really like to discuss this matter further with you, and have an opportunity to look in to the history of your reservation to learn what happened with your cancellation.

I would truly like the chance to learn more about your stay and speak with you personally. I can be reached via email at NewRochelleGM@IH-Corp.com, or by phone at 914 636 7888.

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn, New Rochelle, I look forward to speaking with you in the near future!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Upon check-in, we were upgraded to a 10th corner floor suite and were very pleased. Warm fresh baked cookies were offered at at the front desk not only at check-in but throughout our stay. We had a lovely view of the Sound, and the suite was very clean and well appointed. The front desk staff was very friendly at all times and exceptionally helpful in making great recommendations. Our suite was on the same level as the lounge, which was was very convenient for breakfast. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Angela,

Thank you so much for your kind words! Our hotel is in a fantastic location, just one mile from the Long Island Sound with amazing views from our Hearthroom where the complimentary breakfast is served daily. Our team here is skilled and well trained to meet Marriott's high standards of cleanliness and service; I thank you for taking a moment to comment on that.

I have shared your comments with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

If I may be of any assistance to you making a new reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at the New Rochelle Residence Inn in September, 2013, for two nights. We were in town for a wedding. After some of the reviews on here, I was a little leery about what we may find. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. The premises is quite nice. Our room was delightful - very big, clean, with a kitchen. It served our needs nicely.

We didn't use the kitchen, so I can't comment on what was provided.

The front staff wasn't necessarily the friendliest I've ever dealt with, but it was incredibly late at night when I needed assistance.

The area...we didn't do a lot of exploring. But there was a movie theater nearby, and not far from the train station to get into NYC. The price was a little high, but for the proximity to NYC I suppose it wasn't terrible.

I'd stay there again if my travels brought me back to New Rochelle, but I don't anticipate that happening any time soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Kelee79,

Thank you so much for posting your experience at the Residence Inn, New Rochelle on TripAdvisor! Your kind words about our facility will be brought to our daily meetings and reviewed with my entire team! We do pride ourselves on a quality product, excellent location and exceeding the guests expectations. I am so happy we were able to do that for you!

Should your travels ever bring you back to New Rochelle - we would be happy to welcome you back!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2013

At $170 per night this was an expensive option but after 3 nights in Manhattan I was ready for some luxury. My room was a suite with a king-size bed, separate kitchen/dining/living area, bathroom and dressing room. I loved it. It was beautiful and quiet.
The staff were helpful. The breakfast area was on the 10th floor and had newspapers which the staff downstairs didn't seem to know about when I asked about a paper on Saturday morning. Breakfast isn't great. I had to wait both mornings for eggs and one morning there was turkey bacon instead of regular bacon. Plenty of everything else. so can't really complain.
I would stay there again as the walk to the college was 5 min? and the railway station about 7min?. Perfect for me. And with a cinema next door and fac restaurants within easy walking distance I think this is a better bet for people who don't want to drive.

Room Tip: Room 620 was roomy. Better than the photos.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Kate,

Residence Inn's are typically 50% larger then your average hotel room, at the Residence Inn, New Rochelle we are fortunate to have large suites with beautifully high ceilings letting the sun fill your suite with light! Recently we completed our guest room renovation adding to the simple pleasures of staying in a Residence Inn. We now have beautiful new carpeting, fresh paint, beautiful art work, gorgeous new granite counters and much much more! We love hearing from our guests about their experience with our team, the room and the location of the hotel!
Residence Inn is a brand that envisions long term staying guests. As a result, we make every effort to exceed the expectations of each and every guest. Part of that goal is to rotate our complimentary breakfast offerings each morning. Having the same items daily make for a boring start to your day. At the Residence Inn, New Rochelle we offer items such as Bacon, Canadian Bacon, French toast, pancakes, potato pancakes, sausage, biscuits on a rotating basis in addition to our daily offerings, such as make your own Belgium waffles, scrambled eggs, fruit yogurts, bagels and assorted breads.

I thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with the Residence Inn, New Rochelle. We hope that we are given the opportunity to provide service to you again in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We came on business but stayed for 2 nights so we could take in a show (Motown the musical-it was fabulous!); the train to the city was a short walk away and took 35 minutes to get to Grand Central Station. We went to the Omni theater on the second night which is right outside the hotel and very fun. The hotel is in a very nice and safe (!) location. The front desk staff was excellent; the room was great and the breakfast was good. (The breakfast area needed to be cleaned up more regularly during breakfast hours.) There are several good restaurant choices all within walking distance. FYI: BYOB! You can't buy it anywhere! We would recommend the Residence Inn in "New Roc!"

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear suzcurrier,

Thank you so much for your review of the Residence Inn, New Rochelle! We love being located in a fun, lively, fabulous area! Not only is the energy in New Roc City amazing, but we like to create that same family friendly atmosphere in our hotel as well. Your experience with our location and team, more specifically our front office team is exactly what we strive for daily! Your comment about our breakfast has not gone unnoticed, we were able to use this review to continue to grow and improve and intend to impress you in every area the next time you stay with us!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I used Trip Advisor when booking our trip to the East Coast. This property was the logical choice for the connection to my husbands assignment.

For $200 a night it was a B- at best although the front desk staff was very friendly, helpful with directions and just in general cheerful. $8.00 daily parking charge is expected but they will try to get $10.00 if you don't challenge them.

We had a room on the 7th floor overlooking the pool below and a sneak peak of the Sound in the distance. The room was clean although the housekeeping staff did not vacuum for the first two days of our 4 day stay and the hallway smelled badly (which we reported). The furniture was well used but again, it all was clean.

Breakfast was provided up on the 10th floor and at times, they ran out of the general staples (cream for the coffee, bagels at 8AM and the like). The blinds were drawn up to see the view but the windows were dirty and over the tables, dead plants hung in plastic planters. Also, the tables were provided with round plastic placemats that should have been thrown out a long time ago.

The pool area was surrounded with dead plants and weeds in the planters and the security door was left propped open and no life guard on duty. I never saw anyone from maintenance clean the area (again I was a guest for 4 days).

If this is the best of the best that Marriott has to offer, I will book elsewhere the next visit

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 3rd floor facing the Sound and report anything that does not meet your appr...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County
8 mi away
Renaissance Westchester Hotel

Been to Residence Inn New Rochelle? Share your experiences!