“Family style Italian in New Rochelle”
Review of Spadaro

Spadaro
Ranked #18 of 193 Restaurants in New Rochelle
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Friendly staff tell what you there is, then you choose, and then you enjoy. Unique pasta combinations in the spring and well prepare simple meat and fish dishes.

There are newer reviews for Spadaro

Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a very popular, local place that pulls a packed room even on a Thursday night and still persists with that annoying practice of having no written menu, despite the fact that the place is so small that one blackboard would suffice. We enjoyed our proscuitto appetizers but found the mozzerello cheese to be a bit watery for our taste.

My lamb ragu with pasta was ideal-5 stars if I had to rate alone and so filling that I brought half home. We though that the veal chops were a little too thin for our taste and that Lusardi's in Larchmont did this much better. Quite noisy when packed but very warm atmosphere

Reviewed March 8, 2012

I went to Spadaro for dinner last week. I had a 8pm reservation, which meant nothing, I had to wait for my table. Finally when I was seated this obnoxious and rude kid comes over to wait on us. He had an attitude and I had to ask him repeatedly for some bread. In addition to lack of bread, we had no water refills. This kid, I think his name was Francisco or something took our beverage order and never came back to ask us what we wanted to eat. A woman finally comes over after what seemed like an hour, and she arrogantly proceeds to tell me what I should eat! I later find out she is the owner. She should take lessons in etiquette and learn how to speak to people. The service here is horrendous, and the workers, including the owner is rude. The food is very expensive. I have friends who come here and they said every time they eat here they get charged different prices for the same entree. i would not recommend this restaurant at all.

4  Thank j p
Reviewed February 24, 2012

My wife and I went to Spadaro's for dinner last night because of all the great reviews and things people have said....and they were all right! This place is tucked away in a strip mall and could easily be passed up because of its location. The staff/owners all speak italian (very well) and are very accomodating and warm. There are no menus because the items change regularly with the season and availability since they do not have a freezer and everything is made fresh that day. Being Italian myself, I was skeptical about the quality, but again very surprised. We had Cavatelli with arugula, cherry tomatoes and light red sauce to start followed by a whole grilled Branzino and finished with White Tiramisu (use cranberry juice instead of espresso). Each dish was amazing and perfectly cooked. Also, they did not rush us or bring out our next course until we were completely finished with the one we were eating. Food is very authentic and fresh!!!! We loved this place. Only down side is the place is small and tables are close together but the food is well worth it!

1  Thank rossij22
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Spadaro reminds me of being in Italy -- the service is very slow, in true Italian style. Tables are very close together in this small, strorefront location. The owners welcome you like family. The bread basket is delightful, and the menu is different every day, depending on the freshest items they have available. No set favorites here, just consistently wonderful food in the old Italian tradition. If you don't mind the limited elbow room, it's definitely worth a visit!