“Unique experience here in Westchester”
Review of Gnarly Vine

Gnarly Vine
Ranked #21 of 200 Restaurants in New Rochelle
Good for: Romantic
Description: A sophisticated wine bar with a Manhattan feel. Offering inventive small plates and a tantalizing wine menu.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a different food and wine experience than any other place here in Westchester. Definitely worth a night out. We went out looking for a place to have drinks and stumbled on the place. 3 of the 4 are wine drinkers and loved some if the wine they offered that night. I am the non wine drinker, had a good selction of craft beer i enjoyed. We are told the wines do change often and are seasonal along with the food offering. We had the meat and cheese board that had very nice portions if cheese and meat. It was more than enough for the four of us to enjoy.
Only complaint is the food service is slow, a factor of the tiny open kitchen they work from. Just gave us a chance to enjoy more wine and good company.
We look forward to going back soon.

1  Thank IrishDad2Kids

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Have been going since it opened we have never been disappointed. Great food and wine Willie is an excellent host. He knows his wine and food great spot to chill out and relax ! Very nice wine selection and educated staff. All the food is great especially the cheese and meat selections. Try it you'll love it

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The wine menu is quite good and fairly (not cheaply) priced. The food is worth four stars. I went with my wife and we had four small plates, all good, some very good, and a glass of wine each. Why the one star review then? Slowwwwwwwwwwww. Unbelievably slow. It is not the waiter/waitress who you see often enough. It is the kitchen. Our four small plates arrived every thirty minutes. When we were an hour and fifteen minutes into this marathon we asked "could you bring our last two plates and a check". Well what happened, one plate comes out ten minutes later and the other another thirty minutes later. It was almost like the twilight zone, surreal. Ruined the experience and hard to picture going back unless it is just for a glass or two of wine.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Oh man is it hot out. The Gnarly Vine, on the other hand, is cool as can be. Exposed brick, hardwood, sweet tunes and a really good A/C.
Me and my honey were in the mood for some light food and some drinks. We have passed this place often and had heard good things. So we dressed loose and headed out. We were very glad we did. The wine and food menus were written on chalkboards. The wines are varied, ten or so each of reds and whites all priced $9-12 or so. We had a Melange Blanc on the recommendation of our waitress. It was very good, dry and semi-sweet as promised.
For eats the same blackboards have about 20 small (not that small) plates of everything from fish tacos to a cured meats and cheese platter to inventive pizzas and chilled shellfish samplers. We started with a Serrano ham and fresh mission fig plate and a field green, shaved Reggiano and balsamic glaze. The ham was poorly sliced, too thick and saw toothed, but tasty none the less. The salad was fresh and well dressed. They both came with warm, crusty bread.
Then came those Baja fish tacos. A tender piece of tilapia, shredded lettuce, chunky guacamole and cilantro wrapped in crunchy flour tortillas. Three to an order (nothing small here) with a creamy chipotle sauce. Finally we had a chorizo quesadillas. Diced chorizo, cheese and chipotle sauce. Good, but a let down after those slamming tacos!
We really had a great time. We ate, drank, laughed and ate some more. The server was pleasant, professional and helpful. The bill was reasonable. It is only open from 5-10 pm and as a chef, I envy them. Gnarly indeed.....

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was a great place! My boyfriend and I stopped in one evening and were unsure of what food to order along with our wine. The waitress suggested the shrimp ceviche nachos and they were delicious! We loved them and even ordered an additional order to go! Not only was the food tasty but the staff was incredible. I left my wallet in the restaurant, the staff held it for me, and returned it with all of my valuables in it. I can't thank them enough for their kindness... we will definitely be back! Thank you again everyone at Gnarly Vine!