“Call it like it is! Food was very good but if something rubs you the wrong way!”
Review of Gnarly Vine

Gnarly Vine
Ranked #28 of 194 Restaurants in New Rochelle
Good for: Romantic
Description: A sophisticated wine bar with a Manhattan feel. Offering inventive small plates and a tantalizing wine menu.
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I have been using coupons from Restaraunt.Come and recently had a chance to try out the Gnarly Vine. I use these coupons to try new restaraunts and if I enjoy the restaraunt then I revisit that restaraunt as a regular stop
The coupon had no restrictrictions on it other than having to spend a specific amount of money which I had no problem doing.
Prior to ordering dinner I presented the coupon to the waitress who brought it to her boss, manager, or owner I could not be sure.
When the waitress returned she explained to me that they stopped participating with Restaraunt.com in January.
We decided to stay and order dinner but after doing so I looked down and realized the certificate was purchased in Decemeber which should have been honored. I once again approaced the waitress in a very nice manner and questioned the discrepancy. She went back to the boss, manager, and or owner and this is when the this person approched my table and told me that it didn't matter and that they do not take these coupons any longer and are no longer associated.
Well the food was very good, little on the high to average prices but to me attitude is everything beyond the meal.
I contacted Restaraunt.com who were very nice and exchanged my certificate for another one of equal value but at the same time informed me that they were never notified that this restaraunt were no longer affiliated.

As a matter of fact to this day which is a few months later Gnarly Vine certificates are available on Restaraunt..com site So I don't know if they were slow that week and didn't feel that they could afford to honor this coupon or not. But believe it could have been handled differently.

I never did make a fuss that day, just disipointed in the management!

2  Thank couldbefoodcritic

Reviewed December 27, 2009

A very special place with excellent food, interesting and carefully chosen wines, and a wonderful atmosphere. This is the kind of place Westchester, and the rest of the country, really needs. A place with great, innovative cooking, and most important, a truly welcoming atmosphere to everyone.

We've been coming here for about a year now, and have never had a bad meal, or a bad bottle of wine.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 6, 2008

Adorable place! Owner was not the friendliest but the rest of the staff was gracious. They do not have a real kitchen so they only serve small plates but they are delicious. Great wine list!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook