“Italian restaurant that doesn't know how to make marinara sauce”
Review of Spadaro

Spadaro
Ranked #19 of 194 Restaurants in New Rochelle
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2011

If you own a Italian restaurant you better know how to make a marinara sauce. I was very disapointed with the food and service. I will not go back to this place

2  Thank philj335

Reviewed September 24, 2011

Excellent appetizers. Pastas overcooked, good sauces though. One wrong order brought to table. Wines overpriced and not very good. No wine list, just get up and peruse wines placed behind tables full of people. No menu, just told what is available for next course when finished with previous course. Too many people for the space, uncomfortable at any table. Eight of us skipped main course because all that was available had to be grilled, could not get anything any other way. "Fresh" ricotta cheesecake was frozen in center. The eight of us were somewhat disappointed, especially with all the rave reviews. Sorry to burst their bubble but none of us will be back and cannot recommend Spadaro to others.

3  Thank Ttldomination
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Tried this restaurant for the first time for our Anniversary. The restaurant is small, reservations are needed. Autentic Italian food. Appetizers were great - Eggplant parm and tomato and mozzerella - delicious! You can select any pasta with any sauce. We split a past with meat sauce - we loved it. Shared Veal Chop - so tasty it was unbelievable. Even the side of string beans was delicious. Shared Ameratto Cheese cake - it was heaven! We had left overs for each course. Plenty of food - you order one course at a time and can stop at any time. Didn't have wine and the bill was $100. Well worth it for a great meal. No menu - Appetizers run about $16 - pasta $22, Veal - $28. You have to try it!

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We come here all the time.

Amazing food and amazing staff. Some of the best italian you will ever have.

Family style meals. Fantastic place!

Reviewed May 2, 2011

I thought I didn't like Italian food. Then I tried it in Italy and realized I loved it; I just didn't like the American version of it. That's why I was skeptical when a friend recommended Spadaro. It's a tiny, unpretencious family place. The husband works the kitchen, creating miracles of taste; the wife serves the tables, creating miracles of hospitality. We felt at home even before we were seated. The portions are huge. The three of us shared three insalati, one pasta course, and two main courses, and we overate! The food, including the deserts was exceptionally good -- as good as you can expect from the best restaurant in Rome. The wine selection is amazing. Make sure you try their carbonara -- it was by far the best carbonara I've ever tasted.