“Better than expected!”

Residence Inn New Rochelle
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Rochelle
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at the New Rochelle Residence Inn in September, 2013, for two nights. We were in town for a wedding. After some of the reviews on here, I was a little leery about what we may find. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. The premises is quite nice. Our room was delightful - very big, clean, with a kitchen. It served our needs nicely.

We didn't use the kitchen, so I can't comment on what was provided.

The front staff wasn't necessarily the friendliest I've ever dealt with, but it was incredibly late at night when I needed assistance.

The area...we didn't do a lot of exploring. But there was a movie theater nearby, and not far from the train station to get into NYC. The price was a little high, but for the proximity to NYC I suppose it wasn't terrible.

I'd stay there again if my travels brought me back to New Rochelle, but I don't anticipate that happening any time soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Kelee79,

Thank you so much for posting your experience at the Residence Inn, New Rochelle on TripAdvisor! Your kind words about our facility will be brought to our daily meetings and reviewed with my entire team! We do pride ourselves on a quality product, excellent location and exceeding the guests expectations. I am so happy we were able to do that for you!

Should your travels ever bring you back to New Rochelle - we would be happy to welcome you back!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 14, 2013

At $170 per night this was an expensive option but after 3 nights in Manhattan I was ready for some luxury. My room was a suite with a king-size bed, separate kitchen/dining/living area, bathroom and dressing room. I loved it. It was beautiful and quiet.
The staff were helpful. The breakfast area was on the 10th floor and had newspapers which the staff downstairs didn't seem to know about when I asked about a paper on Saturday morning. Breakfast isn't great. I had to wait both mornings for eggs and one morning there was turkey bacon instead of regular bacon. Plenty of everything else. so can't really complain.
I would stay there again as the walk to the college was 5 min? and the railway station about 7min?. Perfect for me. And with a cinema next door and fac restaurants within easy walking distance I think this is a better bet for people who don't want to drive.

Room Tip: Room 620 was roomy. Better than the photos.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Kate,

Residence Inn's are typically 50% larger then your average hotel room, at the Residence Inn, New Rochelle we are fortunate to have large suites with beautifully high ceilings letting the sun fill your suite with light! Recently we completed our guest room renovation adding to the simple pleasures of staying in a Residence Inn. We now have beautiful new carpeting, fresh paint, beautiful art work, gorgeous new granite counters and much much more! We love hearing from our guests about their experience with our team, the room and the location of the hotel!
Residence Inn is a brand that envisions long term staying guests. As a result, we make every effort to exceed the expectations of each and every guest. Part of that goal is to rotate our complimentary breakfast offerings each morning. Having the same items daily make for a boring start to your day. At the Residence Inn, New Rochelle we offer items such as Bacon, Canadian Bacon, French toast, pancakes, potato pancakes, sausage, biscuits on a rotating basis in addition to our daily offerings, such as make your own Belgium waffles, scrambled eggs, fruit yogurts, bagels and assorted breads.

I thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with the Residence Inn, New Rochelle. We hope that we are given the opportunity to provide service to you again in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We came on business but stayed for 2 nights so we could take in a show (Motown the musical-it was fabulous!); the train to the city was a short walk away and took 35 minutes to get to Grand Central Station. We went to the Omni theater on the second night which is right outside the hotel and very fun. The hotel is in a very nice and safe (!) location. The front desk staff was excellent; the room was great and the breakfast was good. (The breakfast area needed to be cleaned up more regularly during breakfast hours.) There are several good restaurant choices all within walking distance. FYI: BYOB! You can't buy it anywhere! We would recommend the Residence Inn in "New Roc!"

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear suzcurrier,

Thank you so much for your review of the Residence Inn, New Rochelle! We love being located in a fun, lively, fabulous area! Not only is the energy in New Roc City amazing, but we like to create that same family friendly atmosphere in our hotel as well. Your experience with our location and team, more specifically our front office team is exactly what we strive for daily! Your comment about our breakfast has not gone unnoticed, we were able to use this review to continue to grow and improve and intend to impress you in every area the next time you stay with us!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I used Trip Advisor when booking our trip to the East Coast. This property was the logical choice for the connection to my husbands assignment.

