“Food is good and place is okay.”
Review of Don Coqui - CLOSED

Don Coqui
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our first time to eat at Don Coqui. The food is not dissapointing. It's pretty good. The portion is big. The price is reasonable.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I can actually say that the food is great and authentic. It does remind me of my mom and grandmother's food. Not everyone likes puertorican food even if they are puertorican but I love it. Their's nothing better than going out and having home made food in a fancy restaurant. I give Don Coqui an A-PLUS in everything. The decor is really nice. Their drinks are right on especially that coconut martini !!! IT TASTE GREAT.... I've had every dish on their menu. My favorite is the pernil with moro. Second best would be the paella. So if you are visiting new york stop by Don Coqui the food is AMAZING you won't regreat it.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Went there this past Saturday (3/30/2013), day before Easter I might add. From others that have went, I know that the evenings are catered more towards a party atmosphere, especially the weekends. So we opted for an early saturday evening dinner..closer to 5:00.

There were three of us, and although the place was packed already and there was a baby shower going on, we were seated immediately. Our waiter was at our table immediately and took our drink orders. I had the Sexy Island Punch... this drink was DELICIOUS and worth every bit of the $15 price tag! That's saying alot for me, because i tend to think that most resturants over charge for their watered down drinks! We also shared the calamaria for appetizer, which I wasn't overly impressed with, but it was ok.

For dinner I choose the Salmon, which came with mashed potatoes, and was ok as well. One of my friends ordered the seafood stew! I sat in envy as their dinner was delivered and couldn't resist from taking a fork or two from their plate! It was delicious and crammed with seafood!

Parking was a breeze, because it's all valet parking... so there was just a tip involved. The decor was sophsiticated, from the exposed brick walls to the high ceilings. The tables were a little close together, but not uncomfortable... I actually liked it, because I got a chance to look at some of the other meals that were delivered to the other tables and get ideas for the next time... and there will definitely be a next time!!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Went to Don Coqui for restaurant week on 3/21/13, the place was pack but service was fast. We got the family size appetizer which was delicious with red sangria. I was already full from that. Then my entree came, felt like I was served the whole pork shoulder. The pork was tender & very flavorful. It tasted like a homemade meal. I was amazed by the portion size. My sister ordered the baked chicken which was also delicious. After 10pm, there was a live band. People on the dance floor dancing salsa. It was very entertaining. Went home told all my friends about Don Coqui. Can't wait to go back. Great job to all the staff!

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The place is big and the style chic and trendy, something completely different of a typical Puerto Rican restaurant. The service wast fast. We ordered and in lest than 15 minutes the food was on the table. The price is a little high, but the plates are huge!!! One plate is good enough for two people... The most important thing (the food) it was delicious. I recommend this place and it also has a bar and a club upstairs.