“One night-quick stay- damp”

Residence Inn New Rochelle
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Rochelle
“One night-quick stay- damp”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice suite/kitchenette, but the ceiling above the window in the bedroom was leaking and soaking the floor. Very nice staff, and other than that leak, my stay was fine. They also could use more cable channels. The complimentary breakfast was also a bit lacking in presentation but had good variety.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Local 28,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Residence Inn, New Rochelle on Trip Advisor! It is unfortunate you only stayed with us one night, and experienced a window leak. We were able to promptly repair the issue upon your departure of the hotel. With our newly renovated suites, it is our goal to strive past your expectations on each and every day during your stay. I am happy we were able to accommodate your stay, but hope to take our service and suites to the next level for your future stays! Please feel free to contact anyone on my management team to make a reservation should your travels bring you back this way in the future!

Thank you for choosing Marriott!!

Danielle Stumpf * General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
New Haven, CT
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The sub-par experience begins after you park your car, go to the front desk to check in and learn that you need to go back to your car to put a parking ticket on the dash. Really? I think i can honestly say the lobby is the smallest I've ever seen. Our meeting room was bleak with the worst HVAC I have ever experienced in a meeting room. Our choices were to run the AC and not be able to hear each other or turn off the AC and swelter in a stuffy 80-degree room. (We chose the latter for most of the day.) To their credit, when we complained, they gave us a much better room on a much more attractive floor the next day and had no more HVAC problems. Lounge area (on the 10th floor) was big with a nice view of Long Island sound. Woman who was at front desk for most of our two days was very loud and not impressive. I was trying to debrief candidates on their way out but it was hard to have a quiet conversation with them with her bellowing at 70 decibels just a few feet away. Area around the hotel is nothing to write home about, with the exception of an amazing restaurant a few blocks away, Alvin and Friends. Sleeping room was similar to other Residence Inns -- in good condition, spacious; only complaint is that i find their beds a bit soft. Accessible room had roll-in shower. I couldn't get out of that hotel fast enough and will never return.

Room Tip: My colleague had a view of the Long Island Sounds. Request that.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay here at the Residence Inn New Rochelle. We are happy to hear, that you were able to enjoy our new renovated guests rooms. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you encountered with the parking and the trouble with the meeting room Air Condition Unit. I am happy to hear that the team was able to relocate you to a different meeting room as soon as the problem was reported.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations the next time you are in the New Rochelle area.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I've stayed at this location several times and the front desk service has been excellent every time! The problem I had was with the sales team. I left 4 voice mails and an email, but was never contacted about reserving a block of rooms for my corporation. I called again and was FINALLY able to reach a representative. The young lady was extremely pleasant once I tracked her down, but was still a bit sluggish with her follow-up correspondence. I've stayed in Marriott properties all over the country and this was by far, the worst sales service I have experienced... disappointing! Gotta step it up Res Inn - New Rochelle!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Maria C,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! Our Front Desk is a team of diamonds, and I thank you for recognizing that! Your entire experience from the point of initial contact to departure is important to myself and my team. I would like to speak with you in greater detail about the trouble you had connecting with our sales department. Should you have a free moment to discuss this matter with me further, I would love to speak with you directly!

Residence Inn, New Rochelle PH # 914.636.7888 Ext: 4018
Once again, Thank you for the review!!

Danielle Stumpf,
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Cynthia Toro our event coordinator is just great. Everytime I am there she is always so helpful. She ensures that our meeting is held without disturbance, the room is always clean and well prepared. The staff is helpful and alway there to assist. A great place to conduct business.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Capt J,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about Cynthia; she is a huge asset to our sales department! Her and the rest of our staff takes pride in assuring that all events go off with out a hitch!
Westchester, New York, United States
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Excellent stay. Staff was very helpful. Place was very clean. Right across the street from the train half hour ride into the city. Nice experience. There is shopping all around as we'll. breakfast was very good and made fresh every morning. Nice quiet quaint place. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Robert S,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such great feedback! Our staff strives to exceed our guest expectations everyday and take pride in our hotel. We hope you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms as well! We look forward to having you stay with us the next time your in town!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stopped by The Residence Inn New Rochelle to talk to someone about booking a room block for my wedding. The young girl at the front desk told me there was only one person I could speak with about room blocks or looking at a room and she was busy. That was disappointing in itself, mostly because we were visiting New York for the weekend from Texas to coordinate venues and lodging. I communicated this to her and she apologized saying there was no one to help me. She offered me a sticky note and a pencil to write down my own contact information so she could pass it along (that struck me as a bit unprofessional).

