2,280 results
All reviews rocking chairs ice skating victorian room overnight guests three meals a day kids club smiley family hiking trails indoor pool spa treatments working fireplace buffet style tennis courts horseback riding visited mohonk lemon squeeze carriage lounge
Reviewed July 18, 2018

One of my favorite spots, especially for a getaway close to NYC and the metropolitan area. The rooms are varied and updated, many with fireplaces. The grounds are exceptional with 12 month a year activities. Hiking, nature walks and bird watching with Michael the in house naturalist are enjoyable and educational, canoeing and paddle boarding in warm weather and even a small sand beach for the sunbathers. The food is varied and caters to most tastes and orientation - vegan, gluten free, to meat and potatoes. The is a well stocked library for easy fireside reading and most nights there is a special activity or movie. The spa is one of the finest I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy. It is set off to one side of the property for absolute serenity and relaxation. The staff is more than accommodating and will tend to your every need. Mohonk is also wonderful for larger family getaways and reunions. One of my favorite spots and one that I return to regularly.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed July 18, 2018

Awesome resort not far from NYC with great food and lots of hiking trails. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Wonderful for couples, families and reunions. My sister and I wanted a convenient getaway in a relaxing atmosphere, yet with lots of activities should we want them. Mohonk Mountain Resort was perfect!!

Room tip: rooms on the upper floors with views of the lake are best!
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank krichards1201
Reviewed July 17, 2018

Been there and Stayed there a few times...... Its really a beautiful place.... more for couples than for the whole family (my opinion)....... Nice trails for walk..... just simply beautiful...... but since it became a landmark it became way to expensive and the price does not justify the place.

Date of stay: August 2017
3  Thank Piconator1972
Barbara S, General Manager at Mohonk Mountain House, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Hello Piconator1972,

Thank you for your kind words about the beauty of Mohonk and the trail network! It sounds like you have fond memories of staying here.

We received our National Historic Landmark designation in 1986; and, over the last 32 years, we have made significant capital investments in our property (including the addition of the award-winning spa), enhancing the experience for our guests. Overnight rates at Mohonk may appear higher than other accommodations; however, we are unique in that three meals daily and a vast array of guided activities and outdoor recreation are included in our rates.

With appreciation,
Barbara Sitrewalt

Reviewed July 16, 2018

The rooms are nice but old. There are no TV's and no coffee in the rooms, so you have to dress and go downstairs. The rooms are $750 up to $2,000 which does include meals and activities. For that price it would be nice to have coffee to sit on the porch, which they all have. We were there for a July 1st wedding of my niece. On arrival it was a mess checking in. Baggage attendants were running everywhere. No one to open the doors for those with baggage. I honestly think it was the first day for all the employees. The wedding was outdoors which was a disaster for all. It was unseasonally hot 102. My sister even tried to buy a tent for the wedding which they wouldn't allow or even offer something else. The wedding coordinator was anything but helpful(this is there main busines) She was snippy they forgot the a box of umbrellas and chocolates for after the wedding. The heat was so bad the hallways and other rooms ie. resaturant were so hot, however the rooms for sleeping were cool.
It is a lovely place, but have no customer service skills. I come from customer service with an airlineand that service would not be acceptable.

Room tip: All that I saw looked good just alot of children running and screaming in the halls
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2018

Mohonk is a good family retreat with meals and most activities included in the high price. There are so many hiking trails with varying levels of difficulty as well as kayaking, rowing, etc. that you can enjoy splurging guilt-free on the buffet. While not top-notch food, decent selection and quality for a buffet. Rooms are rustic and basic. While I understand the intent is to break from technology, it would be nice to have a TV in the room to wind down in the evening. I would not characterize this as a 5-Star resort, though you can be fooled by the price, but a nice active resort. I miss the hiking trails, but would not stay again due to the price.

Date of stay: June 2018