For $200 a night it was a B- at best although the front desk staff was very friendly, helpful with directions and just in general cheerful. $8.00 daily parking charge is expected but they will try to get $10.00 if you don't challenge them.

We had a room on the 7th floor overlooking the pool below and a sneak peak of the Sound in the distance. The room was clean although the housekeeping staff did not vacuum for the first two days of our 4 day stay and the hallway smelled badly (which we reported). The furniture was well used but again, it all was clean.

Breakfast was provided up on the 10th floor and at times, they ran out of the general staples (cream for the coffee, bagels at 8AM and the like). The blinds were drawn up to see the view but the windows were dirty and over the tables, dead plants hung in plastic planters. Also, the tables were provided with round plastic placemats that should have been thrown out a long time ago.

The pool area was surrounded with dead plants and weeds in the planters and the security door was left propped open and no life guard on duty. I never saw anyone from maintenance clean the area (again I was a guest for 4 days).

If this is the best of the best that Marriott has to offer, I will book elsewhere the next visit

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 3rd floor facing the Sound and report anything that does not meet your appr...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Marcy B
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is lovely but at $240 a night, it's a little pricey given the location. The metro north is a short walk away but it's a long enough trip to manhattan, given you're practically paying manhattan prices.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Grace8688,

Thank you so much for pointing out the excellent location of the Residence Inn, New Rochelle. Our prime location in the heart of New Roc City, as well as your ability to walk 2 blocks to the Metro North, in addition to the many restaurants, wedding venues, and nightlife makes us a desirable location to visit. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service to each and every one of our guests. We believe that exceeding your expectations starts with the reservation process. In an effort to meet or exceed those expectations we do have different rates and tiers available. Since we are a Residence Inn, we offer discounted rates based on your length of stay! We are designed to help you thrive on long stays.
We also have 5 room types in this hotel. We offer spaces from Studio suites to Executive Suites, and Two Bedrooms. Our goal is to help you find a price range that fits you!

Should you ever have the opporunity to visit the New Rochelle area again in the future - please do not hesitate to contact me directly! I look forward to meeting you in the future.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This has been our fallback for family visits when another place has been full, but we won't use this Residence Inn any more. The smell in the entrance area from the seedy garage (where the door doesn't lock reliably) is disgusting. When I reported the raucous 2-3 AM hallway noises after the first night, I was assured that the responsible wedding party had checked out, but it was no different the next night. The room was OK--a nice long distance view of Long Island Sound, though the immediate view was of a couple of dumpsters--but the general quality is that of a discount-level hotel, and the stink, insecure entrance, etc. make me think that there are other stitches being missed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank gitful_nedboc

Dear gitful_nedboc,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn, New Rochelle. I can understand your frustration and would like to speak with you further about your stay with us. Safety and Security of our guests and team members is a standard that we make a priority each and every day. Your satisfaction means everything to my team and I.

We would like the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you how wonderful the facility and team here are!

I look forward to hearing from you.

NewRochelleGM@IH-corp.com

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family stayed with the kind folks at the RI_NewROC while visiting our son in the City. From my wife's greatful comments when booking through the duration of our stay; the experience was wonderful! The location's proximity to the City, the value and most importantly the staff!, were all excellent! They truly provide a homey feel. Historically we've stayed in WhitePlains, but the level of customer care in here has changed that. Familiar friendly faces every day and the warm family feel from ALL of the staff, was greatly appreciated.
The location provided pleanty to do when we weren't in the City, and adequately safe to allow our 15 &17 year old daughters to catch a movie and grab a bite on their own. So comfortable is the neighborhood, and compotent the staff; I got a haircut, purchased sunglasses and had drycleaning done while visiting, activities usually reserved for home!

We'll definately be returning! Thanks for the lovely stay!

• Stayed: May 2013
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Calstonz,

Thank you for your wonderful review about your stay at the Residence Inn- New Rochelle. Our staff strives to exceed our guest expectations and I am thrilled that you were able to experience our excellent customer service! Not only do we have an excellent staff but our location is great! I am happy to hear that your family was able to take advantage of NewRoc City! We look forward to you and your family visiting us in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Rochelle
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County
Residence Inn By Marriott New York The Bronx at Metro Center Atrium

Been to Residence Inn New Rochelle? Share your experiences!