Today, (3 weeks later) I was going through my purse and found the business card I picked up while I was there and realized, no one ever contacted me. This is shocking considering I was looking to book a large block of rooms. I expect more from the Marriott family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Rachida E
New York
Reviewed April 6, 2013

In all my years of travelling the staff was the best...from check in to departure..the breakfast maitre de was especially a fine ,caring lady whose bright smile was a welcome sight every morning.That being said the staff was the reason the hotel got three stars oherwise two would have been kind.First of all I don't believe this is a true Marriott..I have stayed at plenty of Marriotts and I have to believe this is owned by a franchise.To me this hotel does not meet the Marriott standard.We stayed there for seven weeks on the insurance company money so price was not the issue.We had a one bedroom suite.Nice, not bad..I had a few problems with the softness of the mattress and an issue with the wash basin in the bedroom itself rather than in the bathroom..My wife had an issue with the stove..for some reason there was no oven...hard to bake without an ovenand prepare for Passover.The single most annoying part of the room was the constant drone of the fan from the heater.If you turned off the heat you froze..if you set the heater to shut off at a certain temperature it would turn off then start rightback up...annoying if you are trying to sleep..I asked the engineer about the problem and he told me that everyone was aware of this problem but the general manager decided not to change the system"it is too expensive".Let's now discuss the computers..there are two computers with two printers.For the first three plus weeks the printers did not work......I was told "they were waiting for ink cartridges"...two miles away is Staples maybe they might be able to help?.The reality is the printers and computers re in my estimation at least three to four years old and should have been junked a long time ago..This is not the Marriott way..The elevators are a disaster.There are two.You have to qickly put room key into slot to get to room..try doing that with packages.Not only that if you are too slow you are whisked to another floor...Music.In the area around the elevators and in the two common bathrooms you are subjugated to miserable loud music...(I think American Idol reject songs)Unfortunately ,we were at the Marriott when they were undergoing reconstruction...It was a little unsettling to have to ride elevators with workmen and their massive amounts of equipment..however the crew were nice and doing their jobs.......Then one day we were informed we had to leave our room from 8-5 so that they could put in granite tops and they wanted to do this before Easter..This bothered me because it was Passover..we finally were able to reach a day that was satisfactory to all.....As a point of interest there never was made available Matzah during Passover which again is not the Marriott way ..I spent Passover in East Lansing and there were Matzahs available...Breakfast was a homerun..I dont think it could be better......you name it it was there....of course no Matzahs....The dinner ..lets say forget about it....The only worthy thing to eat was the salad and cookies...who wants mac and cheese or chef Boyardi ravioli..or inedible hotdogs...they should just stick with breakfast and not embarrass themself with dinner...Finally parking..8dollars a day and you can park on one of three levels..of course the primary one is almost always filled..the secondary one was used for staging the reconstruction ..you can imagine the flying dust...no extra charge for that........oh one last thing even though we were on 9th floor there was plenty of ambient street noise..across street there is a firehouse..and then my favorite the railroad trains..think Cousin Vinney and you get the idea...oh one more thing the television selection channels ..not so good..no local sports staitons and two HBO..you cant even purchase a movie..I know the answer to that there is a movie complex with maybe 15 theaters....Perhaps I am being a little picky but this Marriott is not a real Marriott.

Room Tip: Away from elevators but no too far...the higher the floor the better
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Twostate,

Thank you for your review today for the Residence Inn, New Rochelle. The Marriott name is one that I work for with great pride, and the Residence Inn brand is specialized to have guests such as yourself stay with us for an extended stay. Our goal is to help you thrive when you stay with us. First and foremost I would like to thank you for your lovely compliments regarding my team. I will be happy to share your review with them and thank them for their service to you. With that said I am dissapointed to hear we were not able to exceed all of your expectations. I can understand your frustration with the set up of the vanity outside of the bathroom, and the fact that you had no oven in the room. When the hotel was built, the rooms were configured to have half of them have ovens. I hope that you were able to enjoy that your room was equipped with a new cooktop, with the new stainless steel appliances and settings for 4. Since you were here for our renoavtion, I would like to apologize for any dispruptance in your stay. Ensuring that the granite was completed in all of our rooms was a priority for us, however Easter was not the purpose for the rush. I understand that you were here to celebrate Passover with your family, and that is why we did offer a choice of days and times to all of our guests. We made a strong effort to complete our renovation to 100% satisfaction for our guests while causing you little to no trouble. As for the heat in the room, it is a bit different than one that would be used in a home and does turn back on when the room drops below your desired temperature. We are not looking to replace the system at this time, as it does function properly, and does heat/cool the room well.
My number one priority for my guests and my team is the safety and security in the hotel. The purpose of the key pass in the elevator is to ensure that only registered guests of the hotel may enter.
Your words of kindness regarind my breakfast team, and breakfast set up were especially touching. I look forward to having our morning meeting tomorrow so I can shine the light on their level of service. We are sure to thank and promote service such as theirs and look forward to putting out a beautiful spread each morning.

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Now that our renovation is complete, I am quite certain we would exceed your expectations in every way. My Leadership Team and I are taking each one of your points and working to improve the guest experience even further.

If you ever have a reason to stay with us again, I would be happy to serve you. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is ever anything I can do to be of assistance.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Rochelle
Residence Inn By Marriott New York The Bronx at Metro Center Atrium
Courtyard Rye
Courtyard Rye
#1 of 1 in Rye

Been to Residence Inn New Rochelle? Share your experiences!