“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Don Coqui - CLOSED

Don Coqui
Cuisines: Latin, Puerto Rican, American, Caribbean, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Visited for drinks and dinner. Experience, food, and music was great until about 9:00pm. After 9:00 the place is transformed into a make do disco lounge without forewarning to paying customers. Bouncers, waiters and waitresses turn disrespectful and selfish to clear the place for an underage and loud crowd. We all felt disinvited, not welcomed and rushed. It is a shame!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Orlando F

New Rochelle, New York
“Groupon Dinner for four”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

A couple of things noted. . . . . . ..1). Dinner at 6 pm on Sunday. The music all in English and a mix of 80's, 90's and 2000's was way too loud. Loud music in a night club: cool. Loud music at diner so you had to yell across the table : annoying. 2) Women diners were all nicely dressed. Men with Jeans, basketballs shorts showing underwear, sneakers, shower shoes, T shirts and one shirt all wrinkles just out of the drier. . ..what gives? Show some respect for the woman you are with and dress as nicely as she does.

We had a Goupon dinner for four: one bottle of wine, two appetizers and four main dishes. We chose the Pinot Grigio and Yucca rapped Pernil (not dry). We got 12 pieces presented like sushi rolls Three liked this a lot and one thought it was not spicy enough. The other appetizer was the calamari. . ..a huge portion. Very good and not rubbery or chewy. Two chose the Pernil for dinner and both liked it a lot. Each portion would feed 3 people. One red snapper: mushy and tasteless and one fried coconut shrimp and tostones. . .8 of each. I ate 3 and took 5 of each home. I thought this was very good.

Our water was Angel. He was very thorough and efficient. He explained the menu in English and answered questions in Spanish when asked. And he translated to English, although this was not necessary.

We did not use valet parking. We walked from home and did not use the Ladies room so we did not encounter any of these oft mentioned problems. The Men's room was fine.

Bottom line A nice Sunday dinner

• Visited May 2014
Bronx, New York
“WORST experience of my life!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

Today is my mother'sbirthday and as a family we all wanted to take her to dinner. Decided on this restaurant, first we were charged 20 dollars to park, we were greeted by the rudest man, he didn't smile once, didn't even say welcome just asked for IDs. Then he says my brother cannot eat in bc of sneakers. We came to dinner to celebrate my mothers bday not to party! He say her ID as proof it was her bday but that didn't matter, he could care less. He called for his boss, we waited 20 min for a nasty rude man to walk up to is looking us up and down then says 'we could take our money elsewhere' I then said we parked to pay and need a refund he says that's a different company. This is the type of business you run with disgusting employees? Never will I give this establishment a dime and I will make certain to tell all my family and friends of the awful treatment we experienced on my mothers bday, you should be ashamed of yourself and you call yourself a family owned business you don't have a clue about family and how to treat people. I am utterly disgusted!

Visited May 2014
7 Thank Sherell2
New York City, New York
“NEVER AGAIN!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We visited Don Coqui and were very disappointed! The bathroom was filthy and the service was horrible. I ordered the fried yucca wraps and the pork was very dry..the staff rushes you out and the DJ played out dated music; we listened to "My Girl" twice during our meal. I can't believe they advertise this place as sleek and elegant!! Their squeeky wood floors need an upgrade.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank madeline n
Jaleene R, Manager at Don Coqui, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Hello Madeline,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about Don Coqui-- New Rochelle. We want to apologize for the experience your received on your visit with us, and assure you that we have taken steps so that lapses such as the ones mentioned do not occur again. Don Coqui is a family owned and operated business, we pride ourselves on excellent service and cleanliness. We hope you give us another try. Please contact me directly (Jaleene@DonCoqui.tv) so that we can discuss this issue further, and so that I can personally invite you back as my guest.

Thank you again!
Jaleene R.
New Rochelle, New York
“Never Again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

We arrived and were greeted by someone who didn't seem to know what was going on, we sent back our appetizer, the fish smelled so bad that I had to sit it on another table to get it away from me, we had to stand up and wave to get our servers attention, it was not a good deal at all and when we left, my husband gave the guy in the parking lot two dollars to get our car that was just a FEW feet away from us and he stopped, looked down at the money, looked back up at us with a snarl and then looked back at the money as if to say, "that's all you're giving me" to drive our car a few feet, it was awful! Horrible all around, food was not good, service was not good, and the valet was rude, never again!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Babsigns
Jaleene R, Manager at Don Coqui, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Hello Babsigns,

I want to sincerely apologize for your experience with us. Don Coqui is a family owned and operated business, and customer feedback is exceptionally important to us. We have already taken the necessary steps to ensure that the lapses you experienced do not occur again. In addition we have spoken to the owner of the Valet Company to ensure their staff also produces the effective, and efficient service that Don Coqui prides itself on. Thank you for brining this to our attention-- we hope that you would give us another opportunity to show you what Don Coqui is all about. Please contact me directly (Jaleene@DonCoqui.tv) so that I can invite you back as a personal guest of mine.

Jaleene R.