“First Rate Facility”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Rochelle
CUYAHOGA FALLS
“First Rate Facility”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Conveniently located for trips to Connecticut, New Jersey, or the metropolitan NY area. This facility's rooms are spacious, modern & clean, while priced well below NYC properties. There is a lounge on an upper floor which has two computers for the use of guests and an adjacent, rather large, area where their daily free buffet is available. The buffet, with a nice selection, has the standard fare--but kept fresh with a kitchen & kitchen staff immediately at hand. There is a fitness center and also an outdoor pool. The rooms have a fully equipped kitchenette, with full sized stove, microwave & refrigerator. These really aren't 'rooms,' they are a home away from home. Staff were courteous, efficient and helpful. Parking, a nominal daily fee, it available at a large parking structure adjacent to the property--the hotel elevator will deliver you to the decks second level.

Room Tip: They are all good. But the west side rooms provide a view of New Rochelle, the east side overlooks t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Alfie26,

Your review of the Residence Inn, New Rochelle posted on Trip Advisor is greatly appreciated! Our property is certainly in a prime location making for easy travel to many locations via any form of transportation from train (station is in walking distance!) to car (all major highways within 5 minutes!) or bus!
Our on property amenities as you mentioned are plentiful and executed the MARRIOTT way! I am so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your suite, and complimentary breakfast / evening social! My team and I love to provide excellent service and I look forward to having the opportunity to meet you should your travels bring you abck to the New Rochelle area in the future!

Thank you for choosing Marriott, and for taking the time to write this wonderful review!

Danielle Stumpf * General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Westchester, New York, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Lisa, Tina, Lori lyn, Kat, and the rest of the staff were amazing. My mother, father and dog were displaced for 6 months due to Hurricane Sandy. The staff really made them feel at home. Very welcoming at all times. Beds comfortable,food and events amazing and you can have your furry friend at a small charge. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: New and renovated all great
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jamie226
Dear Jamie,

Your review is so kind! As a Marriott brand that is geared towards extended stays we often have an opportunity to get to know our guests and transform them to a part of our family. Lisa, Tina, Laurielynn, and Kat were equally as pleased to have your family stay with us for 6 months. Our goal is to make sure that when our guests are away from their own homes; that we make up for it as best we can. Our rooms are newly renovated, and offer the touches of the modern home - with beautiful new appliances, couches, & granite, but our service is truly what welcomes our guests 'home.' I personally look forward to seeing yourself and your family in the future - for a leisure visit!!

The Residence Inn Family & I wish your parents, yourself, and our favorite furry friend the very best!

Acton, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were in town for a graduation party and booked the Residence Inn at the last moment. The suite was perfect for us, roomy and relatively clean. Location was perfect for our needs. Bed was comfortable; no complaints.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Flyingsfun
Dear Flyingsfun,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott on your recent travel to the New Rochelle area! Our location is certainly one of the best! We are conveniently located within walking distance of some FABULOUS restaurants, a movie theatre, and game action zone; if you have more time free you can walk to the METRO Station and take a 20 minute ride in to the BIG APPLE! You are correct - there is no shortage of action, or things to do in our area.

Thank you for your comments on the hotel. We look forward to providing your excellent service in the future as well!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice suite/kitchenette, but the ceiling above the window in the bedroom was leaking and soaking the floor. Very nice staff, and other than that leak, my stay was fine. They also could use more cable channels. The complimentary breakfast was also a bit lacking in presentation but had good variety.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Local 28,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Residence Inn, New Rochelle on Trip Advisor! It is unfortunate you only stayed with us one night, and experienced a window leak. We were able to promptly repair the issue upon your departure of the hotel. With our newly renovated suites, it is our goal to strive past your expectations on each and every day during your stay. I am happy we were able to accommodate your stay, but hope to take our service and suites to the next level for your future stays! Please feel free to contact anyone on my management team to make a reservation should your travels bring you back this way in the future!

Thank you for choosing Marriott!!

New Haven, CT
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The sub-par experience begins after you park your car, go to the front desk to check in and learn that you need to go back to your car to put a parking ticket on the dash. Really? I think i can honestly say the lobby is the smallest I've ever seen. Our meeting room was bleak with the worst HVAC I have ever experienced in a meeting room. Our choices were to run the AC and not be able to hear each other or turn off the AC and swelter in a stuffy 80-degree room. (We chose the latter for most of the day.) To their credit, when we complained, they gave us a much better room on a much more attractive floor the next day and had no more HVAC problems. Lounge area (on the 10th floor) was big with a nice view of Long Island sound. Woman who was at front desk for most of our two days was very loud and not impressive. I was trying to debrief candidates on their way out but it was hard to have a quiet conversation with them with her bellowing at 70 decibels just a few feet away. Area around the hotel is nothing to write home about, with the exception of an amazing restaurant a few blocks away, Alvin and Friends. Sleeping room was similar to other Residence Inns -- in good condition, spacious; only complaint is that i find their beds a bit soft. Accessible room had roll-in shower. I couldn't get out of that hotel fast enough and will never return.

Room Tip: My colleague had a view of the Long Island Sounds. Request that.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay here at the Residence Inn New Rochelle. We are happy to hear, that you were able to enjoy our new renovated guests rooms. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you encountered with the parking and the trouble with the meeting room Air Condition Unit. I am happy to hear that the team was able to relocate you to a different meeting room as soon as the problem was reported.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations the next time you are in the New Rochelle area.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I've stayed at this location several times and the front desk service has been excellent every time! The problem I had was with the sales team. I left 4 voice mails and an email, but was never contacted about reserving a block of rooms for my corporation. I called again and was FINALLY able to reach a representative. The young lady was extremely pleasant once I tracked her down, but was still a bit sluggish with her follow-up correspondence. I've stayed in Marriott properties all over the country and this was by far, the worst sales service I have experienced... disappointing! Gotta step it up Res Inn - New Rochelle!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Maria C,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! Our Front Desk is a team of diamonds, and I thank you for recognizing that! Your entire experience from the point of initial contact to departure is important to myself and my team. I would like to speak with you in greater detail about the trouble you had connecting with our sales department. Should you have a free moment to discuss this matter with me further, I would love to speak with you directly!

Residence Inn, New Rochelle PH # 914.636.7888 Ext: 4018
Once again, Thank you for the review!!

Danielle Stumpf,
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Cynthia Toro our event coordinator is just great. Everytime I am there she is always so helpful. She ensures that our meeting is held without disturbance, the room is always clean and well prepared. The staff is helpful and alway there to assist. A great place to conduct business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Capt J,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about Cynthia; she is a huge asset to our sales department! Her and the rest of our staff takes pride in assuring that all events go off with out a hitch!
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Rochelle
Residence Inn By Marriott New York The Bronx at Metro Center Atrium
Courtyard Rye
Courtyard Rye
#1 of 1 in Rye

Been to Residence Inn New Rochelle? Share your experiences!