“Nice family run restaurant”
Review of Spadaro

Spadaro
Ranked #11 of 191 Restaurants in New Rochelle
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Costa Mesa, California
“Nice family run restaurant”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent quality Italian food. Best to visit sometime other than Friday or Saturday evenings. Busy evenings are very crowded, noisy, and quality of food is not quite as good at peak times.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank JAdventurer

New Rochelle, New York, United States
“Delicious...”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just like grandma used to make...and better. Beautiful antipasti, fresh pasta, flavorful meats, and authentic desserts. They prove that its all about the ingredients. With no menu, it feels like family is suggesting what would be good for you. Its not just same old and traditional -though traditional is their specialty. From squid in pasta and pumpkin ravioli to spaghetti and veal, Spadaro delivers in every way.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank GregggInzinna
New York City, New York
“splendid”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

this is the really italian restaurant the food is very good, i was here a few time at lunch and dinner and i after to say that a dinner time the pasta is impecable al dente and i ask why, they told me that at dinner chef Franco is there. But this is excellent restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank aldebaran_13
New Rochelle, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“amazing food!!! homey expierence!!! but....”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect at first while visiting Spadaro for the first time, but I left with a new favorite Italian restaurant!! There are no menus, that is because it is "family" style, they want to make you feel at your grand mothers house for Sunday lunch. The entrees are to share, everyone generally eats the same plate at the table (that is because that is the same way it would be at your mothers home) so make sure every one wants the same thing! They have no freezer, the "menu" does change but for the most part you can generally ask for anything if they have the ingrediants they will make it. My major BUT is because what the people running it didnt realize is that I am from Italian decent, and I know the language, so when they talk about me and my boyfriend, accusing us of smoking and talking foolishly I will get offended. We also had to ask our waiter for the check, ask about dessert, and ask for more water ect. Despite his over all very friendly and warm attitude there were some flaws. Over all I do plan on coming back often! The price is reasonable, we got an artichoke to start that was 10, ravioli that was to DIE FOR!! for two people 22, and a cheesecake amoretto to share for 10, no wine or soda, and a basket of bread (that we had to ask for because the waiter didnt bring it at first). But for a dinner for two and to spend 55 with tip and be fully satisfied, I am not complaining. Although they did make me feel stupid and bad when they spoke about us behind our back in Italian.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank sdm1103
New Rochelle, New York
“Don't Come Here Unless You Are Really Hungry”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Yes it is in a strip mall. Yes the tables are entirely too close together. Yes there is no printed menu so you don't know what anything costs. Yes this encourages you to order too much food. So what.
Down home, excellent Italian food meant to be shared. For six people, ordering way too much (especially appetizers) and sharing two bottles of wine, the cost was $570 including tip. A cheap night out it was not. No one though felt cheated. The food is really that good. Fabulous burrata, great cheeses, wonderful eggplant, delicious pastas (the best bolognese anywhere), fabulous shrimp, delicious desserts. Even the wine without the benefit of a menu or pricing was quite good.
This was my first time here despite living in the neighborhood for 7 years. I'll be back very soon.

• Visited March 2013