“Charming and food always good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cholo's Kitchen - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cholo's Kitchen
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
New Rochelle, New York
“Charming and food always good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We've always had a really good meal at a good price at Cholo's. The place is very pleasant with very cool posters on the wall and it feels genuine, not like a typical restaurant you will find anywhere. The staff is always helpful. I love the tomato and avocado salad, as well as the cerviche. i definitely recommend this place.

• Visited September 2012

edgewater,nj
“ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

My friend, who travels a lot, lways goes to this restaurant when she is in Westchester. She has been here at least a dozen times,so she took me to this local cute restaurant. I wish I could say I understand why, becuse I found it just ok. I did not tell her my feelings...but.. for example, she ordered a carafe of Sangria ( it was served not full) at $24.??the young waitor, anxious to please? approached us several times for order, although clearly we were not ready..still analyzing the menu. I found this slightly irritating.
one appetizer, $ 6 ( Tamal) which I've had elsewhere, .. tasty but dry. . Her steak ordered med rare, was long, large and very rare($20)... I wanted grilled shrimp. only 1 choice with pineapple.
( ugg) so ordered fried shrimp, not greasy but also smaller than I've had elewhere. fried green plantain was also not greasy , lots one desert, Tes leches, very good, and the bill ? $ 96 after tip. what ? I thought it not a good value. I also didn't mention it to my friend, but in my neighborhood when I have eaten at a restauant a dozen times, the staff is more personable.. more like family.! This sense was not present here in this small place. Timing: we arrived at 7:20 on a weekday night, and someplace after 9,..maybe 9:20 the chairs were on the tables and we were absolutely out of there whether we were ready or not.

p.s.
today I found this restaurant on restaurant . com . I called my friend to ask her if she knew, and she said she used a coupon twice at this place .. the owner approached her- he told her he would never honor them again..it wasn't working for him. That was many months ago (. she has used a coupon 2 x only out of 12..) and yet, I see this restaurant is still on their site. why didn't the restaurant or the retaurant.com edit this. hmmm.

• Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“Great food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband I really enjoyed our time at Cholo's Kitchen. We've eaten there twice now and both times the food was awesome. The service was good, the food excellent! Visit this place if you are in town, it's got character and you won't be disappointed! It is closed one day a week...though that day changes in the summer. Call beforehand. They also accept restaurant.com gift certificates, I believe.

• Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
“This Place Is Always Great! Fresh Food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

I went to the number one restaurant in NEW ROCHELLE recently, the portions are large and very fresh. I shared and apitizer and we both got salads, mine had chicken.

The service was very good. Also the prices are good. You can't miss this place. Not only that but there is no Peruvian food in westchester better than here.
THIS IS A VERY POPULAR SPOT SO MAKE SURE YOU MAKE A RESERVATION.

I WILL COME BACK SOON!!!!!

3 Thank Andrew43234
New York
“Great food, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

We've been to Cholo's a few times now and we've always been happy with the food. My favorites are any of the steak dishes. When you're first seated, you're given a little bowl of dried corn - it's super tasty and holds you over til your food comes.

The decor is very cute - all old movie posters, mirrors and interesting tid bits

The only things I've found that I didn't like are the yuca fries (they seem frozen) and the sangria. I wanted to like the Sangria so bad, but at this point I've tasted the red and the white and I just don't like it.

• Visited May 2012