“Finger tasting food to die for”
Review of Don Coqui - CLOSED

Don Coqui
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Finger tasting food to die for”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

When I go to heaven I hope they have food like this. Sooooo goooood, finger tasting..

Absolutely love the restaurant. I treated my sister and husband and our family to dinner for her birthday here in December.

• Visited August 2013

Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Great Food and Experience”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My friend absolutely loves this restaurant, so when we were headed to NYC for a show I decided this would be the night to try the food for myself. I was well familiar with the location as I had dined there when it was previously owned, so I was hoping that the food lived up to my expectations and it did!

We were sat in the middle of the restaurant and immediately began to enjoy the atmosphere and the bread and spreads on the table. I had the most delicious sangria that I'd had in a while so I was glad that I didn't have to drive that night!

I ordered the chicken empanadas for my appetizers and grilled wild salmon for my entree. I had also ordered the black beans, but I neglected to ask if they were prepared with pork and they were, so I had to send that back. I could sense that the server was slightly irritated, but not enough to negatively impact my mood or his. I apologized that I forgot to ask (I normally do, so I chalk it up to the sangria!) and he took it off the table and all was well.

The portions are so large that we all had food left over and it was equally as delicious the next day. I will return to Don Coqui… and hopefully I won't have to drive so I can enjoy another sangria!

• Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed December 2, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My sister and I treated my mother and our family to dinner for her birthday here in September. The food attested great and the portions were huge! Drinks were also fresh and different. The only thing that could of been improved was the service provided by the waiters. It may have been that they were understaffed that day (it was a national holiday). For a party of 7, our hill came out to about $400 including gratuity.

Visited September 2013
Somers, New York
“Gluten Free Optinions”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

It has been very hard to go out to dinner with my wife who has celiac but Don Coqui has a special menu that allows her to have a tremendous selection. They are very accommodating. Food came out beautifully and it is always fun to go there on someone's birthday!!

Visited October 2013
Mamaroneck, New York
“Awesome”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Don Coqui is becoming one of my favorite places. The food is really good; the drinks are always strong; and music is on point..

Visited October 2013