2,282 results
All reviews rocking chairs ice skating victorian room overnight guests three meals a day kids club hiking trails spa treatments indoor pool working fireplace buffet style tennis courts smiley family horseback riding visited mohonk lemon squeeze carriage lounge
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

This is the first time we visited and you can bet we will be back! We loved every aspect of this trip. My kids (9,7 and 4) have decided they love rock climbing! I just can’t get over the views from every spot in the house; the amount and intensity of activities they have available. It wasn’t just a hike that my kids got to do but a scramble. Once they did the Labryinth that was all they wanted to do. We went on to do Arching Rock and Giant Workshop. On top of the climbing, the grounds of the hotel are so beautiful. The lake swim is so fantastic - my 9 year old and I did it together. This trip taught me so much about how adventurous my kids are. Thank you for these great experience so, Mohonk. You can bet we will be back! Ps- lobster back at the granary is awesome!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Lamjed2930
Reviewed July 18, 2018

My extended family has been coming here for years for reunions, getaways and special occasions. Therefore, I figured it was time for a review.

My Wife and I decided a few years back to start a tradition to celebrate both of our birthdays in MoHonk (once with kids and once without) and have never been disappointed. The staff is very helpful and the grounds are meticulously maintained. The rustic feel / vibe allow us to feel very removed from our hectic city lifestyle. We love all of the seasonal activities and never miss the long beautiful hikes through the trails. The kids love the pool, lake activities and walks.

We hope to continue this tradition forever!

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed July 18, 2018

One of my favorite spots, especially for a getaway close to NYC and the metropolitan area. The rooms are varied and updated, many with fireplaces. The grounds are exceptional with 12 month a year activities. Hiking, nature walks and bird watching with Michael the in house naturalist are enjoyable and educational, canoeing and paddle boarding in warm weather and even a small sand beach for the sunbathers. The food is varied and caters to most tastes and orientation - vegan, gluten free, to meat and potatoes. The is a well stocked library for easy fireside reading and most nights there is a special activity or movie. The spa is one of the finest I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy. It is set off to one side of the property for absolute serenity and relaxation. The staff is more than accommodating and will tend to your every need. Mohonk is also wonderful for larger family getaways and reunions. One of my favorite spots and one that I return to regularly.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed July 18, 2018

Awesome resort not far from NYC with great food and lots of hiking trails. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Wonderful for couples, families and reunions. My sister and I wanted a convenient getaway in a relaxing atmosphere, yet with lots of activities should we want them. Mohonk Mountain Resort was perfect!!

Room tip: rooms on the upper floors with views of the lake are best!
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank krichards1201
Reviewed July 17, 2018

Been there and Stayed there a few times...... Its really a beautiful place.... more for couples than for the whole family (my opinion)....... Nice trails for walk..... just simply beautiful...... but since it became a landmark it became way to expensive and the price does not justify the place.

Date of stay: August 2017
3  Thank Piconator1972
Barbara S, General Manager at Mohonk Mountain House, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Hello Piconator1972,

Thank you for your kind words about the beauty of Mohonk and the trail network! It sounds like you have fond memories of staying here.

We received our National Historic Landmark designation in 1986; and, over the last 32 years, we have made significant capital investments in our property (including the addition of the award-winning spa), enhancing the experience for our guests. Overnight rates at Mohonk may appear higher than other accommodations; however, we are unique in that three meals daily and a vast array of guided activities and outdoor recreation are included in our rates.

With appreciation,