“Birthday”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
NY
“Birthday”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I was waiting with my family watching people get the entrance in front of us. After one hour people on the line were only adults more than 35 years. Unfortunately they admit only young people and short skirts. I learned the lesson, never again. I heard about this situation here before.

2 Thank Monika46

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was a perfect night for all of us!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We can honestly say thank you Mario for your superior service we received while dining at your establishment last night. Thank you so much for your outstanding professionalism and warm hospitality shown to our group who attended your restaurant on Monday, February 17. Mario without a doubt went above and beyond to make sure our experience was the best it could be and it sure was. The meals were delicious and the bartender prepared us the most incredible drinks! I was impress by both, the drinks and how she was able to remember each one us our name.
It is service like this that will keep us coming back to your restaurant again and again.
Yours truly,
the best well behave teachers!

• Visited February 2014
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“My friends Birthday!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The food was very good, prices for the food not bad, prices for drinks way to expensive, $8 for a beer! and a glass of wine $9.75. I had grilled shrimp which it was delicious. The music was awful, no salsa or any other Spanish music, the reason we went there, we asked the DJ and he put 2 songs and went back to American music, hiphop/soul music, I didn't go there for that. Some ghetto woman came over looking for trouble with one of our friends, we left because we are decent people. I won't go there again. I went to the DC website and they make you believe that this is 1 100% Spanish restaurant but some staff don't speak Spanish at all and the music stinks.

• Visited January 2014
White Plains, New York
“Sunday 1/26/14 at Don Coqui”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The food was without any doubt good but not amazing like I expected. I don't care about large portions, what I really want is QUALITY that is something they do not offer. I ordered pork chops with white rice and black beans but the waiter brought the pork chops with tasteless yellow rice and brown sauce for the chops. I told the waiter about it and he was not too accommodating. My husband ordered chicken and rice with peas which was good. and my sister's soup was tasty.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank GogRiCh
New York City, New York
“Surprisingly Bad”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Stopped on here on a late Saturday afternoon because I enjoy Puerto Rican cuisine.

Was recommended a platter that was the most popular and was basically a big plate of various fried food. I knew something wasn't right especially when the person I was with who is from Puerto Rico barely ate. She said it was just bad. Seems like it was refried. The server saw that we didn't eat it, but didn't ask if everything was ok.

I may return to the Astoria or White Plains location for a drink and the nightlife, but as far as food goes, I think I'm all set.

Sorry