“I'm ready to visit Peru!”
Review of Cholo's Kitchen - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cholo's Kitchen
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Hubby & I went to this small, cozy place last Saturday evening for a simple, enjoyable dinner. It was our first time here. The place itself is colorful and fun without being overbearing. Numerous pictures and posters on the walls, flowers, craft items, easy latin music playing in the background - just a delight for us.
My hubby ate the Papa Rellena for appetizer ( mashed potatoe stuffed with beef, olives and spices, shaped into a ball and then deep fried) and for entree, he ate Lomo Saltado (Sauteed steak with onions, tomatoes, tangy sauce & French fries). I ate the Tamal appetizer (Cornmeal stuffed with chicken, onion & olive) with the Slatado de Pollo for dinner (Chicken sautéed with onions, tomatoes & French fries). For drinks we had, Inca Kola (Yellow Peruvian Soda) and Chicha Morada (Authentic sweet Peruvian drink made from purple corn and pineapple). They offer daily lunch & dinner specials, desserts and Peruvian beer as well. Portions were well-sized. Located just down the block from the New Rochelle Public Library, with public parking steps away.
The people were very nice and attentive. The flavors were great! The atmosphere was homey, light, just pleasant. You have to check it out. Visit their website for pictures, details & menu items. We loved it here. My husband kept saying we need to visit Peru!

2  Thank Steffie326